Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Assistance needed with perl script Post 302298464 by curleb on Tuesday 17th of March 2009 02:46:31 PM
Old 03-17-2009
you need a perl script to do this? :

Code:
grep -v 'STATUS_ID: 10 ' ${file:-"/home/jhenson/log_fantastic"}

Or is there more to it...?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS mount assistance needed...

Hello all - I've searched this forum, but was unable to find out the info I need. I'm trying to mount (nfs mount) a directory on another box from my Linux machine. The mount point resides on a Tru64 digital unix machine. The machine trying to do the mount is a Linux machine (redhat 8.0). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heron
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assistance needed.

the command "nawk" returns the error command cannot be found in my unix system. Is there a specific library i need to have to use this command? I tried, the whereis command and it returns nothing. if there is nothing to do, what command can i use to replace this nawk command? Appreciate some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 12yearold
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script assistance; paste word into external command

I'm attempting to create a Perl script that will: Take the contents of the usernames.tmp file (usernames.tmp is created from an awk one-liner ran against /etc/passwd) Take one line at a time and pass it to the su command as a users name. This should go on until there is no more name to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bru
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Yellow Book assistance needed

Has anyone worked with yellow book in a unix/linux environment? If so, could you provide me with more answers around this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FL1
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Assistance Needed With Find/Replace in Vi

Hello All I have always had a question about find and replace in Vi. As this uses Vi, sed, and RegEx I never knew how or where to post the question but I thought I would give it a shot here. Say I have a text file filled with the following: Sue, your IP address is 192.168.1.10 which is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NoSalt
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script assistance needed - create an archive of INI files

First and foremost - me != unix bubba. Here is the situation. We have a box with data AND settings in the same directory path. (Data files aren't in the SAME directories as settings.) I need a script that generates a tarred-up archive of only the INI files with the directory structure. We... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hindesite
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

assistance needed to add 2 other routines to my script

Hello guys, In my script, I need to add two other routines where I Manipulate the files with a 'x' The routine looks at CLI named qip-getobjectprof that references a input file named hosts_list.txt Then I use the CLI named qip-setobject to set the orignal name with an 'x'and move the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistance needed for pattern matching

Hi, Below are input files:- File1:- 1: ### CREATE TABLE ## 2: SOMETHING ELSE 1 3: ### CREATE TABLE ## 4: ### CREATE <spaces> 5: TABLE ### 6:SOMETHING ELSE 2 7: ## CREATE 8: <spaces> TABLE ### 9: SOMETHING ELSE 3 File2:- Similar Format... Desired 1 Output File:- (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishal
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistance on complicated perl script

As a followup to my previous thread, I'm trying to make a complicated perl script that involves storing information from a text file into a hash, and giving the user the ability to change the information present/write the information currently inside the hash to a new file. This is the code I've... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eric1
8 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)