Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Checking a file on a remote windows server Post 302298826 by TonyFullerMalv on Wednesday 18th of March 2009 05:37:09 PM
Old 03-18-2009
Not familiar with behaviour of sshd on Windows but one can run a command on a remote host thus:
$ ssh host command

So you might be able to run "dir" on your Windows machine from your Solaris box like this:
$ ssh windowsmachine dir > resultfile 2>&1

and then grep the resultfile for the directory you are looking for and if you are lucky then you may get the string <DIR> (DOS style dir result) on each line that is a directory also!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Checking for availability of remote server

Hi. In my KSH script I'm running a command on a remote server. I want to know how I can test to see if the remote server is available (accessible) prior to running the command. Any ideas? My command looks like: `ssh $USER@$TARGET_SERVER_DNS ls -l $REMOTE_FOLDER ` This check should be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dylanmilks
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking for availability of remote server

Hi. In my KSH script I'm running a command on a remote server. I want to know how I can test to see if the remote server is available (accessible) prior to running the command. Any ideas? My command looks like: `ssh $USER@$TARGET_SERVER_DNS ls -l $REMOTE_FOLDER ` This check should be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dylanmilks
4 Replies

3. Linux

Install Linux on remote server from Windows PC

I am very new with servers and have never used Linux. The server I'm looking at is not currently connected to anything, and I wish to install Linux on this server. It doesn't have a monitor (no video card) or keyboard. It does have a DVD. Can I communicate with that server using a Windows PC to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvalenti
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the file in remote server using SFTP

Hello, I would appreciate if any one can help me on this. The below script start running at 12:30AM. Every 5 min, i go and check the remote site. If i see filewatch.txt over there, then i need to call another shell script and load the data into database. If i don't see that file, then i have to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP using script not working (for transfering file from a remote unix server to windows PC.)

hi, Im using the following code for FTP #!/usr/bin/ksh ftp -v -n "10.29.45.11" << cmd user "mahesva" "mahesva123" get rtl.tar quit cmd Below is the log when i run the above code ********************************** Connected to 10.29.45.11. 220 (vsFTPd 2.0.1) 530 Please login with USER... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
20 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking files in remote server and decide to copy file or not

Hi there, I have a problem in my script, I need to check whether file exists in remote server or not, if the file exists, then stop copy else copy the file to the server.. my code is something like this while read $server do if ssh $server "cd $directory_name; if ; then echo "Error:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beezy
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a shell script in remote server from windows batch file

Hi all, i need to run a shell script on remote server. I have created file .bat file in windows server with following code, c:\Users\Desktop\putty.exe -ssh -pw password user@server ./script.sh i need to run the script.sh in my remote server Above command is not working, any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rammm
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking integrity copied from remote server using UNIX command

I am getting a file (abc.txt) using scp from remote server. scp <connect string> -i $HOME/.ssh/id_dsa rem_id@hostname:/var/prod/abc.txt /var/prod/abc.out Before loading I need to check if the file is indeed same , for that I thought of checking the line count but when I used ssh command it was... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
3 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine and append the indicated identity file to that machine's ~/.ssh/autho- rized_keys file. If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary.) NOTES
This program does not modify the permissions of any pre-existing files or directories. Therefore, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration, then the user's home, ~/.ssh folder, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file may need to have group writability disabled manu- ally, e.g. via chmod go-w ~ ~/.ssh ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine. SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)