Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: strange rlogin problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers strange rlogin problem Post 302298976 by robertngo on Thursday 19th of March 2009 12:15:24 AM
Old 03-19-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsolaris
check /etc/securetty
putting in rlogin does not solve this problem, other host have only console in /etc/securetty but rlogin is working fine. here is the messages i am getting

rlogin host
Couldn't authenticate to server Bad sendauth version was sent
rlogin: kcmd to host <host> failed.
Bad sendauth version was sent
To bypass Kerberos authentication, use the -P option.
ERROR! Kerberos authentication failed.

rlogin host -P
WARNING! Password will be sent in a non-secure manner.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

strange...problem

Hi.. Some of my application were not running properly due to lack of virtual memory.....so wht i did add one free harddisk as swap file system...and increased the swap memory.. But since than my root file system is showing 100% full thr is no space left...is thr any link between these two..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RLOGIN problem

hi ! i ve a problem with rlogin. i have a server from which only root user can Rlogin other servers. other users can t rlogin, they get the following error : "rcmd2: socket: The file access permissions do not allow the specified action" Does somebody can help ? Thanks, Karine (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karine
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

rlogin problem

On the HP-UX hostA, the command rlogin hostB generates the error "rlogind: Host address mismatch" even though the hostname & IP of hostA are defined in the .rhosts file and the /etc/hosts files of hostB respectively. The IP and the hostname of hostB are defined in the /etc/hosts file of hostA. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijaysharma.vs
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange problem

I am using SunOS 5.9 and I don't know why all my commands are getting executed as if an extra 'enter' has been pressed. What could be the reason and how to correct it? Please help. Asty (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asty
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RLogin problem

I need to establish rlogin between 2 of my servers (and I know, it's not secure, smart, etc. ... it's a temporary requirement that I have to do) I tried all the standards. I'm trying to rlogin from server A to server B On server B, I made a /.rhosts file that contains server A's name On... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem in rlogin

Dear Experts, i want to make one script ,by running that script it should rlogin from one mashine to another and the username and passord should be in the script so that it could not ask from me the username and password of another machine from me . please help me out. Regards, SHARY (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shary
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

rlogin problem

on the system, sometimes the rlogin command can not login the remote node,but ping command can echo the packet. if the inetd domean restarted , rlogin runs normally. We want to know what cause the rlogin failed and how to fix it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange problem.

Well, my script started off to do what i wanted. Now, i think its not recognizing the pattern so its not moving anything. What i have to do is execute my script command for the move to take effect. So i did that and yayy it worked. Strange thing is that my DESTDIR was empty to begin with.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oxoxo
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RSH/rlogin problem

Hello, When I try and RSH/RLOGIN onto a box with user root, I get the prompt but the username/password combination NEVER work. I have the password up properly on the host machine. Does rsh/rlogin not make use of ./etc/passwd and /etc/shadow? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange problem

hello all, i am having problem in accessing a directory.I dont think its a permission issue.can anyone help me out. I am using korn sell code: $ ls -ltr sc* lrwxrwxrwx 1 essbase essbase 21 Oct 8 2010 sc_ssp -> /work/nfs/nas2/sc_ssp $ cd sc_ssp ksh: sc_ssp: not found $ (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manid
6 Replies
RLOGIN(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 RLOGIN(1)

NAME
rlogin -- remote login SYNOPSIS
rlogin [-468DEd] [-e char] [-i localname] [-l username] host DESCRIPTION
The rlogin utility starts a terminal session on a remote host host. The standard Berkeley rhosts authorization mechanism is used. The following options are available: -4 Use IPv4 addresses only. -6 Use IPv6 addresses only. -8 Allow an eight-bit input data path at all times; otherwise parity bits are stripped except when the remote side's stop and start char- acters are other than ^S/^Q. -D Set the TCP_NODELAY socket option which can improve interactive response at the expense of increased network load. -E Stop any character from being recognized as an escape character. When used with the -8 option, this provides a completely transparent connection. -d Turn on socket debugging (see setsockopt(2)) on the TCP sockets used for communication with the remote host. -e Allow user specification of the escape character, which is ``~'' by default. This specification may be as a literal character, or as an octal value in the form nn. -i Allow the caller to specify a different local name to be used for authentication. This option is restricted to processes with uid 0. -l Specify a different username for the remote login. If this option is not specified, your local username will be used. A line of the form ``<escape char>.'' disconnects from the remote host. Similarly, the line ``<escape char>^Z'' will suspend the rlogin ses- sion, and ``<escape char><delayed-suspend char>'' suspends the send portion of the rlogin session, but allows output from the remote system. By default, the tilde (``~'') character is the escape character, and normally control-Y (``^Y'') is the delayed-suspend character. All echoing takes place at the remote site, so that (except for delays) the rlogin is transparent. Flow control via ^S/^Q and flushing of input and output on interrupts are handled properly. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by rlogin: TERM Determines the user's terminal type. FILES
/etc/hosts /etc/hosts.equiv $HOME/.rhosts SEE ALSO
login(1), rsh(1), telnet(1), setsockopt(2), ruserok(3), tty(4), hosts(5), hosts.equiv(5), rlogind(8), rshd(8) HISTORY
The rlogin command appeared in 4.2BSD. IPv6 support was added by WIDE/KAME project. BUGS
The rlogin utility will be replaced by telnet(1) in the near future. More of the environment should be propagated. BSD
September 26, 2003 BSD