Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Content Management System for uploading large files Post 302299375 by z1dane on Friday 20th of March 2009 12:52:18 AM
Old 03-20-2009
Hey otheus and Yogest,

Thanks for the replies. Sorry for the late notice, but I didn't get an email notification that my thread was answered.

I shall have a look at the apache and PHP settings when I get around to doing this.

Since I only know Perl, I will do some research to see whether I can write a script for this purpose.

Thanks again.

Dave

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Is there a system call other than 'open' for opening very large files?

Dear all, Inside a C program, I want to open a very big file (about 12 GB) in order to read its content. Here is the code: /* argv contains the path to the file. */ inputFileDescriptor = open(argv, O_RDONLY); if (inputFileDescriptor < 0) { ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dariyoosh
6 Replies

2. Programming

Best Method For Query Content In Large JSON Files

I wanted to know what is the best way to query json formatted files for content? Ex. Data https://usn.ubuntu.com/usn-db/database-all.json.bz2 When looking at keys as in: import json json_data = json.load(open('database-all.json')) for keys in json_data.iterkeys(): print 'Keys--> {}... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies
vboxmail(8)						    Linux System Administration 					       vboxmail(8)

NAME
vboxmail - script to send notification of new voice message SYNOPSIS
vboxmail messagename callername callerid mail-to-address DESCRIPTION
vboxmail is used by vboxgetty to send notification of a new voice message via email. It is not meant to be called directly by any user. You can make local modifications to this script by copying it from /usr/sbin/vboxmail to /etc/isdn/vboxmail, and editing the copy there. Note that there is an enhanced version of this script available as /usr/share/doc/isdnvboxserver/vboxmail.enhanced . To use it, copy it to /etc/isdn/vboxmail . This enhanced version will send the recorded message as a MIME attachment in the email notification. If lame or xingmp3enc are installed in /usr/local/bin, then the message will be converted to MP3 format; otherwise, it will be sent as a WAV file. For this to work, you also need the following packages installed: mime-construct sox and of course an MP3 encoder if you want MP3 format. Note that the MP3 format will only be 50% smaller (instead of the 90% you might other- wise expect), because of the relatively bad sound quality to begin with (8kHz sampling, mono). If you want to use another MP3 encoder than lame or xingmp3enc, you'll have to make patches to the script. I'll be happy to implement your changes. Send them as a wishlist bug report on isdnvboxserver. SEE ALSO
vboxgetty(8), vboxgetty.conf(5) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Paul Slootman <paul@debian.org>, for Debian GNU/Linux and isdn4linux. ISDN 4 Linux 3.25 1998/11/17 vboxmail(8)