Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error in Unix Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error in Unix Script Post 302298731 by angad.makkar on Wednesday 18th of March 2009 12:02:44 PM
Old 03-18-2009
MySQL This works....

Hi Joyeg....

Just try this out:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

declare -a name_arr
declare -a size_arr

i=0 
for files in `ls`
do
   name=`ls -l $files | awk '{print $3}'`
   size=`ls -l $files | awk '{print $5}'`

if [ $i -eq 0 ]
   then
      name_arr[$i]=`echo $name`
      size_arr[$i]=`echo $size`
      i=`expr $i + 1`
   else
      j=0
      while [ $j -lt $i ]
      do
         if [ "${name_arr[$j]}" = "$name" ]
         then
	    size_arr[$j]=`expr ${size_arr[$j]} + $size`
	    break
         else
	    name_arr[$i]=`echo $name`
	    size_arr[$i]=`echo $size`
	    i=`expr $i + 1`
         fi
         j=`expr $j + 1`
      done
   fi
done

j=0
while [ $j -lt $i ]
do
	echo "${name_arr[$j]} : ${size_arr[$j]}"
	j=`expr $j + 1`
done

Lemme know incase of any problem

Also, for your declare error, try to run your script in bash shell.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while trying to fire a PL/SQL thro Unix Script

hi , I tried running a PL/SQL script through unix shell script. But am getting the following error. "Message file sp1<lang>.msb not found Error 6 initializing SQL*Plus " Kindly suggest. Regards, Samit (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dharmesht
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

forcefully throwing error : unix script

how can i make one script fail if some condition is not satisfied.i m writing if ..else logic in script.i need some standard command to do that ,, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dr46014
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax Error in Unix Shell Script

I am trying to run a unix script in my home directory.Snippet below echo "`date '+%Y%m%d_%H%M%S'` Getting ProductList.dat" if ( -f $DIR/ProductList.dat) then cp $DIR/ProductList.dat MigratedProductList.dat else echo "`date '+%Y%m%d_%H%M%S'`ProductList.dat does not exist; Processing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mary James
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Error in Script

When i run a script in linux. It shows the following error. 'icsftpagent.sh: line 114: syntax error near unexpected token ` 'icsftpagent.sh: line 114: `Nicsftp() My Script is as follows: #!/bin/bash #### Copyright Notice: #### #### Copyright (c) 2007 Network Intelligence Corporation ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sourabh.chhabra
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in UNIX script

When i run a script in linux. It shows the following error. 'icsftpagent.sh: line 114: syntax error near unexpected token `'icsftpagent.sh: line 114: `Nicsftp() The script is as follows. #!/bin/bash #### Copyright Notice: #### #### Copyright (c) 2007 Network Intelligence Corporation ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sourabh.chhabra
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX shell script error: not found

Hello All, I'm working on one Unix shell sript that will actually extract a column data from Oracle table using sqlplus and writes onto a file. I'm getting this error when executing the shell script: rpt.ksh: ^JScott: not found Below is the code in the shell script: `sqlplus -s... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkat_reddy
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Isql syntax error in UNIX script

Hello Everyone, Coming again for your help to solve the below error: In a script, i had created a temp table (Temp_table) and loaded the data in it using bcp command (performed successfully) and I wanted to move it to the preferred table (called Main_table) for further use. hence I have added... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Suresh
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Isql and If Exist syntax error in UNIX script

Hello Everyone, Coming again for your help to solve the below error: In a script, i had created a temp table (Temp_table) and loaded the data in it using bcp command (performed successfully) and I wanted to move it to the preferred table (called Main_table) for further use. hence I have added... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suresh
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script error message

Greeting!! I wrote the below script to e-mail me only file names in a specific directory when a file is delayed for some time in a that directory. I am getting unexpected eof error message. I don't want any email if the folder is blank.(if the condition is not met) I am not getting the email at... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hope
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script error message

I have this UNIX script code with a query to export sql table in Oracle and export to csv file. The code gets the data correctly. However, when I run the script second time, I got the error message "not spooling currently" and shows the older data in csv file. When I delete the csv file and run... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hope
5 Replies
TEST(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   TEST(1)

NAME
test - set status according to condition SYNOPSIS
test expr DESCRIPTION
Test evaluates the expression expr. If the value is true the exit status is null; otherwise the exit status is non-null. If there are no arguments the exit status is non-null. The following primitives are used to construct expr. -r file True if the file exists (is accessible) and is readable. -w file True if the file exists and is writable. -x file True if the file exists and has execute permission. -e file True if the file exists. -f file True if the file exists and is a plain file. -d file True if the file exists and is a directory. -s file True if the file exists and has a size greater than zero. -t fildes True if the open file whose file descriptor number is fildes (1 by default) is the same file as /dev/cons. -A file True if the file exists and is append-only. -L file True if the file exists and is exclusive-use. -Tfile True if the file exists and is temporary. s1 = s2 True if the strings s1 and s2 are identical. s1 != s2 True if the strings s1 and s2 are not identical. s1 True if s1 is not the null string. (Deprecated.) -n s1 True if the length of string s1 is non-zero. -z s1 True if the length of string s1 is zero. n1 -eq n2 True if the integers n1 and n2 are arithmetically equal. Any of the comparisons -ne, -gt, -ge, -lt, or -le may be used in place of -eq. The (nonstandard) construct -l string, meaning the length of string, may be used in place of an integer. a -nt b True if file a is newer than (modified after) file b. a -ot b True if file a is older than (modified before) file b. f -older t True if file f is older than (modified before) time t. If t is a integer followed by the letters y(years), M(months), d(days), h(hours), m(minutes), or s(seconds), it represents current time minus the specified time. If there is no letter, it represents seconds since epoch. You can also concatenate mixed units. For example, 3d12h means three days and twelve hours ago. These primaries may be combined with the following operators: ! unary negation operator -o binary or operator -a binary and operator; higher precedence than -o ( expr ) parentheses for grouping. The primitives -b, -u, -g, and -s return false; they are recognized for compatibility with POSIX. Notice that all the operators and flags are separate arguments to test. Notice also that parentheses and equal signs are meaningful to rc and must be enclosed in quotes. EXAMPLES
Test is a dubious way to check for specific character strings: it uses a process to do what an rc(1) match or switch statement can do. The first example is not only inefficient but wrong, because test understands the purported string "-c" as an option. if (test $1 '=' "-c") echo OK # wrong! A better way is if (~ $1 -c) echo OK Test whether is in the current directory. test -f abc -o -d abc SOURCE
/src/cmd/test.c SEE ALSO
rc(1) TEST(1)