Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Unknown open port: "6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker" found with nmap Post 302299269 by Rledley on Thursday 19th of March 2009 04:57:22 PM
Old 03-19-2009
Question Unknown open port: "6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker" found with nmap

Hi. I ran nmap on my server, and I get the following:

Code:
Starting Nmap 4.76 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2009-03-19 16:33 EDT
Interesting ports on -------- (-----):
Not shown: 997 closed ports
PORT     STATE SERVICE
22/tcp   open  ssh
80/tcp   open  http
6881/tcp open  bittorrent-tracker

The first two are as I want, but I am not running anything bittorrent related (at least I'm not intending to). What tool can I use to manage my open ports or see what processes are causing this?

I'm running Debian 2.6.18-6 (powerpc)

Thanks for any help!

-----

EDIT: Solved! I was running nmap on the router, not the server itself. Someone using a computer locally was running Bittorrent. Silly me.

Last edited by Rledley; 03-19-2009 at 10:06 PM.. Reason: Solved

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unknown error message "sh: No: not found"

I am getting this error message (sh: No: not found) and I have no idea what line in my unix script its coming from or what it means. Can anyone help? thanks, Cindy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cindytucci
2 Replies

2. AIX

Probably an easy SMIT question- "Unable to open temp file"

Hi All, Can't find any documentation on the web for this anywhere, except about three web pages that are in Chinese. When I enter SMIT on this box, I get ERROR MESSAGE: Unable to open temp file I suspected smit.log, but it is universal readable, writeable by root, and I am root.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffpas
6 Replies

3. Solaris

A NEW version of "boot: cannot open kernel/sparcv9/unix "

Ok, I found this article: https://www.unix.com/sun-solaris/19665-boot-cannot-open-kernel-sparcv9-unix.html However it doesn't quite describe my situation. I have created a jumpstart DVD that works great, and installs my customized Solaris-10 (Yes 10, not 8 or 9 per previous posts) . It... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: biea
6 Replies

4. SuSE

VMDB Failure" followed by "Unable to open snapshot file"

keep getting an error when I try to revert to a snapshot: "VMDB Failure" followed by "Unable to open snapshot file" Im using vmware server 1.0.4, host OS is windows xp and guest OS is SLES. Is there anything I can do to recover the snapshot or am I in trouble!?!?! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Find all "regular" files open for write on solaris?

How do I find all "regular" files on solaris(8) that are open for write ( +read as well). I tried using pfiles, and lsof commands, but not sure how to get exactly what I wanted. ps -e | awk '{ print $1 }' | xargs -i pfiles {} 2>/dev/null (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
10 Replies

6. IP Networking

Tcp ip port open but no such process (merged: Release A Port)

i want to kill a tcp connection by killing its pid with netstat -an i got the tcp ip connection on port 5914 but when i type ps -a or ps-e there is not such process running on port 5914 is it possible that because i do not log on with proper user account i can not see that process running? (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: alinamadchian
30 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Applescript to open webpage from list, search for "text"

hi guys, its me, doritos guy, I've laid off of the doritos for a while, twas given me stomach problems. you know when you eat 10 family size bags a day it might cause a problem, any-who i appreciated the help from last time when i was trying to script something, now i just have to try to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilovedoritos
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" { send "sudo su -\r" }"

Hi All, i am trying to ssh to a remote machine and execute certain command to remote machine through script. i am able to ssh but after its getting hung at the promt and after pressing ctrl +d i am gettin the out put as expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddharth shivh
3 Replies
XSetPointerMapping(3X11)												  XSetPointerMapping(3X11)

NAME
XSetPointerMapping, XGetPointerMapping - manipulate pointer settings SYNOPSIS
int XSetPointerMapping(display, map, nmap) Display *display; unsigned char map[]; int nmap; int XGetPointerMapping(display, map_return, nmap) Display *display; unsigned char map_return[]; int nmap; ARGUMENTS
Specifies the connection to the X server. Specifies the mapping list. Returns the mapping list. Specifies the number of items in the mapping list. DESCRIPTION
The XSetPointerMapping function sets the mapping of the pointer. If it succeeds, the X server generates a MappingNotify event, and XSet- PointerMapping returns MappingSuccess. Element map[i] defines the logical button number for the physical button i+1. The length of the list must be the same as XGetPointerMapping would return, or a BadValue error results. A zero element disables a button, and elements are not restricted in value by the number of physical buttons. However, no two elements can have the same nonzero value, or a BadValue error results. If any of the buttons to be altered are logically in the down state, XSetPointerMapping returns MappingBusy, and the mapping is not changed. XSetPointerMapping can generate a BadValue error. The XGetPointerMapping function returns the current mapping of the pointer. Pointer buttons are numbered starting from one. XGetPoint- erMapping returns the number of physical buttons actually on the pointer. The nominal mapping for a pointer is map[i]=i+1. The nmap argu- ment specifies the length of the array where the pointer mapping is returned, and only the first nmap elements are returned in map_return. DIAGNOSTICS
Some numeric value falls outside the range of values accepted by the request. Unless a specific range is specified for an argument, the full range defined by the argument's type is accepted. Any argument defined as a set of alternatives can generate this error. SEE ALSO
XChangeKeyboardControl(3X11), XChangeKeyboardMapping(3X11) Xlib -- C Language X Interface XSetPointerMapping(3X11)