Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: kill command issues
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting kill command issues Post 302298847 by kitty123 on Wednesday 18th of March 2009 06:31:11 PM
Old 03-18-2009
kill command issues

xxxxxx

Last edited by kitty123; 03-19-2009 at 12:10 AM.. Reason: added code tags for better reading

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kill command

what is the kill command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rush
1 Replies

2. Programming

the kill command

is it possible to implement the kill command using C? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kelogs1347
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kill Command

Hi All, What is difference between kill & kill -9 command? Thanks & regards, Sonali (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonali
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill a process without using kill command

Sorry, posted the question in other forum. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhamacs
0 Replies

5. Linux

Kill a process without using kill command

I want to Kill a process without using kill command as i don't have privileges to kill the process. I know the pid and i am using Linux 2.6.9 OS. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhamacs
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

understanding the kill command

Hi Guys, I like to know if i have a process which triggers 10 different child processes. How to identify out of the 11 processes running which is the parent process and what are the child process? And if i kill the parent process will the child process be killed.. if not is there a way to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Help with Kill Command

I am running Solaris 9. I have a problem with kill command. I'm sort of teaching myself so this might be a really stupid thing. I logged in as a normal user, lets say ABC, and then did "su" to root. After becoming root, I tried to kill the process started by ABC by saying kill -9 "pid of ABC" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_red_dove
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

kill command

Good way to kill the process, if the process having it's child (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

kill using the ps command

hello, can anyone help me with a script that checks the status of processes and "kills" the process that's hanging? I mean I'm aware of the commands but I'm confused on how to put them all together... thanks! :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dude911
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kill command

what is the difference between kill 5 and kill %5? the first one is to kill a process with PID 5 but what does the % mean in the second one? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinababy
3 Replies
kpasswd(1)							   User Commands							kpasswd(1)

NAME
kpasswd - change a user's Kerberos password SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/kpasswd [principal] DESCRIPTION
The kpasswd command is used to change a Kerberos principal's password. kpasswd prompts for the current Kerberos password, which is used to obtain a changepw ticket from the KDC for the user's Kerberos realm. If kpasswd successfully obtains the changepw ticket, the user is prompted twice for the new password, and the password is changed. If the principal is governed by a policy that specifies the length and/or number of character classes required in the new password, the new password must conform to the policy. (The five character classes are lower case, upper case, numbers, punctuation, and all other charac- ters.) OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: principal Change the password for the Kerberos principal principal. Otherwise, the principal is derived from the identity of the user invoking the kpasswd command. FILES
/tmp/ovsec_adm.xxxxxx Temporary credentials cache for the lifetime of the password changing operation. (xxxxxx is a random string.) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWkrbu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
SEAM(5) BUGS
If kpasswd is suspended, the changepw tickets may not be destroyed. SunOS 5.10 30 Jul 2001 kpasswd(1)