Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AWK Currency Conversion
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK Currency Conversion Post 302299822 by 3junior on Saturday 21st of March 2009 02:43:49 PM
Old 03-21-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3junior
How can I use awk command to convert values to currency. For example I have a database like follows
John:200
smith:300
kim:405

and want it to out put like this
John $200.00
What if it was like
John:200.4
smith:300.50
kim:405.60
How can i make it so all the outputs will be in format $0.00

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Conversion in awk

I am porting a awk script from Windows to unix I_SALE_MEDIA=$67 if ((I_VOID_FLAG == "Y") && (I_SALE_MEDIA == 0)) NOW consider the case where I_SALE_MEDIA i.e $67 is "000" The above comparison works fine in Windows , but to make it work in Unix , I had to change the above as follows : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohanrege
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script for date conversion

hi awk script for dd/mm/yyyy to yyyymmdd awk script for dd-mon-yyyy to yyyymmdd awk script for dd-mm-yyyy to yyyymmdd formate ..............urgent............. Thanks in advanced (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: charandevu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File conversion and awk

Hi Everyone, I am confused with the output of the input file and I am using below command in script to get the expected output. Also I want to add another condition using logical AND (&&) in place of $2=="L"{$4=0-$4} as $2=="L" && $3=="L" {$4=0-$4} but I am getting some awk error. Can someone... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

HPUX to Linux awk conversion

I have the following script to edit ^'s and newlines out of files to be entered into a database. This script has been around since the dawn of time (way before me). #!/bin/bash # Remove all ^ and \n from the source file, except do not remove ^^^\n cat myfile.hold | awk ' BEGIN {FS="|";... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: insania
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wiki conversion with Awk or Sed

I have the words in twiki format that I want to convert to mediawiki format like below : %BLUE%some words1%ENDCOLOR% bla bla blab labdad sdadasd adsasdads oerdkfj kdfjs %PINK%some wordks2 123.4.5.6/26%ENDCOLOR%, ksdjak dkasjd kjfrjkfgjdkfgjdfkgjdgdfgdgf %PURPLE%1.2.3.4/28%ENDCOLOR%, dskd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rk4k
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk string to number conversion

Can someone explain whats happening here: $ awk 'BEGIN {print (2.5 - 1)}' 1,5 2.5 - 1 is correctly calculated to 1,5 (using european locale) $ echo "2.5" | awk '{temp = $1 - 1; print temp}' 1 If i now pipe the string 2.5 through awk it seems at it truncates 2.5 to 2? What's the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beow
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of line via awk or etc

Hello friends, could you help me about problem with my data lines. I suppose a simple awk code may help me. I have following data lines: (first line including 3 numbers and then a matrices of 4x10) 500 40 9 1 A B 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printf statement for currency conversion

hi all, I had my script as a=qw b=rter c=fdfd curency=1000 printf"${curency} $a $b $c" > filename can i have printf statement that can change the currency from 1000 to 1,000 like it should convert the number to currency format ..?(i.e for any number) (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numeral conversion in awk

I am running into conversion of string to numbers in awk that I can't understand and don't know how to deal with properly My script checks for numeric only field, I use this approach to do that: $1 + 0 == $1 It works most of the time, but in some cases it does not behave how I expect it to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Base64 conversion in awk overlaps

hi, problem: output is not consistent as expected using external command in AWK description: I'm trying to convert $2 into a base64 string for later decoding, and for this when I use awk , I'm getting overlapped results , or say it results are not 100% correct. my code is: gawk... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
9 Replies
COURIERPASSD(8) 						  Authentication						   COURIERPASSD(8)

NAME
courierpassd - change passwords from across the network using the Courier authentication library SYNOPSIS
courierpassd [-hV] [-s SERVICE] [--stderr] courierpassd -s, --service SERVICE courierpassd --stderr courierpassd -h, --help courierpassd -V, --version DESCRIPTION
courierpassd allows users to change their passwords from remote locations using the Courier authentication library. Usernames can be up to 64 characters long while passwords can be up to 128 characters long. courierpassd uses the poppassd protocol for obtaining authentication tokens from the network. courierpassd is intended to be run from a super-server such as tcpserver or xinetd. The service specified by the -s switch will depend on the particular authentication modules installed. Often 'login' will be appropriate but other possibilities include 'imap' and 'pop3'. This value defaults to 'login'. See the Courier documentation for a further explanation of this switch. The minimum uid that courierpassd will attempt to change a password for can be set at compile time using the configure option --with- minuid. courierpassd will refuse to change the password of a user whose uid is below this value. The default value is 100. This value should never be set to 0 as this would allow root's password to be changed from a remote location. A second configure option, --with-badpassdelay, can be used to set the delay in seconds that courierpassd sleeps after an unsuccessful password change attempt. This feature is designed to make brute force attacks against passwords harder to perform. The default value is 3. LOGGING
Logging is done to syslog by default or to stderr if the --stderr switch is used. courierpassd logs all password change attempts whether they are successful or not. courierpassd does certain checks on command line arguments so it is important to put --stderr first in the argument list if it is to be used in order for these checks to be logged properly. EXAMPLE CLIENT-SERVER CONVERSATION All messages passed between server and client are text based allowing a client session to be easily mimicked with telnet. Using telnet, changing a user's password would look like this: Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1). Escape character is '^]'. 200 courierpassd 1.1.2 hello, who are you? user <username> 200 Your password please. pass <current password> 200 Your new password please. newpass <new password> 200 Password changed, thank-you. quit 200 Bye. Connection closed by foreign host. BUGS
If you've found a bug in courierpassd, please report it to freeware@arda.homeunix.net SEE ALSO
http://www.courier-mta.org/authlib/ http://echelon.pl/pubs/poppassd.html AUTHOR
courierpassd was written by Andrew St. Jean Courier authentication library was written by Sam Varshavchik poppassd was written by Pawel Krawczyk based on an ealier version written by John Norstad, Roy Smith and Daniel L. Leavitt GNU
/Linux 20 Jan 2005 COURIERPASSD(8)