Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extract date from log file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract date from log file Post 302298434 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 17th of March 2009 01:15:01 PM
Old 03-17-2009
Code:
echo '198.133.219.248 - - [11/Mar/2009:01:00:00 -0700] "GET /jp/index.shtml HTTP/1.1" 200 24255' | sed 's#[^[]*[[]\([^]][^]]*\).*#\1#'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Date from file

I am new to unix scripting. we are using bash. My task is I have dir which contains 30 files. The first column in each file is Date field. For all the files I need to extract the date part Ex(2007-09-05) from the file and add that at the end of that file. for example: The file names are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: magi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract date with time from file

Hi, I have a file where there is a date and time field, the format for it is yyyy-mm-dd hours:mins:sec the position of date field may vary anywhere in the line and it might be different and it is specified along with the variable AppTimeStamp how do i extract date and time both from the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash_b
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from log file from or after the specific date

Hi , I am having a script which will start a process and appends the process related logs to a log file. The log file writes logs with every line starting with date in the format of: date +"%Y %b %d %H:%M:%S". So, in the script, before I start the process, I am storing the date as DATE=`date +"%Y... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract info from log file and compute using time date stamp

Looking for a shell script or a simple perl script . I am new to scripting and not very good at it . I have 2 directories . One of them holds a text file with list of files in it and the second one is a daily log which shows the file completion time. I need to co-relate both and make a report. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: breez_drew
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract log data based on date

Hi Gurus, I've been having some problem in extracting the log data based on the current date and month. As shown in the sample data below, how to extract the log info for Aug 11? Sample data: root pts/ta userpc Wed Aug 11 09:46 - 20:21 (10:35) root pts/ta userpc... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract log data based on current date and month ?

Hi Gurus, I'm using HP-UX B.11.23 operating system. I've been trying to extract this log info based on the current date and month, but was having some issues as the date column which on the 4th column has a comma and the 5th column has a dot tied to it. Here is the output from my shut... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete log files content older than 30 days and append the lastest date log file date

To delete log files content older than 30 days and append the lastest date log file date in the respective logs I want to write a shell script that deletes all log files content older than 30 days and append the lastest log file date in the respective logs This is my script cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreekumarhari
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract date ranged data from log file

Hi, I am trying to extract lines of data within a log file on a Redhat 5 Linux system. eg I need all the lines with a particular username over the last 3 minutes. the log file may read like this, and I want a way to search all the lines extracting all the relevant lines over the last 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mantis100
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to extract date from a file?

Hello Gurus, I have one file from which I want to extract only dates. The below is the file format : ========================= Process ID 16842770 Log Read Checkpoint Oracle Integrated Redo Logs 2014-07-04 17:06:11 <=== SCN 1779.852353022 (7641599172606) Process ID ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX UNIX - script on how to extract from log file with previous date

Hello, I am new to this forum so any assistance would help. I am currently trying to develop a script that extract all data from a log file with has the previous day's date. $ <root@aixtest3> /var/log > more sudo.log May 13 10:52:10 aixtest3 local2:notice sudo: tbrath : TTY=unknown ; ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kslew82
14 Replies
xfs_logprint(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   xfs_logprint(8)

NAME
xfs_logprint - print the log of an XFS filesystem SYNOPSIS
xfs_logprint [ options ] device DESCRIPTION
xfs_logprint prints the log of an XFS filesystem (see xfs(5)). The device argument is the pathname of the partition or logical volume con- taining the filesystem. The device can be a regular file if the -f option is used. The contents of the filesystem remain undisturbed. There are two major modes of operation in xfs_logprint. One mode is better for filesystem operation debugging. It is called the transactional view and is enabled through the -t option. The transactional view prints only the portion of the log that pertains to recovery. In other words, it prints out complete transactions between the tail and the head. This view tries to display each transaction without regard to how they are split across log records. The second mode starts printing out information from the beginning of the log. Some error blocks might print out in the beginning because the last log record usually overlaps the oldest log record. A message is printed when the physical end of the log is reached and when the logical end of the log is reached. A log record view is displayed one record at a time. Transactions that span log records may not be decoded fully. OPTIONS
-b Extract and print buffer information. Only used in transactional view. -c Attempt to continue when an error is detected. -C filename Copy the log from the filesystem to the file filename. The log itself is not printed. -d Dump the log from front to end, printing where each log record is located on disk. -D Do not decode anything; just print data. -e Exit when an error is found in the log. Normally, xfs_logprint tries to continue and unwind from bad logs. However, sometimes it just dies in bad ways. Using this option prevents core dumps. -f Specifies that the filesystem image to be processed is stored in a regular file at device (see the mkfs.xfs(8) -d file option). This might happen if an image copy of a filesystem has been made into an ordinary file with xfs_copy(8). -l logdev External log device. Only for those filesystems which use an external log. -i Extract and print inode information. Only used in transactional view. -q Extract and print quota information. Only used in transactional view. -n Do not try and interpret log data; just interpret log header information. -o Also print buffer data in hex. Normally, buffer data is just decoded, so better information can be printed. -s start-block Override any notion of where to start printing. -t Print out the transactional view. SEE ALSO
mkfs.xfs(8), mount(8). xfs_logprint(8)