Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Checking a file on a remote windows server Post 302298837 by Keepcase on Wednesday 18th of March 2009 06:04:34 PM
Old 03-18-2009
just an update, seems as though

ssh user@windowsbox command works when I use unix commands (which is awesome!) Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Checking for availability of remote server

Hi. In my KSH script I'm running a command on a remote server. I want to know how I can test to see if the remote server is available (accessible) prior to running the command. Any ideas? My command looks like: `ssh $USER@$TARGET_SERVER_DNS ls -l $REMOTE_FOLDER ` This check should be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dylanmilks
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking for availability of remote server

Hi. In my KSH script I'm running a command on a remote server. I want to know how I can test to see if the remote server is available (accessible) prior to running the command. Any ideas? My command looks like: `ssh $USER@$TARGET_SERVER_DNS ls -l $REMOTE_FOLDER ` This check should be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dylanmilks
4 Replies

3. Linux

Install Linux on remote server from Windows PC

I am very new with servers and have never used Linux. The server I'm looking at is not currently connected to anything, and I wish to install Linux on this server. It doesn't have a monitor (no video card) or keyboard. It does have a DVD. Can I communicate with that server using a Windows PC to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvalenti
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the file in remote server using SFTP

Hello, I would appreciate if any one can help me on this. The below script start running at 12:30AM. Every 5 min, i go and check the remote site. If i see filewatch.txt over there, then i need to call another shell script and load the data into database. If i don't see that file, then i have to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP using script not working (for transfering file from a remote unix server to windows PC.)

hi, Im using the following code for FTP #!/usr/bin/ksh ftp -v -n "10.29.45.11" << cmd user "mahesva" "mahesva123" get rtl.tar quit cmd Below is the log when i run the above code ********************************** Connected to 10.29.45.11. 220 (vsFTPd 2.0.1) 530 Please login with USER... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
20 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking files in remote server and decide to copy file or not

Hi there, I have a problem in my script, I need to check whether file exists in remote server or not, if the file exists, then stop copy else copy the file to the server.. my code is something like this while read $server do if ssh $server "cd $directory_name; if ; then echo "Error:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beezy
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a shell script in remote server from windows batch file

Hi all, i need to run a shell script on remote server. I have created file .bat file in windows server with following code, c:\Users\Desktop\putty.exe -ssh -pw password user@server ./script.sh i need to run the script.sh in my remote server Above command is not working, any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rammm
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking integrity copied from remote server using UNIX command

I am getting a file (abc.txt) using scp from remote server. scp <connect string> -i $HOME/.ssh/id_dsa rem_id@hostname:/var/prod/abc.txt /var/prod/abc.out Before loading I need to check if the file is indeed same , for that I thought of checking the line count but when I used ssh command it was... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
3 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					      SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project