Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sending email from solaris 9 system Post 302299872 by aemunathan on Saturday 21st of March 2009 09:33:21 PM
Old 03-21-2009
hi
Am getting default server not available for the nslookup. . . ,
Quote:
*** Can't find server name for address 64.233.161.83: No response from server
*** Default servers are not available
Quote:
<root@rtmssrv1:/>echo "test mail 1" | mailx -v -s "test mail 1" aemunathan@bsnl.co.in
<root@rtmssrv1:/>aemunathan@bsnl.co.in... Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via relay...
220 rtmssrv1.com ESMTP Sendmail 8.12.10+Sun/8.12.10; Sun, 22 Mar 2009 09:00:28 +0530 (IST)
>>> EHLO rtmssrv1.com
250-rtmssrv1.com Hello localhost [127.0.0.1], pleased to meet you
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-PIPELINING
250-EXPN
250-VERB
250-8BITMIME
250-SIZE
250-DSN
250-ETRN
250-DELIVERBY
250 HELP
>>> MAIL From:<root@rtmssrv1.com> SIZE=79
250 2.1.0 <root@rtmssrv1.com>... Sender ok
>>> RCPT To:<aemunathan@bsnl.co.in>
>>> DATA
250 2.1.5 <aemunathan@bsnl.co.in>... Recipient ok
354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
>>> .
250 2.0.0 n2M3USsg011546 Message accepted for delivery
aemunathan@bsnl.co.in... Sent (n2M3USsg011546 Message accepted for delivery)
Closing connection to [127.0.0.1]
>>> QUIT
221 2.0.0 rtmssrv1.com closing connection
the sendmail.cf contains a line like this
Code:
# "Smart" relay host (may be null)
DSmailhost$?m.$m$.

Should i edit this one?

Last edited by aemunathan; 03-22-2009 at 12:54 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending email from mailx

hi can i know how to use mailx to send email to my lotus email account? i wan to send a file in a directory as an attachment and then email to lotus. can show me the command line to do it? thanks a lot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: legato
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending email

I have an Solaris 8 machine running a managment application. One of the features of this application is to configure alarm forwarding to an email undress. When i configured the application to do that, it asked me only about the recipient email address. Quesiton: how to configure my Solaris 8... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcheaib
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending email

hi, is there any possiblity to send email from the command prompt, for eg i want to send alert to any mail id like /data/logs is 80% to my hotmail account , xxx@hotmail.com is this really possible,, if not, then what are the prerequistes need to do this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while sending email from solaris

Dears, I have tried to send email, but i have following error. 051 mydomain.net: Name server timeout i have add following line to /etc/resolv.conf domain mydomain.net But didn't work, i didn't configure anything else .. Do i need to configure anything else ???? root#xxx@mydomain.net...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danish Shakil
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email from Unix

I am using the following syntax to send an e-mail from Unix (Sun OS). mail -s "hello" abc@yahoo.com But, when I click enter after typing this command, its not exiting and after a while when I give ctrl+c it creates a dead.letter file in my $HOME dir. Can anyone please tell me, if I have to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh8s
7 Replies

6. Linux

sending an email

I have used an already-built ActiveX control to send email from my asp web pages. One of the parameters I fill is FromName which defines the tittle the recipient will see in the From entrance in his Inbox. Now Iīm trying to use mail to send an email from a Shell but I havenīt found the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RandomAccess
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sending email to different domain

Hi, I am looking for info based on direct experience in using DataStage EE with Unix. A scenario in the client remote desktop I work for company Switch, my client is Master. Notification Activity Stage (IBM Asential Data Stage component) SMTP Mail server name is blank. Sender... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsnaveen
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using top command to email if process is exceeding 25% and sending an email alert if so

This is my first time writing a script and Im having some trouble, Im trying to use the top command to monitor processes and the amount of CPU usage they require, my aim is to get an email if a process takes over a certain percentage of CPU usage I tried grep Obviosly that hasnt worked, Any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jay02
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending an email if system disk space is low

Hello i have a working script that sends me an email if system disk space is above 98%. I would like to add an extra command to the if condition. If disk space is above 98% it would also add an output of cd /var/log && du -sBM * |sort -n 2>&1 |grep -v -e "0M" -e "1M" command to the email. I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: taf130
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email in UNIX

can you tell me what is the syntax if I need to keep someone in cc with the below email. mailx -s "shell script completed successfully" arun@gmail.com < /dev/null (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)