Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to edit strings based on patterns Post 302299858 by deepakc_in on Saturday 21st of March 2009 07:32:49 PM
Old 03-21-2009
script to edit strings based on patterns

Hello All,

Here is the file which I want to edit. The script should look for DB2 and if found then delete all lines related to DB2 connection string. Is there way this can be done using script ?

DB1 =
(DESCRIPTION =
(SDU = 32768
(enable = broken)
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = myserver.com)(PORT = 1521))
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = myserver.com)(PORT = 1521))
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = DB1)
)
)
DB2 =
(DESCRIPTION =
(SDU = 32768)
(enable = broken)
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = anotherserver.com)(PORT = 1521))
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = anotherserver.com)(PORT = 1521))
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = DB2)
)
)
DB3 =
(DESCRIPTION =
(SDU = 32768)
(enable = broken)
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = thirdserver.com)(PORT = 1521))
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = thirdserver.com)(PORT = 1521))
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = DB3)
)
)

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

patterns between strings...

I have a small requirement How to get patterns between string this way Input.. 05 ABC. TAGTAG 10 AAA PIC 9 10 BBB PIC X COMMET 10 CCC COMP PIC 9 05 DEF I wanted to get all the variable between 05 ABC and next 05 level out put should be AAA BBB (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to format file based on specific patterns

Please help me out and drag me out the deadlock I am stuck into: I have a file. I want the statements under a if...then condition be listed in a separate file in the manner condition|statement.Following are the different input pattern and corresponding output parameters.any generic code to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyan321
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete strings in file1 based on the list of strings in file2

Hello guys, should be a very easy questn for you: I need to delete strings in file1 based on the list of strings in file2. like file2: word1_word2_ word3_word5_ word3_word4_ word6_word7_ file1: word1_word2_otherwords..,word3_word5_others... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: roussine
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate text between patterns in individual strings

In any given file, wherever a certain data block exists I need to concatenate the values(text after each "=" sign) from that block. in that block. The block starts and ends with specific pattern, say BEGIN DS and END DS respectively. The block size may vary. A file will have multiple such blocks.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prev
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk based script to ignore all columns from a file which contains character strings

Hello All, I have a .CSV file where I expect all numeric data in all the columns other than column headers. But sometimes I get the files (result of statistics computation by other persons) like below( sample data) SNO,Data1,Data2,Data3 1,2,3,4 2,3,4,SOME STRING 3,4,Inf,5 4,5,4,4 I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract multiple occurance of strings between 2 patterns

I need to extract multiple occurance strings between 2 different patterns in given line. For e.g. in below as input ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- mike(hussey) AND mike(donald) AND mike(ryan) AND mike(johnson)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameermohite
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux/Shell script - How to compare 2 arrays based on patterns and get the differences

I have FILE 1 (This file has all master columns/headers) A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|STATUS FILE 2 A|C|F|I|OFF_STATUS 3|4|5|4|Y 6|7|8|5|Y Below command give me all headers of FILE 2 into array2.txt file paste <(head -1 FILE2.txt | tr '|' '\n')>array2.txt So I would like to compare... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmadhams
2 Replies
Net::Time(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					    Net::Time(3pm)

NAME
Net::Time - time and daytime network client interface SYNOPSIS
use Net::Time qw(inet_time inet_daytime); print inet_time(); # use default host from Net::Config print inet_time('localhost'); print inet_time('localhost', 'tcp'); print inet_daytime(); # use default host from Net::Config print inet_daytime('localhost'); print inet_daytime('localhost', 'tcp'); DESCRIPTION
"Net::Time" provides subroutines that obtain the time on a remote machine. inet_time ( [HOST [, PROTOCOL [, TIMEOUT]]]) Obtain the time on "HOST", or some default host if "HOST" is not given or not defined, using the protocol as defined in RFC868. The optional argument "PROTOCOL" should define the protocol to use, either "tcp" or "udp". The result will be a time value in the same units as returned by time() or undef upon failure. inet_daytime ( [HOST [, PROTOCOL [, TIMEOUT]]]) Obtain the time on "HOST", or some default host if "HOST" is not given or not defined, using the protocol as defined in RFC867. The optional argument "PROTOCOL" should define the protocol to use, either "tcp" or "udp". The result will be an ASCII string or undef upon failure. AUTHOR
Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1995-2004 Graham Barr. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Net::Time(3pm)