Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to pass values between awk and shell scripts Post 302299277 by vgersh99 on Thursday 19th of March 2009 05:30:17 PM
Old 03-19-2009
As described in this thread....
Code:
system(cmd) | getline val
close(cmd)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to pass values from oracle sql plus to unix shell script

how to pass values from oracle sql plus to unix shell script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass values from one file to different scripts

Hi Gurus, Iam new to Unix. I had a requirement where i should use a file for example Host.sh or Host.txt Host = 555.254.45.14 username = aaaa pwd = SSSSSS123 And this file need to be used in different scripts. For example i have script1.sh where i want to use the values of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pssandeep
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help on shell script(to pass the values)

only the arguments that are written to the file, my script is (sh /u01app/wkf.sh"$start_no","$name","$Condition","$file_name") like that when ever I run my script I need to write into a new file every time, like wise I have upto10 files with different names.bec my $start_no and $name will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sai123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass pl/sql table values to shell script

Hello, i am using '#!/bin/bash', i want to make a loop in pl/sql, this loop takes values from a table according to some conditions, each time the loop choose 3 different variables. What i am not able to do is that during the loop i want my shell script to read this 3 variables and run a shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rosalinda
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to pass the values to unix shell from the oracle stored procedure.

Hi i am calling a stored procedure from unix shell like this call test_proc('0002','20100218'); the stored procedure was giving output like this dbms_output.put_line(' processed earlier'); i want to see the output in the unix shell where i called. Thanks barani (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call java program from shell and pass values

Hi All, Can anybody please help me with how can i call my java program from shell and also pass parameter along with it so that the program can interpret the value/int and update the database. Thanks in advance Neha (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neha Goyal
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Pass the Output Values from the PL/SQL Procedure to Shell Script?

hi, Could anyone tell me how to pass the output values of the PL/SQL procedure to Shell script and how to store that values in a shell script variable... Thanks in advance... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: funonnet
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass a variable from shell to awk

I know this topic has been dealt with previously, but the solutions I've seen don't work for me apparently. I need to pass a variable defined in the shell to one in awk: $ echo $var1 3 $ cat aaa aaa 1 bbb 2 ccc 3 ddd 4 eee 5I've tried this, without success: $ awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metaltree
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass values from web form to shell script

Hi, is it possible to pass more values from web form like textbox to shell script and if yes,how to do that.:confused::confused::confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdev457
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass values to case statement in a function korn shell

I'm in the process of writng a function that consists of a case statement is there a way of calling the function and passing a value to it? ie function1 () { case opt1 do ..... opt2 do..... esac } function opt1 I'm aware the syntax is not correct, but you get the general idea. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: squrcles
1 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)