Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script for nested rlogin and telnet Post 302299168 by zechan on Thursday 19th of March 2009 10:37:45 AM
Old 03-19-2009
Wasap guys, kind of the same situation,
how can I design a script to nest to another server and type the user id and password for me.
Ive tried

rlogin HOST |&
sleep $DELAY
print -p $USER
sleep $DELAY--------> 2 sec
print -p UPASS

and Ive tried
rlogin host -l <user>
and it takes me to the server but still asks for the password.

we dont have ssh installed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rlogin & telnet

hi what is the main difference between rlogin and telnet? Or they are synonymous cheers (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: g-e-n-o
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telnet, rlogin, ssh login probblem

Hello Friends, I had an IRIX box won't let me login with any IDs (even root) Telnet, Rlogin, SSh. However, I can login by single user with root ID. Telnet login >>> Connection closed by forgeign host. Rlogin >>> Connection closed SSh login >>> connection to address ???.????.???.??? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anphdula
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

rlogin from Shell script

I am logged into an AIX Unix box. From there I want to remotely login to remotely login to an HP-UX Unix box and want to execute a command that will create a file. I want to get the file to the AIX box. Can someon eplease advise how to automate that in a shell script? At the first step I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rlogin inside a c-shell script

Hi Forumers, Sorry if it's really simple, but I couldn't find a way out. :( I've to do something like this in a script (csh): <some commands, variable settings, scripts> rlogin different_server <some commands, variable settings, scripts> After "rlogin", it shows the prompt of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumitgarg
5 Replies

5. Solaris

rlogin, telnet connections timeout

Hi, I have a Sun Ultra 5 desktop with Solaris 8. When I telnet/rlogin into any other host, the connection closes after few hours of inactivity. I also have another Windows box which I use rarely. But when I telnet/rlogin into the same hosts using putty, the connection stays for days without any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_gsb
5 Replies

6. IP Networking

rlogin,telnet-different or same?

Hai guys, Both "rlogin" and "telnet" are used to login remote host.Is there any differece between these 2 commands? (or) are both same? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Felicia23
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested Case in UNIX script

Hi I wanted to know if we can write a nested case in UNIX script. Something like following - Case ${sDB} in Srvr1) case ${sSchema} Sch1) DBusr=Username1 DBPwd=Pwd1 ;; Sch2) DBusr=Username2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumeet
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

rlogin and telnet

I want to make a script which will execute a command from a remote server like below rlogin server1 then telnet server2 (username, password will be given) now execute command (it may "ls -l *.txt") and give the output I've to do this manually but want to make it automatic Script may... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoeb
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

rlogin and script

I am writing a script to do rlogin to another system and execute commands on the remote system, i can successfully login to the remote system but the commands are not sent. i can only use rlogin to get to the remote system. what can i do? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aydj
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to eliminate files .rlogin

Hi guys, I'm try making to script for eliminate files rlogins. path1='/home/*' for i in `cat /etc/passwd |awk -F: '{print $6}'`; do if test "$i" = "$path1"; then echo $i cd $i if ; then echo "$i/.rhosts detectado"|mail -s "rhosts" root ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: nena_redbalon
14 Replies
RXTELNET(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       RXTELNET(1)

NAME
rxtelnet -- start a telnet and forward X-connections. SYNOPSIS
rxtelnet [-l username] [-k] [-t telnet_args] [-x xterm_args] [-K kx_args] [-w term_emulator] [-b telnet_program] [-n] [-v] host [port] DESCRIPTION
The rxtelnet program starts an xterm window with a telnet to host host. From this window you will also be able to run X clients that will be able to connect securely to your X server. If port is given, that port will be used instead of the default. If setting up the X forwarding failes, rxtelnet will still telnet in to the remote host, but without X forwarding. The supported options are: -l Log in on the remote host as user username. -k Disables keep-alives. -t Send telnet_args as arguments to telnet. -x Send xterm_args as arguments to xterm. -X Send kx_args as arguments to kx. -w Use term_emulator instead of xterm. -b Use telnet_program instead of telnet. -n Do not start any terminal emulator. -v Be verbose. EXAMPLE
To login from host foo (where your display is) to host bar, you might do the following. 1. On foo: rxtelnet bar 2. You will get a new window with a telnet to bar. In this window you will be able to start X clients. SEE ALSO
kx(1), rxterm(1), telnet(1), tenletxr(1), kxd(8) KTH_KRB March 7, 2004 KTH_KRB