Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help to modify perl script: Text file with line and more than 1 space Post 302299409 by srsahu75 on Friday 20th of March 2009 03:42:48 AM
Old 03-20-2009
Kindly let me know, "what I should do to get the desired result?"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify Specific Line of a Text File

Given a text file, how do you add a line of text after a specific line number? I believe I would want to use "sed" but I am unsure of the syntax. Thank you. Mike (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, perl Script for processing a single line text file

I need a script to process a huge single line text file: The sample of the text is: "forward_inline_item": "Inline", "options_region_Australia": "Australia", "server_event_err_msg": "There was an error attempting to save", "Token": "Yes", "family": "Family","pwd_login_tab": "Enter Your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hmsadiq
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a shell script to modify one line and copy the next 9 to same file

Hi everyone, the problem is quite simple, yet I can't find an easy solution using awk. I need to search for a string in $3, then if I find this string, copy the line,modify $3, and copy the next 9 lines to the same file. My problem is in the copying of the lines... Finding and modifying... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Teroc
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify text file using shell script

Hi, I have a text file which is following format - COL VAL ABC 1 ABC 2 ABC 3 ABC 4 ABC 5 My requirement is to search for a particular value (provided by user) in the file and comment the previous entries including that as well. E.g. If I search for number 3, then the output... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhupinder08
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL or SHELL Scrript to search in Directories by taking line by line from a text file

Unix box server version *********** >uname -r B.11.00 >echo $SHELL /usr/bin/ksh --> in this server, I have the path like /IMbuild/dev/im0serv1 ---> in that directory I have the folders startup(.jsp files nearly 100 jsp's ) and scripts(contains .js files nearly 100 files) ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasam
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify a perl line to parse out and output to another format

Hey there... I am looking for a way to take the below contents ( small excerpt) of this file called PTR.csv ptrrecord,0000002e0cc0.homeoffice.anfcorp.com,,10.11.191.62,,,False,62.191.11.10.in-addr.arpa,,302400,default... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify the text file by script

Hi All the Helpers! I have a text file which looks like input.txt.I would request to please suggest me how can I make this file look like output.txt input.txt VOP 111 0 1 2 DEM 111 0 222 333 444 555 879 888 987 888 989 VOP 118 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify one line in a plain text file

Hi everyone, I want to know, if there is a way to modify one line in a text file with unix script, with out re-writing all the file. For example, i have this file: CONFIGURATION_1=XXXX CONFIGURATION_2=YYYY CONFIGURATION_3=ZZZZ supose i have a command or function "modify" that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xedrox
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to modify csv file

Hi Friends, I want to convert a csv file into a ordinary .txt file. I am able to convert but I want the output to look as shown below in the .txt file table findhost= { {"xyz","abc"}, {"rxz","mmz"}, {"vrr","nnz"}, } default={"NONE"} My current perl script #!/usr/bin/env perl... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Modify text file if found multiple pattern match for every line.

Looking for help, i have input file like below and want to modify to expected output, if can without create additional file, hope can direct modify it. have 2 thing need do. 1st is adding a word (testplan generation off) after ! ! IPG: Tue Aug 07 14:31:17 2018 2nd is adding... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: kttan
16 Replies
Tk_GetVisual(3) 					       Tk Library Procedures						   Tk_GetVisual(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_GetVisual - translate from string to visual SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> Visual * Tk_GetVisual(interp, tkwin, string, depthPtr, colormapPtr) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter to use for error reporting. Tk_Window tkwin (in) Token for window in which the visual will be used. const char *string (in) String that identifies the desired visual. See below for valid formats. int *depthPtr (out) Depth of returned visual gets stored here. Colormap *colormapPtr (out) If non-NULL then a suitable colormap for visual is found and its identifier is stored here. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_GetVisual takes a string description of a visual and finds a suitable X Visual for use in tkwin, if there is one. It returns a pointer to the X Visual structure for the visual and stores the number of bits per pixel for it at *depthPtr. If string is unrecognizable or if no suitable visual could be found, then NULL is returned and Tk_GetVisual leaves an error message in interp->result. If colormap is non-NULL then Tk_GetVisual also locates an appropriate colormap for use with the result visual and stores its X identifier at *colormapPtr. The string argument specifies the desired visual in one of the following ways: class depth The string consists of a class name followed by an integer depth, with any amount of white space (including none) in between. class selects what sort of visual is desired and must be one of directcolor, grayscale, greyscale, pseudocolor, staticcolor, staticgray, staticgrey, or truecolor, or a unique abbreviation. depth specifies how many bits per pixel are needed for the visual. If possible, Tk_GetVisual will return a visual with this depth; if there is no visual of the desired depth then Tk_GetVisual looks first for a visual with greater depth, then one with less depth. default Use the default visual for tkwin's screen. pathName Use the visual for the window given by pathName. pathName must be the name of a window on the same screen as tkwin. number Use the visual whose X identifier is number. best ?depth? Choose the "best possible" visual, using the following rules, in decreasing order of priority: (a) a visual that has exactly the desired depth is best, followed by a visual with greater depth than requested (but as little extra as possible), followed by a visual with less depth than requested (but as great a depth as possible); (b) if no depth is specified, then the deepest available visual is chosen; (c) pseudocolor is better than truecolor or directcolor, which are better than staticcolor, which is better than stat- icgray or grayscale; (d) the default visual for the screen is better than any other visual. CREDITS
The idea for Tk_GetVisual, and the first implementation, came from Paul Mackerras. KEYWORDS
colormap, screen, visual Tk 4.0 Tk_GetVisual(3)