Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Alias not working
Operating Systems Solaris Alias not working Post 302299615 by vbe on Friday 20th of March 2009 02:05:21 PM
Old 03-20-2009
How did you test? deconnecting yourself and coming back?
Did you . ./.kshrc then test?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

host alias not working: host not found

Hello, I am working on HP-UX , and in the /etc/hosts file we have setup an alias: aa.bb.cc.dd devmach2.unix.org devmach2 devma2v The alias devma2v does not work. Error when pinging devma2v ping: unknown host devma2v For devmach2 the ping works fine , returning the correct IP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FunnyCats
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

alias not working in scripts

Hi All, PF below details, > cat run.sh #!/usr/bin/ksh alias ll="ls -l" > ./run.sh > ll ksh: ll: not found. Pls help on this? Thanks in Advance, Naga :cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagapandi
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

alias command not working after re-login

i create some alias in .cshrc file then i run source .cshrc to refresh it, the alias command work fine but when i relogin again, the alias command is not working... i need to re-run the source .cshrc command so that the alias only workable. any idea on it? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsy
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Simple question: alias not working for root

OS = Solaris 8 Issue: alias not working for root, but working for regular users # grep root /etc/passwd root:x:0:1:Super-User:/:/sbin/sh # alias dir=ls # dir dir: not found # alias dir="ls -l" # dir dir: not found # alias dir='ls -l' # dir dir: not found # alias... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cp command not working with alias

Hi Friends, I have added some aliases in .bash_profile file under the root folder. Its works fine and very useful, but does not go well with cp command. alias deploy="cd /usr/local/tomcat/webapp" alias artifacts="cd /usr/local/artifacts" but when i try to cp from artifacts folder... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashdeep
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

[SOLVED] How the alias is working?

Iam facing some strange issue with alias. I have an alias file in which i have created lot of aliases as given below. export BUILD_HOME=/apps/psr/build export DB_HOME=/apps/psr/database export LOGS_HOME=/apps/psr/logs export BUILD_TEST=/apps/psr/build_dev/build_test export... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vikram_Tanwar12
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Alias not working

Hi, I'm on Solaris (SunOS wsp2cm01 5.10 Generic_150400-10 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200). Trying to set up an alias like below - alias grep="/usr/xpg4/bin/grep"but when I call grep in my command it ignores my alias & uses /usr/bin/grep instead. The problem with /usr/bin/grep is that it doesn't... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: nexional
24 Replies

8. Solaris

Alias is not working under Bourne Shell

Hi, Please assist me why HC alias is not working under this shell? root@singapore # grep HC /.profile alias HC='cd /var/tmp/HC/2015/`date +%B`' root@singapore # . /.profile Sourcing //.profile-EIS..... root@singapore # echo $HC root@singapore # HC HC: not found root@singapore # echo... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: tprabhu1983
18 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alias not working

I have several shell scripts which contain the nawk command. Here is what i m doing assign the correct value to nawk as nawk is not found on a new systems. Here is what i did. more test.sh ] && alias nawk=/usr/bin/gawk ] && alias nawk=/usr/bin/nawk ] && alias nawk=/usr/bin/awk... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Lost with this alias why it is not working

Hi, I have the following aliases: $: alias | grep "^du=" du='du -s * 2>/dev/null | awk '\''{ printf "%4.2f-KB ==> %s \n", $1/1024 , $2 }'\'' | sort -rn' $: alias | grep "^dutop10=" dutop10='du -s * 2>/dev/null | awk '\''{ printf "%4.2f-KB ==> %s \n", $1/1024 , $2 }'\'' | sort -rn | head... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies
ATF-TEST-PROGRAM(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 				       ATF-TEST-PROGRAM(1)

NAME
atf-test-program -- common interface to ATF test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-test-program [-r resfile] [-s srcdir] [-v var1=value1 [.. -v varN=valueN]] test_case atf-test-program -l DESCRIPTION
Test programs written using the ATF libraries all share a common user interface, which is what this manual page describes. NOTE: There is no binary known as atf-test-program; what is described in this manual page is the command-line interface exposed by the atf-c, atf-c++ and atf-sh bindings. In the first synopsis form, the test program will execute the provided test case and print its results to the standard output, unless other- wise stated by the -r flag. Optionally, the test case name can be suffixed by ':cleanup', in which case the cleanup routine of the test case will be executed instead of the test case body; see atf-test-case(4). Note that the test case is executed without isolation, so it can and probably will create and modify files in the current directory. To execute test cases in a controller manner, you need a runtime engine that understands the ATF interface. The recommended runtime engine is kyua(1). You should only execute test cases by hand for debugging pur- poses. In the second synopsis form, the test program will list all available test cases alongside their meta-data properties in a format that is machine parseable. This list is processed by kyua(1) to know how to execute the test cases of a given test program. The following options are available: -l Lists available test cases alongside a brief description for each of them. -r resfile Specifies the file that will receive the test case result. If not specified, the test case prints its results to stdout. If the result of a test case needs to be parsed by another program, you must use this option to redirect the result to a file and then read the resulting file from the other program. Note: do not try to process the stdout of the test case because your program may break in the future. -s srcdir The path to the directory where the test program is located. This is needed in all cases, except when the test program is being executed from the current directory. The test program will use this path to locate any helper data files or utilities. -v var=value Sets the configuration variable var to the value value. SEE ALSO
kyua(1) BSD
March 2, 2014 BSD