Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Find files older than 30 days in directories and delete them Post 302299806 by denka on Saturday 21st of March 2009 01:44:06 PM
Old 03-21-2009
This should work!?

find . -mtime +30 -delete

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete files older than 7 days

can anyone tell me how I would write a script in ksh on AIX that will delete files in a directory older than 7 days? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I delete files older than 7 days?

I will like to write a script that delete all files that are older than 7 days in a directory and it's subdirectories. Can any one help me out witht the magic command or script? Thanks in advance, Odogboly98:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: odogbolu98
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to remove files older than 30 days except directories

Hi, I need to remove files (*.trc) which are older than 30 days from one location. My problem is there I do not want to visit any of the directories at that location. I want to search files at that particular location only (need to skip directorys at that location). maxdepth option is there... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

Command for delete the directories which are older than 7 days

Hi, My requirement is need to delete the directories (Including files also) which are older than 7 days. So I used below command in one script (script takes 2 input parameters) #$1 - Path of the directory from where we have to delete the directories.# #$2 - Number of days older... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sridhar sivakot
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete files older than 30 days

This is driving me crazy. How can I delete files in a specifc directory that are over 30 days old? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlphillips
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete files more than 15 days older

i have to delete files which are older than 15 days or more except the ones in the directory Current and also *.sh files i have found the command for files 15 days or more older find . -type f -mtime +15 -exec ls -ltr {} \; but how to implement the logic to avoid directory Current and also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Delete files older than 30 days

Hi all, I want to delete log files with extension .log which are older than 30 days. How to delete those files? Operating system -- Sun solaris 10 Your input is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Regards, Williams (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: William1482
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than X days.

Hi All, I am using below code to delete files older than 2 days. In case if there are no files, I should log an error saying no files to delete. Please let me know, How I can achive this. find /path/*.xml -mtime +2 Thanks and Regards Nagaraja. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command to search and delete files older than 1 days at a desired location

Hello All, Can someone please help me out in creating the find command to search and delete files older than 1 days at a desired location. Thanks in advance for your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pandee
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files not matching multiple patterns and then delete anything older than 10 days

Hi, I have multiple files in my log folder. e.g: a_m1.log b_1.log c_1.log d_1.log b_2.log c_2.log d_2.log e_m1.log a_m2.log e_m2.log I need to keep latest 10 instances of each file. I can write multiple find commands but looking if it is possible in one line. m file are monthly... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
4 Replies
Sub::Delete(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Sub::Delete(3pm)

NAME
Sub::Delete - Perl module enabling one to delete subroutines VERSION
1.00002 SYNOPSIS
use Sub::Delete; sub foo {} delete_sub 'foo'; eval 'foo();1' or die; # dies DESCRIPTION
This module provides one function, "delete_sub", that deletes the subroutine whose name is passed to it. (To load the module without importing the function, write "use Sub::Delete();".) This does more than simply undefine the subroutine in the manner of "undef &foo", which leaves a stub that can trigger AUTOLOAD (and, consequently, won't work for deleting methods). The subroutine is completely obliterated from the symbol table (though there may be references to it elsewhere, including in compiled code). PREREQUISITES
This module requires perl 5.8.3 or higher. LIMITATIONS
If you take a reference to a glob containing a subroutine, and then delete the subroutine with "delete_sub", you will find that the glob you referenced still has a subroutine in it. This is because "delete_sub" removes a glob, replaces it with another, and then copies the contents of the old glob into the new one, except for the "CODE" slot. (This is nearly impossible to fix without breaking constant::lexical.) BUGS
If you find any bugs, please report them to the author via e-mail. AUTHOR &; COPYRIGHT Copyright (C) 2008-10 Father Chrysostomos (sprout at, um, cpan dot org) This program is free software; you may redistribute or modify it (or both) under the same terms as perl. SEE ALSO
perltodo, which has "delete &sub" listed as a possible future feature Symbol::Glob and Symbol::Util, both of which predate this module (but I only discovered them recently), and which allow one to delete any arbitrary slot from a glob. Neither of them takes perl 5.10 constants into account, however. They also both differ from this module, in that a subroutine referenced in compiled code can no longer be called if deleted from its glob. The entire glob must be replaced (which this module does). perl v5.10.1 2010-11-06 Sub::Delete(3pm)