Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple BASH shell script to rename webcam jpg and copy into a new directory. Post 302299895 by cfajohnson on Sunday 22nd of March 2009 01:08:02 AM
Old 03-22-2009

My mistake; it should be:

Code:
while :
do
    orig=/home/slag/www/webcam.jpg
    dest=/home/slag/www/history
    origfile=${orig##*/}   ## this step was missing
    destfile=${origfile%.jpg}$( date +%Y-%m-%d_%H.%M.%S ).jpg
    echo mv "$orig" "$dest/$destfile"
    sleep 60
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to find and copy the files creted in the year 2006 to another directory

Hi All, I am new to UNIX. I will be thankful if some one helps me. I have to write a shell script for one of the requirement. I have files created from Jan 2006 to March 2008. My requirement is to write a script in such a way that 1) To find and copy(not Moving) the files created in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename all ".JPG" files to ".jpg" under all subfolders...

Hi, Dear all: One question ! ^_^ I'm using bash under Ubuntu 9.10. My question is not to rename all ".JPG" files to ".jpg" in a single folder, but to rename all ".JPG" files to ".jpg" in all subfolders. To rename all ".JPG" to ".jpg" in a single folder, for x in *.JPG; do mv "$x"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiapei100
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash script to rename files in a directory

Dear friends, I have created a script to rename all files in a directory by appending the file name with username (who created the file), the date it was created. For example, "apple.doc" should be renamed to "johnFeb23apple.doc" where "john" is the owner and "Feb23" is file created date. It... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djsnifer
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a shell script which takes two inputs and copy the files from one directory to other

Hi, I am using solari 10 OS which is having bash shell. I need a shell script which takes user home directory and name of the file or directory as a input and based on that copy the files accordingly to the other directory. example:I hava a machine1 which is having some files in a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to copy apache log files to client directory

Our Apache log files are written to a location on the server that we as clients have no access. Don't ask. Every month, I have to e-mail the administrator to have him manually copy our Apache log files to a directory in our file space. You can probably guess how efficient it is to do things this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregraven
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Having trouble with find rename jpg command

Hi, I have a large series of directories and subdirectories with many jpgs in them. I need to do two things: 1. Create a copy of each jpg found within it's own subdirectory 2. Rename this copied jpg such that apple.jpg becomes apple_m.jpg I have tried to run the following commands in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atharvan13
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to rename files repeats previous filename in directory

In the below bash processes substitution, if there are 3 files in a directory /home/cmccabe/medex.logs/analysis.log, the filename variable is set to where these files are located. The code does execute, the problem is that if there is a renamed file in the output directory below, it gets... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oop to copy and rename files through SQL Statement in shell Script

#!/bin/sh sqlplus -s "/ as sysdba" << EOF SET HEADING OFF SET FEEDBACK OFF Select pt.user_concurrent_program_name , OUTFILE_NAME FROm apps.fnd_concurrent_programs_tl pt, apps.fnd_concurrent_requests f where pt.concurrent_program_id = f.concurrent_program_id and pt.application_id =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: usman_oracle
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple script for resize, crop and optimize jpg

Hi Friends, I'm trying to create a script that allows me to recursively resize, crop (holding the center of the image) and optimize images jpg, jpeg, png for a specific folder and subfolder with the ability to exclude certain folder and its subdirectory. Again, I should to do with this script:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danjde
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change directory within a bash shell script

Hi, I have been trying to execute the below command by changing directory and then copying contents of one directory to another by doing some file name manipulations in between. However this isnt working since as soon as the statement completes it goes back to the original folder. Can someone... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HikingLife
5 Replies
GKRELLKAM-LIST(5)						File Formats Manual						 GKRELLKAM-LIST(5)

NAME
gkrellkam-list - format of the list description files used by GKrellKam DESCRIPTION
GKrellKam lists describe a series of image sources, used in order or at random by the GKrellKam plugin. Online lists (downloadable by GKrellKam with HTTP) use this same syntax. Blank lines and comments (beginning with '#') in GKrellKam lists are ignored. Every line of text that does not begin with a tab character is considered an image source. An image source can be one of several types: image Sources of type image consist of a complete local filename to an image file. url Type url is just that; a ftp:// or http:// URL pointing at an online image file. script Type script is a system command, executed in a shell by GKrellKam when it's time to get this image. The output of the command is assumed to be a complete filename of a local image file, optionally terminated with newlines/whitespace. The corresponding image is loaded. list Type list causes a different GKrellKam list to be included in the current one. Each image source line should look like this: type: name The "type: " part of the line can be omitted for images and URLs, to make these list files backwards compatible with earlier versions of GKrellKam, but it is suggested that you specify them. It will enhance the readability of the list file. There are also properties that can be applied to types image, url, and script. Properties must follow the image source line that they mod- ify, and must begin with a tab character. These include: tooltip This sets the message shown when the mouse is kept over the image panel in GKrellKam for a few seconds. If not set, the image's filename or URL is shown instead. seconds This changes the number of seconds that an image will remain displayed. If not set, the "Default number of seconds" set for that panel in the GKrellM configuration window will be used. refresh If set, this sets the minimum length of time that must elapse before the image is re-loaded. If the image cycles up before that time, the old image will be used. For script types, this means that the script will not be re-run. For url types, the image will not be fetched using wget. When this property is not set, url images will be downloaded every time they are displayed, and scripts will be run every time. EXAMPLE
This is a simple example of a GKrellKam list. For a better example, see example.list from this distribution. # .krellkam.list # This list rotates through ~/pics/mypic[1-4].jpg along with a # webcam, and then displays the pictures in ~/lists/sub.list image: /home/paul/pics/mypic1.jpg /home/paul/pics/mypic2.jpg image: /home/paul/pics/mypic3.jpg http://www.usu.edu/webcam/fullsize.jpg [tab] tooltip: This is the building where I work image: /home/paul/pics/mypic4.jpg [tab] seconds: 4 [tab] tooltip: Don't display this one very long list: /home/paul/lists/sub.list FILES
$HOME/.krellkam.list - The default source for the first GKrellKam panel example.list - A sample GKrellKam list AUTHOR
GKrellKam was written by paul cannon <paul@cannon.cs.usu.edu>. This manual page was written by the same author for inclusion in the GKrel- lKam distribution, and may be used by others. SEE ALSO
wget(8) Dec 7, 2001 GKRELLKAM-LIST(5)