Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to call "if NOT test; then..." Post 302298240 by rikxik on Tuesday 17th of March 2009 03:47:50 AM
Old 03-17-2009
Code:
$ ping 192.168.1.1
no answer from 192.168.1.1

$ if ! ping -c1 192.168.1.1 > /dev/null 2>&1; then
> echo ping failed
> fi
ping failed

$ ping 10.68.64.122
10.68.64.122 is alive

$ if ! ping -c1 10.68.64.122 > /dev/null 2>&1; then
> echo ping failed
> fi
$

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

error "Invalid argument" returned after call sched_setscheduler

the code is below and the was run on Solaris 9. ----------------------------- struct sched_param param; param.sched_priority = 99; if(sched_setscheduler(0, SCHED_RR, &param) == -1) { perror("setting priority"); exit(1); } ------------------------------- after the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robin.zhu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test command with "-z" and "-n"

Hello all, Please let me know, why the value of $? is diff for -z and -n. And explain what are the operends we can use with "test" and their purpose.. $ test -z "" $ echo $? 0 $ test -n "" $ echo $? 1 Thanx in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: divya bandipotu
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the significance of sh -s in ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh?

Please can you help me understand the significance of providing arguments under sh -s in > ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shc : trying to test functionality "test" compiling but can not execute

I am testing shc to see if it would help with my need. Im at a point where Im trying to compile and test the "test.ksh" file that comes in the tar ball : shc-3.8.9> shc -v -r -f test.ksh shc shll=ksh shc =-c shc =exec '%s' "$@" shc = shc opts= shc: cc test.ksh.x.c -o test.ksh.x... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
OCF_PACEMAKER_PING(7)					      Pacemaker Configuration					     OCF_PACEMAKER_PING(7)

NAME
ocf_pacemaker_ping - node connectivity SYNOPSIS
[OCF_RESKEY_pidfile=string] [OCF_RESKEY_dampen=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_name=string] [OCF_RESKEY_multiplier=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_host_list=string] [OCF_RESKEY_attempts=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_timeout=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_options=string] [OCF_RESKEY_debug=string] ping [start | stop | reload | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Every time the monitor action is run, this resource agent records (in the CIB) the current number of ping nodes the host can connect to. It is essentially the same as pingd except that it uses the system ping tool to obtain the results. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
OCF_RESKEY_pidfile = string [/var/run//ping-default] PID file OCF_RESKEY_dampen = integer [5s] Dampening interval The time to wait (dampening) further changes occur OCF_RESKEY_name = string [pingd] Attribute name The name of the attributes to set. This is the name to be used in the constraints. OCF_RESKEY_multiplier = integer [] Value multiplier The number by which to multiply the number of connected ping nodes by OCF_RESKEY_host_list = string [] Host list The list of ping nodes to count. Defaults to all configured ping nodes. Rarely needs to be specified. OCF_RESKEY_attempts = integer [2] no. of ping attempts Number of ping attempts, per host, before declaring it dead OCF_RESKEY_timeout = integer [2] ping timeout in seconds How long, in seconds, to wait before declaring a ping lost OCF_RESKEY_options = string [] Extra Options A catch all for any other options that need to be passed to ping. OCF_RESKEY_debug = string [false] Verbose logging Enables to use default attrd_updater verbose logging on every call. AUTHOR
Andrew Beekhof <andrew@beekhof.net> Author. Pacemaker Configuration 07/05/2010 OCF_PACEMAKER_PING(7)