Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: findstr in html page
Top Forums Web Development findstr in html page Post 302298993 by Yogesh Sawant on Thursday 19th of March 2009 02:02:30 AM
Old 03-19-2009
you can use Perl and CGI for this.

in a perl CGI script, run your command / program / function to get the count of connected ports, and show the count in a web page using CGI module. this module might be present in your system already (along with default installation of perl)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Accessing a HTML page

Hi All, In our unix server we have an apache web server running. I can access the default apache web page from my windows machine. Now, I want to create my own webpage. Therefore I created webpage at /export/home/myname/test.html file. Where do I need to place this file and what do I need... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkm_oec
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing a HTML page

Hi All, In our unix server we have an apache web server running. I can access the default apache web page from my windows machine. Now, I want to create my own webpage. Therefore I created webpage at /export/home/myname/test.html file. Where do I need to place this file and what do I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkm_oec
2 Replies

3. Web Development

Login page in html on unix

I want to create a login page in HTML which is hosted on apache server. The login page first authenticate the user and then directed to a form which in turn run a script on the server. I want to make login page without php or jsp. Please advice. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi18s
13 Replies

4. Web Development

How to auto update html page

is there any way to auto update html page. I created html page entry.html, whenever i change in html script i need to refresh my page. If not in html, can we do this in any other language and how? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RohitKJ
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Publishing HTML Page

Hi All, Thanks for reading. I am not sure if I am asking this in the correct group. But here it goes: There is a shell script which does some system checks and creates an html file called system_summary.html on my Red Hat machine say in /reports directory every hour. Now I want to view it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Publishing HTML Page

Hi All, Thanks for reading. I am not sure if I am asking this in the correct group. But here it goes: There is a shell script which does some system checks and creates an html file called system_summary.html on my Red Hat machine say in /reports directory every hour. Now I want to view it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attached HTML page to Email

Greeting all, Not sure anyone tested to send out email with HTML page as attachment from Shell Script ? I know if I use uuencode file.html approach, the mail receive in attachment is empty. So I guess uuencode cannot be use for the html code. Appreciate if anyone can share the code to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
0 Replies

8. Programming

C++: get html page and store it in string

Hello all, I want to write c++ program which will get html page content, put it in std::string variable, and finally print it to stdout. Which tool can I use to get this effect? Is cUrl good solution ? Thank you for your time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new_item
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring an html web page changes

Hello, I need to monitor an html web page for ANY changes and should be able to know if it's modified or not (since last query). I do not need what modifications but just notification is enough. This is a simple web page and I don't need to parse the links any further. Is it possible to do... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing the html page

Hi All, In our unix server we have an apache web server running. Now, I want to create my own webpage. Therefore I created webpage at /export/home/test.html file. Where do I need to place this file and what do I need mention this page in my web browser to access it. Without apache... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arasu
1 Replies
CGI::Emulate::PSGI(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   CGI::Emulate::PSGI(3pm)

NAME
CGI::Emulate::PSGI - PSGI adapter for CGI SYNOPSIS
my $app = CGI::Emulate::PSGI->handler(sub { # Existing CGI code }); DESCRIPTION
This module allows an application designed for the CGI environment to run in a PSGI environment, and thus on any of the backends that PSGI supports. It works by translating the environment provided by the PSGI specification to one expected by the CGI specification. Likewise, it captures output as it would be prepared for the CGI standard, and translates it to the format expected for the PSGI standard using CGI::Parse::PSGI module. CGI.pm If your application uses CGI, be sure to cleanup the global variables in the handler loop yourself, so: my $app = CGI::Emulate::PSGI->handler(sub { use CGI; CGI::initialize_globals(); my $q = CGI->new; # ... }); Otherwise previous request variables will be reused in the new requests. Alternatively, you can install and use CGI::Compile from CPAN and compiles your existing CGI scripts into a sub that is perfectly ready to be converted to PSGI application using this module. my $sub = CGI::Compile->compile("/path/to/script.cgi"); my $app = CGI::Emulate::PSGI->handler($sub); This will take care of assigning an unique namespace for each script etc. See CGI::Compile for details. You can also consider using CGI::PSGI but that would require you to slightly change your code from: my $q = CGI->new; # ... print $q->header, $output; into: use CGI::PSGI; my $app = sub { my $env = shift; my $q = CGI::PSGI->new($env); # ... return [ $q->psgi_header, [ $output ] ]; }; See CGI::PSGI for details. METHODS
handler my $app = CGI::Emulate::PSGI->handler($code); Creates a PSGI application code reference out of CGI code reference. emulate_environment my %env = CGI::Emulate::PSGI->emulate_environment($env); Creates an environment hash out of PSGI environment hash. If your code or framework just needs an environment variable emulation, use this method like: local %ENV = (%ENV, CGI::Emulate::PSGI->emulate_environment($env)); # run your application If you use "handler" method to create a PSGI environment hash, this is automatically called in the created application. AUTHOR
Tokuhiro Matsuno <tokuhirom@cpan.org> Tatsuhiko Miyagawa COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2009-2010 by tokuhirom. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. SEE ALSO
PSGI CGI::Compile CGI::PSGI Plack CGI::Parse::PSGI perl v5.14.2 2012-03-18 CGI::Emulate::PSGI(3pm)