Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to edit strings based on patterns Post 302299858 by deepakc_in on Saturday 21st of March 2009 07:32:49 PM
Old 03-21-2009
script to edit strings based on patterns

Hello All,

Here is the file which I want to edit. The script should look for DB2 and if found then delete all lines related to DB2 connection string. Is there way this can be done using script ?

DB1 =
(DESCRIPTION =
(SDU = 32768
(enable = broken)
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = myserver.com)(PORT = 1521))
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = myserver.com)(PORT = 1521))
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = DB1)
)
)
DB2 =
(DESCRIPTION =
(SDU = 32768)
(enable = broken)
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = anotherserver.com)(PORT = 1521))
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = anotherserver.com)(PORT = 1521))
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = DB2)
)
)
DB3 =
(DESCRIPTION =
(SDU = 32768)
(enable = broken)
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = thirdserver.com)(PORT = 1521))
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = thirdserver.com)(PORT = 1521))
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = DB3)
)
)

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

patterns between strings...

I have a small requirement How to get patterns between string this way Input.. 05 ABC. TAGTAG 10 AAA PIC 9 10 BBB PIC X COMMET 10 CCC COMP PIC 9 05 DEF I wanted to get all the variable between 05 ABC and next 05 level out put should be AAA BBB (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to format file based on specific patterns

Please help me out and drag me out the deadlock I am stuck into: I have a file. I want the statements under a if...then condition be listed in a separate file in the manner condition|statement.Following are the different input pattern and corresponding output parameters.any generic code to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyan321
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete strings in file1 based on the list of strings in file2

Hello guys, should be a very easy questn for you: I need to delete strings in file1 based on the list of strings in file2. like file2: word1_word2_ word3_word5_ word3_word4_ word6_word7_ file1: word1_word2_otherwords..,word3_word5_others... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: roussine
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate text between patterns in individual strings

In any given file, wherever a certain data block exists I need to concatenate the values(text after each "=" sign) from that block. in that block. The block starts and ends with specific pattern, say BEGIN DS and END DS respectively. The block size may vary. A file will have multiple such blocks.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prev
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk based script to ignore all columns from a file which contains character strings

Hello All, I have a .CSV file where I expect all numeric data in all the columns other than column headers. But sometimes I get the files (result of statistics computation by other persons) like below( sample data) SNO,Data1,Data2,Data3 1,2,3,4 2,3,4,SOME STRING 3,4,Inf,5 4,5,4,4 I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract multiple occurance of strings between 2 patterns

I need to extract multiple occurance strings between 2 different patterns in given line. For e.g. in below as input ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- mike(hussey) AND mike(donald) AND mike(ryan) AND mike(johnson)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameermohite
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux/Shell script - How to compare 2 arrays based on patterns and get the differences

I have FILE 1 (This file has all master columns/headers) A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|STATUS FILE 2 A|C|F|I|OFF_STATUS 3|4|5|4|Y 6|7|8|5|Y Below command give me all headers of FILE 2 into array2.txt file paste <(head -1 FILE2.txt | tr '|' '\n')>array2.txt So I would like to compare... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmadhams
2 Replies
SHOREWALL-BLACKLIST(5)						  [FIXME: manual]					    SHOREWALL-BLACKLIST(5)

NAME
blacklist - Shorewall Blacklist file SYNOPSIS
/etc/shorewall/blacklist DESCRIPTION
The blacklist file is used to perform static blacklisting. You can blacklist by source address (IP or MAC), or by application. The columns in the file are as follows (where the column name is followed by a different name in parentheses, the different name is used in the alternate specification syntax). ADDRESS/SUBNET (networks) - {-|~mac-address|ip-address|address-range|+ipset} Host address, network address, MAC address, IP address range (if your kernel and iptables contain iprange match support) or ipset name prefaced by "+" (if your kernel supports ipset match). Exclusion (shorewall-exclusion[1](5)) is supported. MAC addresses must be prefixed with "~" and use "-" as a separator. Example: ~00-A0-C9-15-39-78 A dash ("-") in this column means that any source address will match. This is useful if you want to blacklist a particular application using entries in the PROTOCOL and PORTS columns. PROTOCOL (proto) - {-|[!]protocol-number|[!]protocol-name} Optional - If specified, must be a protocol number or a protocol name from protocols(5). PORTS - {-|[!]port-name-or-number[,port-name-or-number]...} Optional - may only be specified if the protocol is TCP (6) or UDP (17). A comma-separated list of destination port numbers or service names from services(5). OPTIONS - {-|{dst|src|whitelist|audit}[,...]} Optional - added in 4.4.12. If specified, indicates whether traffic from ADDRESS/SUBNET (src) or traffic to ADDRESS/SUBNET (dst) should be blacklisted. The default is src. If the ADDRESS/SUBNET column is empty, then this column has no effect on the generated rule. Note In Shorewall 4.4.12, the keywords from and to were used in place of src and dst respectively. Blacklisting was still restricted to traffic arriving on an interface that has the 'blacklist' option set. So to block traffic from your local network to an internet host, you had to specify blacklist on your internal interface in shorewall-interfaces[2] (5). Note Beginning with Shorewall 4.4.13, entries are applied based on the blacklist setting in shorewall-zones[3](5): 1. 'blacklist' in the OPTIONS or IN_OPTIONS column. Traffic from this zone is passed against the entries in this file that have the src option (specified or defaulted). 2. 'blacklist' in the OPTIONS or OUT_OPTIONS column. Traffic to this zone is passed against the entries in this file that have the dst option. In Shorewall 4.4.20, the whitelist option was added. When whitelist is specified, packets/connections that match the entry are not matched against the remaining entries in the file. The audit option was also added in 4.4.20 and causes packets matching the entry to be audited. The audit option may not be specified in whitelist entries and require AUDIT_TARGET support in the kernel and iptables. EXAMPLE
Example 1: To block DNS queries from address 192.0.2.126: #ADDRESS/SUBNET PROTOCOL PORT 192.0.2.126 udp 53 Example 2: To block some of the nuisance applications: #ADDRESS/SUBNET PROTOCOL PORT - udp 1024:1033,1434 - tcp 57,1433,1434,2401,2745,3127,3306,3410,4899,5554,6101,8081,9898 FILES
/etc/shorewall/blacklist SEE ALSO
http://shorewall.net/blacklisting_support.htm http://shorewall.net/configuration_file_basics.htm#Pairs shorewall(8), shorewall-accounting(5), shorewall-actions(5), shorewall-hosts(5), shorewall_interfaces(5), shorewall-ipsets(5), shorewall-maclist(5), shorewall-masq(5), shorewall-nat(5), shorewall-netmap(5), shorewall-params(5), shorewall-policy(5), shorewall-providers(5), shorewall-proxyarp(5), shorewall-rtrules(5), shorewall-routestopped(5), shorewall-rules(5), shorewall.conf(5), shorewall-secmarks(5), shorewall-tcclasses(5), shorewall-tcdevices(5), shorewall-tcrules(5), shorewall-tos(5), shorewall-tunnels(5), shorewall-zones(5) NOTES
1. shorewall-exclusion http://www.shorewall.net/manpages/shorewall-exclusion.html 2. shorewall-interfaces http://www.shorewall.net/manpages/shorewall-interfaces.html 3. shorewall-zones http://www.shorewall.net/manpages/shorewall-zones.html [FIXME: source] 06/28/2012 SHOREWALL-BLACKLIST(5)