Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed pattern matching or passing variables Post 302298371 by sky_rivers on Tuesday 17th of March 2009 10:56:54 AM
Old 03-17-2009
I tried
Code:
's!\(<meta.*\).$!\1 />!'

with find like this
Code:
find . -name "*.html" -print0 | xargs -0 sed -i 's!\(<meta.*\).$!\1 />!'

It works,but the result contains two ">" like this...
HTML Code:
<meta name="keywords" content="keyword1, keyword2"> />
i could run another sed to replace "> />", but if it is a easy improvement in the find section above?

I played with JCastro's example, but could not get it to work with find piped to sed

I am close and have enough to play further, but any further assistance would be great.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variables to sed

Hi folks, I'm looking for a solution to pass variables to a sed-command. I'm reading a lot of threats and also the q&a "How can I use a variable in sed?". None of these commands works. I'm using AIX 5.2. I want to do the following: NUMBER=` echo 38341` | sed -n '/$NUMBER/p' an obtained... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jfisch
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variables to sed inside script

I am trying to pass a regular expression variable from a simple script to sed to remove entries from a text file e.g. a='aaaa bbbb cccc ...|...:' then executing sed from the script sed s'/"'$a"'//g <$FILE > $FILE"_"1 my output file is always the same as the input file !! any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel234
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variables to sed function in a script ....

Hello , I have a script named testscript.sh wherein I have two variables $var and $final (both of which contain a number) I have a sed write function inside this script as follows: sed '1,2 w somefile.txt' fromfile.txt Now , in the above i want to pass $var and $final instead of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shweta_d
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variables to sed

Hi Folks, How can I make the following to work from a korn shell? old="OLDSTRING" new="NEWSTRING" file="myfile.txt" sed -n 's/$old/$new/gp' $file Thanks in advance rogers42 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogers42
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - matching pattern one but not pattern two

All, I have the following file: -------------------------------------- # # /etc/pam.d/common-password - password-related modules common to all services # # This file is included from other service-specific PAM config files, # and should contain a list of modules that define the services... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobertBerrie
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variables to sed in ksh

Hi, i need help passing variables to sed using ksh. My goal is to get particular data from log files. first i put a mark to the log files. echo "TEST_"`date + %m_%d_%Y_%T"` >markFile this will produce a 'markFile' which contain text like this TEST_06_01_2009_21:55:09 then i put the mark... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d.anggrianto
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed pattern matching

Unfortunately this chap has been banned for some reason and I was looking forward to the resolution of his question: - https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/123118-append-position-28-33-a.html He was asking if you can use sed to match a pattern you want to replace within a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with passing multiple variables into SED

Hello I am hoping you can help. I use ksh in Solaris9 I am trying to pass user imputed variables into SED but for some reason can only get SED to recognize one variable. I have experimented with te below command with putting ' ' and " " in different places but I cant seem to get it to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lostincashe
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: printing lines AFTER pattern matching EXCLUDING the line containing the pattern

'Hi I'm using the following code to extract the lines(and redirect them to a txt file) after the pattern match. But the output is inclusive of the line with pattern match. Which option is to be used to exclude the line containing the pattern? sed -n '/Conn.*User/,$p' > consumers.txt (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: essem
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variables to a sed function

Hi everyone, I've re-written some of our scripts to use more functions and I've run into a situation where passing a variable to a sed function does not work. My function is a one-liner sed command as follows: function StringSub() { sed -i "${1}/${2}/${3}/${4}" ${5} } Where ${1} through... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: richardsantink
4 Replies
WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Callback(3pm)	User Contributed Perl Documentation	  WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Callback(3pm)

NAME
WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Callback - Call Perl code to fill out a HTML form field SYNOPSIS
use WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller; use WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Callback; my $f = WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller->new(); # Create a default value for the HTML field "login" # This will put the current login name into the login field sub find_login { getlogin || getpwuid($<) || "Kilroy"; }; my $login = WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Callback->new( login => &find_login ); $f->add_value( login => $login ); # Alternatively take the following shorthand, which adds the # field to the list as well : # "If there is no password, put a nice number there my $password = $f->add_filler( password => Callback => sub { int rand(90) + 10 } ); DESCRIPTION
This class provides a way to write a value returned by Perl code into a HTML field. new NAME, CODE Creates a new value which will correspond to the HTML field "NAME". The "CODE" is a code reference that will return the value to be written into the HTML field. The code reference will be called with two parameters, the object and the HTML::Form::Input object. name [NEWNAME] Gets and sets the name of the HTML field this value corresponds to. value FIELD Returns the value to put into the HTML field. EXPORT None by default. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. Copyright (C) 2002,2003 Max Maischein AUTHOR
Max Maischein, <corion@cpan.org> Please contact me if you find bugs or otherwise improve the module. More tests are also very welcome ! SEE ALSO
WWW::Mechanize, WWW::Mechanize::Shell, WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller, WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Value, WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Default, WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Random, WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Interactive perl v5.10.1 2009-04-24 WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Callback(3pm)