Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Connecting Two Unix Computers To Share Files Post 302298762 by vbe on Wednesday 18th of March 2009 01:22:46 PM
Old 03-18-2009
Ok, lets forget connections, for now then...
1)You can from a PC, ping both unix box
2) You can ping from box 1 box2 and PC (with what account?)
3) You can ping from box2 box1 and PC (with what account?)
Is that correct?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is Unix a Network operating system for Macintosh computers

I am in the process of reading up on and learning about linux,and as i read, i am seeing that it was built off of the unix system platform,and i also believe that it is used in the mac computer field,i would like to know if this is true, and if i should learn about the macintosh computer... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bill1263
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing files on unix share from xp?

Sorry if the is in the wrong section, but would like to know if anyone can help with the following I am on a network using Windows XP and am having problems viewing/manipulating files on one of the shared drives, which happens to be a snap server. I have no other problems with any of the other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MrB
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Unix Sco Open Server, Windows Computers Problem Access Unix Shared Files Help!!!!!

Hello Moto I hope someone can help We's here at work, have a unix box with sco openserver 5 on it, so it has a nice gui interface.. and also a fair few windows computers.. a system admin guy b4 me, has set up a user called neil, which can, when u try to access the unix box using windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggo
2 Replies

4. Linux

chown files/directories for multiple computers

I have a flash drive this I store files on, but I need the whole drive to be password protected. I was thinking of making the drive root permissions, but I'm not sure if that will need the root password of the computer from which I transfered the files from or the root password of the computer I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Texasone
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with connecting 3 or 4 computers to one stereo unit

Nowadays I run Mandriva, Ubuntu and Fedora Core. All of the operating systems works fine on my computers. GRUB gives me the opportunity to select an operating system. I have Windows too. I don't run Windows. I like UNIX. Today I work with 3 computers with a single monitor. This is possible... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Angelo
4 Replies

6. Solaris

SAMBA is connecting to the share somehow as root

I'm running Solaris 10 with Samba server. The client is a Windows XP desktop. I have set this up for various other servers and this is the first time that I'm seeing the problem. I have a prod & test solaris samba server configured exactly the same and the share is encrypted by Vormetric. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: woot14
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help creating a launcher for connecting 2 computers

CentOS 5.3 I have been tasked with a project of simplifying our media process for new staff and I need some help with ideas on how to achieve this. I am not a Linux expert and have only been using it for 12 months so appreciate the help. Stage 1 Currently we are couriered once a month a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: clistyles
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving UNIX files from share

Hello, We have a Unix SunOS Server that runs an Oracle 11.2.0.3 database, it is linked up to a network storage where backups go every night. I've created a data pump backup (.dmp) file and want to move it from the network store to windows server to import the data. When i try to move the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbajtr
2 Replies
AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping(3pm)

NAME
AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping - Implementation of XMPP Ping XEP-0199 SYNOPSIS
use AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping; my $con = AnyEvent::XMPP::IM::Connection->new (...); $con->add_extension (my $ping = AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping->new); # this enables auto-timeout of a connection if it didn't answer # within 120 seconds to a ping with a reply $ping->enable_timeout ($con, 120); my $cl = AnyEvent::XMPP::Client->new (...); $cl->add_extension (my $ping = AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping->new); # this enables auto-timeout of newly created connections $ping->auto_timeout(120); $ping->ping ($con, 'ping_dest@server.tld', sub { my ($time, $error) = @_; if ($error) { # we got an error } # $time is a float (seconds) of the rtt if you got Time::HiRes }); DESCRIPTION
This extension implements XEP-0199: XMPP Ping. It allows you to define a automatic ping timeouter that will disconnect dead connections (which didn't reply to a ping after N seconds). See also the documentation of the "enable_timeout" method below. It also allows you to send pings to any XMPP entity you like and will measure the time it took if you got Time::HiRes. METHODS
new (%args) Creates a new ping handle. auto_timeout ($timeout) This method enables automatic connection timeout of new connections. It calls "enable_timeout" (see below) for every new connection that was connected and emitted a "stream_ready" event. This is useful if you want connections that have this extension automatically timeouted. In particular this is useful with modules like AnyEvent::XMPP::Client (see also SYNOPSIS above). enable_timeout ($con, $timeout) This enables a periodical ping on the connection $con. $timeout must be the seconds that the ping intervals last. If the server which is connected via $con didn't respond within $timeout seconds the connection $con will be disconnected. Please note that there already is a basic timeout mechanism for dead TCP connections in AnyEvent::XMPP::Connection, see also the "whitespace_ping_interval" configuration variable for a connection there. It then will depend on TCP timeouts to disconnect the connection. Use "enable_timeout" and "auto_timeout" only if you really feel like you need an explicit timeout for your connections. ping ($con, $dest, $cb, $timeout) This method sends a ping request to $dest via the AnyEvent::XMPP::Connection in $con. If $dest is undefined the ping will be sent to the connected server. $cb will be called when either the ping timeouts, an error occurs or the ping result was received. $timeout is an optional timeout for the ping request, if $timeout is not given the default IQ timeout for the connection is the relevant timeout. The first argument to $cb will be the seconds of the round trip time for that request (If you have Time::HiRes). If you don't have Time::HiRes installed the first argument will be undef. The second argument to $cb will be either undef if no error occured or a AnyEvent::XMPP::Error::IQ error object. ignore_pings ($bool) This method is mostly for testing, it tells this extension to ignore all ping requests and will prevent any response from being sent. AUTHOR
Robin Redeker, "<elmex at ta-sa.org>", JID: "<elmex at jabber.org>" COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2007, 2008 Robin Redeker, all rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-23 AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping(3pm)