Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris delete NISdmain using dhtadm? Post 302298296 by Juha on Tuesday 17th of March 2009 07:29:10 AM
Old 03-17-2009
delete NISdmain using dhtadm?

Hi,

Does anyone know how could I delete the NISdmain and NISservs from the DHCP configuration table using dhtadm.. or other commandline way. I was not supposed to configure it and I want to remove it now... I also would need to modify the host1 macro to have different DNSdmain.

I haven't been able to figure out the correct syntax to achieve this...

Code:
>> dhtadm -P
Name                    Type            Value
==================================================
name1             Macro           :Subnet=255.255.224.0:RDiscvyF=1:Broadcst=192.168.255.255:NISdmain="nis.domain":NISservs=192.168.1.11:
name2             Macro           :Subnet=255.255.224.0:RDiscvyF=1:Broadcst=192.168.255.255:NISdmain="nis.domain":NISservs=192.168.1.11:
192.168.1.0      Macro           :Subnet=255.255.224.0:RDiscvyF=1:Broadcst=192.168.255.255:NISdmain="nis.domain":NISservs=192.168.1.11:
host1              Macro           :Include=Locale:Timeserv=192.168.1.10:LeaseTim=86400:LeaseNeg:DNSdmain="nis.domain":DNSserv=192.168.2.0 192.168.1.0:
Locale              Macro           :UTCoffst=19800:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete content in a file (delete content only)

Hi Friends I have a file called processLog.txt file processLog.txt --------------- echo "line starts "$LINE suppCode=${LINE:0:3} #gatewayArchive=`scp root@mrp-gateway:/usr/local/apache/data/PLAT/MIMUS/upload/PROD/archive/112042708173000.txt /home/krishnaveni/scripts/tempFolder` #echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete help

Please give me some hints with awk or something, to delete the lines corresponding to a fixed 2nd field, for which A line is absent. $ cat file.txt #Test file a 1 2232 ert a 1 679 asd A 1 12 oio a 2 131 sd a 2 56 adsad a 2 567 sassa A 2 90 asd a 4 234 gfg a 4 566 erer a 5... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uwork72
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete text between square brackets and also delete those square brackets using sed or awk

Hi All, I have a text file which looks like this: computer programming systems engineering I want to get rid of these square brackets and also the text that is inside these brackets. So that my final text file looks like this: computer programming systems engineering I am using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Need Script to ZIP/SAVE & then DELETE Log file & DELETE ZIPS older than 12 months

ENVIROMENT Linux: Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) iPlanet: iPlanet-WebServer-Enterprise/6.0SP1 Log Path: /usr/iplanet/servers/https-company/logs I have iPlanet log rotation enabled rotating files on a daily basis. The rotated logs are NOT compressed & are taking up too much space. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zachs
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to delete to the list of files in a directory based on last created & delete them

Hi My directory structure is as below. dir1, dir2, dir3 I have the list of files to be deleted in the below path as below. /staging/retain_for_2years/Cleanup/log $ ls -lrt total 0 drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody nobody 256 Mar 01 16:15 01-MAR-2015_SPDBS2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadn
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Shell Script Get & Delete && Upload & Delete

Hi All, Do you have any sample script, - auto get file from SFTP remote server and delete file in remove server after downloaded. - only download specify filename - auto upload file from local to SFTP remote server and delete local folder file after uploaded - only upload specify filename ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weesiong
3 Replies

7. Linux

Mismatch free() / delete / delete [C++]

Dear All, I got the valgrind report as below Mismatch free() / delete / delete at 0x4006895: operator delete(void*) (vg_replace_malloc.c:480) by 0x8EA6D11: corefunction. I supect that it is expect me to write free() instead of delete p1. Given the the code. I have the structure. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
7 Replies

8. Programming

Mismatched free() / delete / delete [] line no missing

Could you tell me the possibilities of the reason to get the Mismatched free() / delete / delete . I unable to see the line no in the valgrind report. it displays the function name. with that function name, I am not able to find where exactly the issue is there.I am getting the Mismatched free()... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Rsync with --delete but do not delete peer dirs on target

rsync with --delete won't honor the delete if the source is something/*. I want the delete to work, but not to delete directories on the target that are peer to the intended directory. For example, using these source and target file structures: Source on desktop: ~/ Money/ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JavaMeister
4 Replies
dhcpmgr(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       dhcpmgr(1M)

NAME
dhcpmgr - graphical interface for managing DHCP service SYNOPSIS
/usr/sadm/admin/bin/dhcpmgr DESCRIPTION
dhcpmgr is a graphical user interface which enables you to manage the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) service on the local sys- tem. It performs the functions of the dhcpconfig, dhtadm, and pntadm command line utilities. You must be root to use dhcpmgr. The dhcpmgr Help, available from the Help menu, contains detailed information about using the tool. USAGE
You can perform the following tasks using dhcpmgr: Configure DHCP service Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP daemon as a DHCP server, and select the data store to use for storing network configuration tables.. Configure BOOTP relay service Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP daemon as a BOOTP relay. Manage DHCP or BOOTP relay service Use dhcpmgr to start, stop, enable, disable or unconfigure the DHCP service or BOOTP relay service, or change DHCP server parameters. Manage DHCP addresses Use dhcpmgr to add, modify, or delete IP addresses leased by the DHCP service. Manage DHCP macros Use dhcpmgr to add, modify or delete macros used to supply configuration parameters to DHCP clients. Manage DHCP options Use dhcpmgr to add, modify or delete options used to define parameters deliverable through DHCP. Convert to a new DHCP data store Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP server to use a different data store, and convert the DHCP data to the format used by the new data store. Move DHCP data to another server Use dhcpmgr to export data from one Solaris DHCP server and import data onto another Solaris DHCP server. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdhcm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dhcpconfig(1M), dhtadm(1M), pntadm(1M), in.dhcpd(1M), dhcpsvc.conf(4), dhcp_network(4), dhcptab(4), attributes(5), dhcp(5), dhcp_modules(5) Solaris DHCP Service Developer's Guide System Administration Guide: IP Services SunOS 5.10 13 Mar 2001 dhcpmgr(1M)