Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: open a web link from
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting open a web link from Post 302299054 by pludi on Thursday 19th of March 2009 04:58:50 AM
Old 03-19-2009
Do you want to get the result of that request or do you just want to call that site so that there's a log entry?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (POSIX.1)

Link to the Open Group (UNIX Standards)

Click HERE to learn about The Single UNIX Specification, Version 3 Or: Here is another link to the UNIX IEEE Standard, an Open Group Technical Standard, Issue 7 Keywords UNIX® is a registered trademark of The Open Group (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 - Web link - Course Catalog

For anyone thats interested - Please see link below for Solaris 10 info describing new features/enhancements, changes to commands and also removal of some features. Admintool etc... http://training.sun.com/US/catalog/courses/WS-9000-S10-90.html (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help and coroporation About Open Source Web Conferencing System Backtalk

hi All peopel im loooking for help from someone who could help me to install this Backtalk Open Source Web Conferencing System you can download it from http://www.unixpapa.com/backtalk/ so plz anyone know how install it into my website help me or email me so we cna discuse and corporate... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksar001
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Can't open netscape web-browser

I am working in solaris 9 and i want to work with web-browser(netscape). but when I am openning it,it shows the message -- An error occurred reading the startup configuration file.Please contact ur administrator./.netscape/preferences.js,line 66:unterminated string literal.t,127.0.0.1 please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
3 Replies

5. Programming

g++ fails to link to static library when compilation and link in single command

Hello All, I've encountered a strange behaviour from g++ that doesn't make sense to me. Maybe you can shed some light on it: I have a bunch of source files and want to compile them and link them with a static library liba.a located in /usr/local/lib64 into an executable Approach 1 works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magelord
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Open a webbrowser link from shell script

Hi All I have a task which is manually submitted from a web browser link, by entering a value. This has an xml code as well. I am looking for options to automate the above to avoid manual intervention/dependency. Is there a way I can achieve this using shell script? Either open the link by... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparks
3 Replies
PMC_CONFIGURE_LOGFILE(3)				   BSD Library Functions Manual 				  PMC_CONFIGURE_LOGFILE(3)

NAME
pmc_configure_logfile, pmc_flush_logfile, pmc_writelog, pmc_close_logfile -- log file management LIBRARY
Performance Counters Library (libpmc, -lpmc) SYNOPSIS
#include <pmc.h> int pmc_configure_logfile(int fd); int pmc_flush_logfile(void); int pmc_writelog(uint32_t userdata); int pmc_close_logfile(void); DESCRIPTION
The functions manage logging of hwpmc(4) events. Function pmc_configure_logfile() is used to turn on and turn off logging. If argument fd is a valid file handle returned by a prior call to open(2) or socket(2) then performance events will be logged to the file corresponding to the specified handle. If the value of argument fd is -1 then logging will be stopped after any pending data is flushed. Function pmc_flush_logfile() will force all log data queued inside the hwpmc(4) driver to be written out. Function pmc_writelog() will append a log entry containing the value of argument userdata to the log file. Function pmc_close_logfile() will flush all pending log data and close hwpmc(4)'s side of the stream. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the value 0 is returned; otherwise the value -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
A call to pmc_configure_logfile() may fail with the following errors: [EAGAIN] The hwpmc(4) driver was not able to create a helper process due to system limits being reached. [EBUSY] Function pmc_configure_logfile() was called with a log file already configured. [EINVAL] Function pmc_configure_logfile() was called with an argument of -1 without a log file being previously configured. [ENOMEM] The system encountered a memory shortage when servicing this request. A call to pmc_flush_logfile() may fail with the following errors: [EINVAL] Function pmc_flush_logfile() was called without a log file being previously configured. A call to pmc_writelog() may fail with the following errors: [EINVAL] Function pmc_writelog() was called without a log file being previously configured. [ENOMEM] The system encountered a memory shortage when servicing this request. SEE ALSO
pmc(3), hwpmc(4) BSD
November 24, 2007 BSD