Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ping is blocked hwo to check connection Post 302298672 by amitranjansahu on Wednesday 18th of March 2009 09:28:22 AM
Old 03-18-2009
how about traceroute

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

hwo do I print ' in an awk statment?

hi 2 all, I'm trying 2 print " ' " in an awk statement but the sign deosn't show. The only way I came with is 2 declare the ' as a variable and call that variable. I'm trying 2 do: awk '{printf("insert into ba_memo_01 values ('%s');",$1)}' and get the output: insert into ba_memo_01 values... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: baraka
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Check SSH Connection .. help ..

I've script where i check connection to many hosts ... it take input from HOSTLIST.txt Ex. cat HOSTLIST.txt host1 host2 while read HOSTNAME do echo $HOSTNAME ssh -o "BatchMode=yes" ${HOSTNAME} "echo 2>&1" $$ echo flag=0 || flag=1; if ; then echo "No SSH... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash184u
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check Internet connection?

I am using SUSE OS and want to check internet connection... I have tried: ping -c3 google.com The output i have got is: Unknown host google.com does it means that i do not have Internet connection?? Or please help me with any Command to find Internet connection? Thanks for any help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salil2012
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[ASK] How to check whether ipv4 or ipv6 and ping those IP

I have perl script that I use to check and ping a list of ip, The problem is, I didnt understand how to ping ipv6 on perl, Could I use Ping::External??And how could I get the ping result (reply or not)? This is my code #!/usr/bin/perl -- use Net::Ping; use Data::Validate::IP; use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: franzramadhan
3 Replies

5. Programming

TCP connection check

Hi. I am writing client - server application using TCP sockets. I need some very basic functionality, namely: how to check if another "participant" of the connection is still present? I want to handle situations, when client is gone, or server breaks down, etc. (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shang
25 Replies

6. Solaris

PING broken check

Dear All, Required a script which will check the PING response from my source file(tmp/PingStatus.txt) containing the hostnames. If ping response is not responding(i.e when hostname is not alive) then this cmd to be executed : opcmsg object=PING a=OS msg_grp=win-ping severity=critical... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjoshi87
20 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check sftp connection

Hi All, in our system , the sftp server is continuously up. but suddenly it is brought down. how can i find out the reason behind of these , is their any log files or how can i check the connectvity with sftp. please help me to solve this issue (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

check the DB connection through Unix

Hi all, I have written the script to check the connectivity of the Database ,the scripts show me the correct error when i try to give the wrong credential's but it also show Connected and trigger's the child jobs which that should not happen , whenever the connection is not established properly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bshivali
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Is connection possible without ping request

I have a question which is conceptual in nature, is it possible to receive traffic from a remote host to my host machine even if the ping from host to remote machine is not happening in Linux( Red Hat). I hope my question is clear that is it possible for a connection to happen from a host to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RHCE
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check internet connection?

Hello, I need a simple shell script that returns a value if the system is internet connected and a different value if the system is not connected. Can anyone please help? Thanks Daniele (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcaccount
3 Replies
TRACEROUTE(1)							   User Commands						     TRACEROUTE(1)

NAME
traceroute - Trace the route to a host SYNOPSIS
traceroute [OPTION...] HOST DESCRIPTION
Print the route packets trace to network host. -M, --type=METHOD use METHOD (`icmp' or `udp') for traceroute operations -p, --port=PORT use destination PORT port (default: 33434) -q, --tries=NUM send NUM probe packets per hop (default: 3) --resolve-hostnames resolve hostnames -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. AUTHOR
Written by Elian Gidoni. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-inetutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for traceroute is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and traceroute programs are properly installed at your site, the command info traceroute should give you access to the complete manual. GNU inetutils 1.9 December 2011 TRACEROUTE(1)