Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SQL in Unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SQL in Unix Post 302298269 by shriashishpatil on Tuesday 17th of March 2009 05:58:55 AM
Old 03-17-2009
sqlplus in unix

refer below code

Quote:
export SQL_QUERY="Select count(1) from SOME_TABLE where cur_pgm_name like 'DISPATCHER' and nxt_pgm_name like 'PM9USGLOADER' and file_status =
'AF' AND DATA_GROUP LIKE '%ASHISH%';"

export LOADER_AF_FILES_COUNT_NUM=`sqlplus -s user_name/password@db_instance << EOF
set echo off feed off heading off pagesize 0 trimspool on linesize 500
whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode;
${SQL_QUERY}

EXIT;
EOF`

if [ $? -ne 0 ]
then
echo "Failed to execute query: ${SQL_QUERY}">> $LOG_FILE 2>&1
exit -10 ;
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL Commands in Unix

Hi gurus, Being a newbie not sure whether iam asking the right question? can we use oracle commands in unix for ex: to read a count on a table. if so, what needs to be configured and etc.. any kind of help is appreciated. Thanks sish (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sish78
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using SQL in Unix

Please tell me how i can use SQL in my unix scripts. Please give examples. I just want to start writing some scripts for my use. Looking for ur cooperation. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohit623
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sql through unix.

when we are spooling query o/p to certain txt file,in that file how we can get headers in the query.(through unix shell scripting). for exmple q1="slect * from XXXXXX;"; sqlplus XXX/XXXX@XXXXX spool XXXX.txt $q1 spool off in the text file i want the headers of the query..... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhagya.puccha
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix variables from sql / pl/sql

How do I dynamically assign the below output to unix shell variables so I can build a menu in a shell script? Example: var1 = 1 var2= SYSTEM var3 = 2 var4= UNDOTBS1 and so on, then in the shell script I can use the variables to build a menu. set serveroutput on declare... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehres
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute PL/SQL function from Unix script (.sql file)

Hi guys, I am new on here, I have a function in oracle that returns a specific value: create or replace PACKAGE BODY "CTC_ASDGET_SCHED" AS FUNCTION FN_ASDSCHEDULE_GET RETURN VARCHAR2 AS BEGIN DECLARE ASDSchedule varchar2(6); ASDComplete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reptile
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sql data file in unix csv file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi , I used the below script to get the sql data into csv file using unix scripting. I m getting the output into an output file but the output file is not displayed in a separe columns . #!/bin/ksh export FILE_PATH=/maav/home/xyz/abc/ rm $FILE_PATH/sample.csv sqlplus -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
2 Replies

7. Programming

Doing a SQL rollup in unix

If anyone is familiar with Oracle, there is a way to trace a file. Then there is is a script called tkprof that will generate a report that includes a rollup of some values. The problem with this script is that it only does the rollup properly if the query is finished. So I need something quick and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix and SQL server

Hi All, I am accessing Unix through putty (i.e. unix is installed on other server and i am accessing it remotely through putty). I am having SQL Server 2008 installed on my computer. Now i want to access sql server via. unix. Could some one please help me in this!!! Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: preetpalkapoor
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting sql in UNIX

hi folks am running the shell script below #!/bin/bash sqlplus 'scott@orcl/tiger'<<ENDSQL >> outputlogfile.csv SET PAGES 0 SET HEAD ON SET ECHO OFF SET FEEDBACK OFF SET LINESIZE 100 SET PAGESIZE 100 SET SERVEROUTPUT ON --# Fire the query on database select * from employee; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboy98699
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i run sql queries from UNIX shell script and retrieve data into text docs of UNIX?

Please share the doc asap as very urgently required. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 24ajay
1 Replies
asadmin-export(1AS)						   User Commands					       asadmin-export(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-export, export - marks a variable name for automatic export to the environment of subsequent commands in multimode SYNOPSIS
export [ name=value [ name=value]*] Marks a variable name for automatic export to the environment of subsequent commands. All subsequent commands use the variable name values as specified; unless you unset them or exit multimode. If only the variable name is specified, the current value of that variable name is displayed. If the export command is used without any arguments, a list of all the exported variables and their values is displayed. Exported shell environment variables set prior to invoking the asadmin utility are imported automatically and set as exported variables within asadmin. Unexported environment variables cannot be read by the asadmin utility. OPERANDS
name=value variable name and value for automatic export to the environment to be used by subsequent commands. Example 1: Using export to list the environment variables asadmin> export AS_ADMIN_HOST=bluestar AS_ADMIN_PORT=8000 AS_ADMIN_USER=admin AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=password asadmin> export AS_ADMIN_PREFIX=server1.jms-service asadmin> export //to list the environment variables that are set AS_ADMIN_HOST=bluestar AS_ADMIN_PORT=8000 AS_ADMIN_USER=admin AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=******** AS_ADMIN_PREFIX=server1.jms-service Where: the export command lists the environment variables that are set. In this case, the environment variables have been set to: the host is bluestar, the port is 8000, the administrator user is admin with an associated password, and the prefix is server1.jms-service. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-unset(1AS), asadmin-multimode(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-export(1AS)