Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sort command help needed.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sort command help needed. Post 302298580 by uniesh on Wednesday 18th of March 2009 03:22:11 AM
Old 03-18-2009
sort -k3,3 -k7,7r input.file --- this gives

s03 laala 5 55 65 75 195
s02 tutu 6 85 90 90 265
s04 butterkhor 6 70 70 70 210
s01 lula 6 75 65 55 195

Is this sorted???

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort - Help Needed

Hi, I am facing a small problem while I am doing the sort. Problem Definition: I have a file which has the following data. >cat test.dat zxzxc asdasd qwaxcZa qwaxcA When I do a sort on this file. the result set is asdasd qwaxcA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andysundar
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help needed with sort. pipe and popen()

Suppose I want to find the number of uniq lines in a file. I use the following command: sort file1 | uniq -c | wc -l But if for some reason sort fails, the above command returns 0 as the answer. Why would sort fail ? sort makes use of directories /tmp or /var/tmp to store temporary files.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to sort file

I have a text file comprising of 3 columns 1. First column - numeric count/frequency of error codes 2. Second column - alphanumeric hyphenated error code 3. Third column - Error code description (alphanumeric) 184 ABCD-954 Errorcodedescription1 35645 DFMS-323 Errorcodedescription2 43534 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inditopgun
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed to sort multiple columns in one file

Hi, I would like to know given that I have 3 columns. Let say I have first 3 columns to do operation and these operation output is printed out each line by line using AWK and associative array.Currently in the output file, I do a sort by -r for the operation output. The problem comes to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with Sort and uniq data

Hi All, After Sorting directories and files i have got following output as below, now i only want the strings common in them, so the actual output should be as below in the bottom. How do i do that? Thanks -adsi File to be modified:- Common Components for ----> AA... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to sort data

Hello All, Today i have been asking lots of question, hope to become good in scripting soon with all the wonderful advices i get. The question is i want to sort data a get uniq string from it. The code i am using to generate the output is:- check_sun() { for i in $SUN_PLATFORM do $ECHO... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Sort Floating Numbers Using the Sort Command?

Hi to all. I'm trying to sort this with the Unix command sort. user1:12345678:3.5:2.5:8:1:2:3 user2:12345679:4.5:3.5:8:1:3:2 user3:12345687:5.5:2.5:6:1:3:2 user4:12345670:5.5:2.5:5:3:2:1 user5:12345671:2.5:5.5:7:2:3:1 I need to get this: user3:12345687:5.5:2.5:6:1:3:2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: daniel.gbaena
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it Possible to sort a list of hexadecimal numbers using "sort" command?

Hello Everybody :) !!!. i have question in mind, is it possible to sort a list of hexadecimal numbers using "sort" command? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kesavan
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort command help needed

I have a file with three fields of data for example say we have 1420 $12.56 45 3456 $15.89 14 2341 $25.87 32 I need to use a command to show who is getting paid the highest amount to standard output. I am not sure if I should use a sort command or a copy and paste... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drew211
1 Replies
Bio::SearchIO::wise(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Bio::SearchIO::wise(3pm)

NAME
Bio::SearchIO::wise - Parsing of wise output as alignments SYNOPSIS
use Bio::SearchIO; my $parser = Bio::SearchIO->new(-file => 'file.genewise', -format => 'wise', -wisetype=> 'genewise'); while( my $result = $parser->next_result ) {} DESCRIPTION
This object parsers Wise output using Bio::Tools::Genewise or Bio::Tools::Genomewise as a helper. FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to the Bioperl mailing list. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track of the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Jason Stajich Email jason-at-bioperl-dot-org APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ new Title : new Usage : my $obj = Bio::SearchIO::wise->new(); Function: Builds a new Bio::SearchIO::wise object Returns : an instance of Bio::SearchIO::wise Args : -wise => a Bio::Tools::Genewise or Bio::Tools::Genomewise object next_result Title : next_result Usage : my $hit = $searchio->next_result; Function: Returns the next Result from a search Returns : Bio::Search::Result::ResultI object Args : none start_element Title : start_element Usage : $eventgenerator->start_element Function: Handles a start element event Returns : none Args : hashref with at least 2 keys 'Data' and 'Name' end_element Title : start_element Usage : $eventgenerator->end_element Function: Handles an end element event Returns : none Args : hashref with at least 2 keys 'Data' and 'Name' element Title : element Usage : $eventhandler->element({'Name' => $name, 'Data' => $str}); Function: Convience method that calls start_element, characters, end_element Returns : none Args : Hash ref with the keys 'Name' and 'Data' characters Title : characters Usage : $eventgenerator->characters($str) Function: Send a character events Returns : none Args : string within_element Title : within_element Usage : if( $eventgenerator->within_element($element) ) {} Function: Test if we are within a particular element This is different than 'in' because within can be tested for a whole block. Returns : boolean Args : string element name in_element Title : in_element Usage : if( $eventgenerator->in_element($element) ) {} Function: Test if we are in a particular element This is different than 'in' because within can be tested for a whole block. Returns : boolean Args : string element name start_document Title : start_document Usage : $eventgenerator->start_document Function: Handle a start document event Returns : none Args : none end_document Title : end_document Usage : $eventgenerator->end_document Function: Handles an end document event Returns : Bio::Search::Result::ResultI object Args : none wise Title : wise Usage : $obj->wise($newval) Function: Get/Set the Wise object parser Returns : value of wise (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) wisetype Title : wisetype Usage : $obj->wisetype($newval) Function: Wise program type Returns : value of wisetype (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::SearchIO::wise(3pm)