Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search a pattern in a file with contents in a single line Post 302298217 by sparks on Tuesday 17th of March 2009 02:50:59 AM
Old 03-17-2009
sorry!! forgot to attach the file
it here....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

make multiple line containing a pattern into single line

I have the following data file. zz=aa azxc-1234 aa=aa zz=bb azxc-1234 bb=bb zz=cc azxc-1234 cc=cc zz=dd azxc-2345 dd=dd zz=ee azxc-2345 ee=ee zz=ff azxc-3456 ff=ff zz=gg azxc-4567 gg=gg zz=hh azxc-4567 hh=hh zz=ii azxc-4567 ii=ii I want to make 2nd field pattern matching multiple lines... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: VTAWKVT
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk pattern match and search in single statement

Hi All, I am trying to alter all lines between EXEC SQL and END-EXEC that have an INCLUDE in them. The following code search="INCLUDE " cp -f ${WORK}/$file.in ${WORK}/$file.wrk2 for item in `echo $search `; do > ${WORK}/$file.wrk1 awk -vITEM="$item" '{ if ( $0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bruble
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining contents in multiple lines to a single line

I do have a file with contents splited into multiple lines ADSLHLJASHGLJSKAGHJJGAJSLGAHLSGHSAKBV AJHALHALHGLAGLHGBJVFBJVLFDHADAH GFJAGJAGAJFGAKGAKGFAK AJHFAGAKAGAGKAKAKGKAGFGJDGDJJDGJDJDFAG ... ... .... 100's of lines I would like to rearrange the content of this file so it will be a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl question - How do I print contents of an array on a single line?

I have the following code: print @testarray; which returns: 8 8 8 9 How do I return the array like this: The output is: 8, 8, 8, 9 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mutli line pattern search & replace in a xml file

Hello guys, I need your help for a specific sed command that would search for a multi line pattern and if found, would replace it by another multi line pattern. For instance, here is the input: <RefNickName>abcd</RefNickName> <NickName>efgh</NickName> <Customize> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xciteddd
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to grep multiple pattern present in single line and delete that line

here is what i want to achieve.. i have a file with below contents cat fileName blah blah blah . .DROP this REJECT that . --sport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable --dport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable . . . more blah blah blah --dport 3306... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search Pattern and combine into single file

Hi Experts Please help me out with the following thing: 2 files and want the output file: {No for using FOR loop because I got 22 million lines} Tried that "It processes only 8000 records per hour" I need a faster way out !!! FileA: 9051 9052 9053 9054 9055 9056 9057 9058 9059 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: navkanwal
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search pattern and write line into another file

Hi, I have a file which contains the below details.. My requirement is to fetch all the lines which are starting with "ABC_XY_" into 1 file and rest of the lines (not starting with "ABC_XY_") into another file. Could you please help with what command needs to be used? file1.txt ----------... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyaatcgi
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search Pattern and Print lines in Single Column

Hi Experts I have small query where I request the into a single file Suppose: File1: {Unique entries} AA BB CC DD FileB: AA, 123 AA, 234 AA, 2345 CC, 123 CC, 5678 DD,123 BB, 7890 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: navkanwal
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern in a file and split the line into two lines

Hi All, Greetings everyone !!! I have a file which has many lines, out of which one line is as below. I need to search for pattern "varchar(30) Select" and if exists, then split the line as below. I am trying to achieve this in ksh. Can anyone help me on this. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradhikshan
8 Replies
usoc(7D)							      Devices								  usoc(7D)

NAME
usoc - universal serial optical controller for Fibre Channel arbitrated loop (SOC+) device driver DESCRIPTION
The Fibre Channel adapter is an SBus card that implements two full duplex Fibre Channel interfaces. Each interface can connect to a Fibre Channel arbitrated loop (FC-AL). The usoc device driver is a nexus driver and implements portions of the FC-2 and FC-4 layers of FC-AL. FILES
/kernel/drv/usoc 32-bit ELF kernel module /kernel/drv/sparcv9/usoc 64-bit ELF kernel module ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Unknown | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWusoc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fctl(7D), sbus(4), fcp(7D), fp(7D), ssd(7D) Writing Device Drivers Fibre Channel Physical and Signaling Interface (FC-PH) ANSI X3.230: 1994 Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop (FC-AL) ANSI X3.272-1996 Fibre Channel Private Loop SCSI Direct Attach (FC-PLDA) NCITS TR-19:1998 Fabric Channel Loop Attachment (FC-FLA), NCITS TR-20:1998 DIAGNOSTICS
The following messages are logged and may also appear on the system console. On the console these messages are preceded by: usoc%d: where usoc%d: is the per-port instance number of the usoc controller. Fibre Channel is ONLINE The Fibre Channel loop is now online. Fibre Channel Loop is ONLINE The Fibre Channel loop is now online. Fibre Channel Loop is OFFLINE The Fibre Channel loop is now offline. attach failed: device in slave-only slot. Move soc+ card to another slot. attach failed: alloc soft state. Driver did not attach, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: bad soft state. Driver did not attach, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: unable to map eeprom Driver was unable to map device memory; check for bad hardware. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: unable to map XRAM Driver was unable to map device memory; check for bad hardware. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: unable to map registers Driver was unable to map device registers; check for bad hardware. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: unable to access status register Driver was unable to map device registers; check for bad hardware. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: unable to install interrupt handler Driver was not able to add the interrupt routine to the kernel. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: unable to access host adapter XRAM Driver was unable to access device RAM; check for bad hardware. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: unable to write host adapter XRAM Driver was unable to write device RAM; check for bad hardware. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: read/write mismatch in XRAM Driver was unable to verify device RAM; check for bad hardware. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. SunOS 5.10 20 Jul 1999 usoc(7D)