Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Howto troubleshoot Perfomance using vmstat & iostat Post 302299714 by incredible on Saturday 21st of March 2009 01:55:21 AM
Old 03-21-2009
Install ORCA OrcaWare Technologies - Home Page
Its a good tool.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BOX Status with vmstat & top Solaris 2.8

Hi there, I´m trying to get the information of vmstat & top in two different logfiles. That not that difficult. vmstat 30 >> myfile.log top >> myfile2.log But I also like to include a timestamp every 30 sec to be sure from what date the logs are. For the Top command I were able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isacs
2 Replies

2. Programming

Howto convert Ascii -> UTF-8 & back C++

While working with russian text under FreeBSD&MySQL I need to convert a string from MySQL to the Unicode format. I've just started my way in C++ under FreeBSD , so please explain me how can I get ascii code of Char variable and also how can i get a character into variable with the specified ascii... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: macron
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vmstat output with date & timestamp

Hello all This is a sample vmstat output ... $ vmstat 2 2 kthr memory page disk faults cpu r b w swap free re mf pi po fr de sr hx hx hx hx in sy cs us sy id 1 0 0 23105784 7810488 323 767 1742 5 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 683 780 457 43 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
9 Replies

4. Solaris

Describe the parameters of iostat,vmstat and mpstat

Hi, I am trying to take the Statistics of the machine during load.Can someone explian the parameters of iostat: tty sd1 sd2 sd3 sd4 cpu tin tout kps tps serv kps tps serv kps tps serv kps tps serv us sy wt id vmstat: kthr ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grrajeish
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: howto print to screen & filehandle

Hello, I need to print messages both to screen and to file handle in perl , like tee does in unix . Any suggestions ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alalush
2 Replies

6. AIX

troubleshoot

Dear friends, is there any kind of scripts that will damage aix than we can troubleshoot what was the reason :-) just for having fun :-) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

disks perfomance issues

Hi, All I'm trying to figure out why on very similar hosts with the same settings disks perfomance is different. Linux 2.6.16.60-0.69.1-smp #1 SMP Fri Sep 17 17:07:54 UTC 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux disks are in similar array, everything looks good from the system site, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranger5
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script to monitor cpu and VMstat, iostat

Hi , I am new to scripting. please help me out how to write a script to monitor cpu , vmstat, iostat in Redhat linux. we are doing the load test. Thanks in advance !!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saanvi
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Sense key unit attention & iostat hardware and transport errors on SAN disks

Hello, I'm trying to get to the bottom of SAN disk errors we've been seeing. Server is Sun Fire X4270 M2 running Solaris 10 8/11 u10 X86 since April 2012. SAN HBAs are SG-PCIE2FC-QF8-Z-Sun-branded Qlogic. SAN storage system is Hitachi VSP. We have 32 LUNs in use and another 8 LUNs not brought... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TKD
4 Replies

10. Solaris

FTP perfomance < 2MB

Hi, I am transferring files to a Solaris 10 installation on Sun Fire 480. I find that when transferring large files > 1G via FTP, the performance is < 2GB. I am using FileZilla and the network is 100Mbit. I am currently transferring 2 files concurrently & there are only having a bandwidth of... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: wong.Raymond
17 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)