Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with shell script to check the condition. Post 302299396 by sakthilinux on Friday 20th of March 2009 03:01:47 AM
Old 03-20-2009
omit those..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with test condition in shell script

I'm new to scripting and I need help with a bourn shell script. What i'm trying to do is a test condition where "if the time is within 2 hours, it's true" and so on. The time is in the following format DATE=`/bin/date +"%Y%m%d%H%S"` for example, 20060907152000. So, what the script first... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pieman8080
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to check for a condition inside a file

Hi I am writing a script file which sends the log files along with their size in a folder named log to a file called temp.log using the following cmd: ls -st 190_GSTV_HUX_003QISCGSK026** >> /home/user/temp.log the temp.log looks like this: 16 190_GSTV_HUX_003QISCGSK026_message070321.log ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran1112
11 Replies

3. AIX

if condition in AIX5.3-10 shell script

True if file exists and has been modified since it was last read. if then command else exit fi i am on AIX5.3-10. it does not understand -N any other way. i can use -ot (file1 is older than file2), but prefer -N if possible. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF condition against a ARRAY in shell script

Hi, I want to check a particular string inserted by User to be checked against the values i already have in a ARRAY string using IF condition. Is this possible? if yes how to do that. example : i have a,b,c,d,e,f values in a array called values i asked user to enter a value: user entered... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kukretiabhi13
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that check the argument passed to it and prints error if test condition is not met

I want to make a script that check for the argument passed to it and generates an error in case any character/string argument passed to it. I am using below code, but its not working. can anyone help. #!/bin/bash if ]; then echo 'An integer argument is passed to the script hence... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Errors in if condition validations-Shell Script

Hello All, i am facing difficulty in validating the values, kindly help me in resolving the issue. Thanks a lot in advance. -Chandra Script:Test.sh #! /bin/sh # *************************************************************************** # Function to display help function usage()... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: duddukuri
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

While condition in shell script

while do if ;then read driverName else driverName="" fi done can anyone please explain what exactly is happening on 1st line...is it like the conditions being ORed...I have no clue about this. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtagarra
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring check in IF condition in shell script

I want to check if the string has the substring in IF condition then process... i tried below but not working if ]; then ............. field can be "reserved1" ....reservedn / fillspaces1 ... fillspacesn (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help to add Condition in Shell Script..

Hi Team, I m very new to shell scripting , i want to add following condition in my script . Can anybody help me. There are three port in My node "$port" port_A port_B port_C I Want to add following Conditions in my script. If Node is connected to port_A and port_B script... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Mankar
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition shell script beginner

Hi all I have the folloing process that needs checking often: ps -ef | grep ih bscsrtx 206 15901 0 11:28:10 pts/6 0:00 fih -r4 bscsrtx 218 15901 0 11:28:27 pts/6 0:01 aih bscsrtx 29763 15901 4 11:27:16 pts/6 0:59 rdh -prih root 429 27268 0 11:30:15 pts/td ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
13 Replies
GZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GZEXE(1)

NAME
gzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
gzexe name ... DESCRIPTION
The gzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``gzexe /usr/bin/gdb'' it will create the following two files: -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1026675 Jun 7 13:53 /usr/bin/gdb -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2304524 May 30 13:02 /usr/bin/gdb~ /usr/bin/gdb~ is the original file and /usr/bin/gdb is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /usr/bin/gdb~ once you are sure that /usr/bin/gdb works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
gzip(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some standard utilities (basename, chmod, ln, mkdir, mktemp, rm, sleep, and tail). BUGS
gzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. GZEXE(1)