Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Disk Space availability on solaris machine Post 302298183 by raghu.amilineni on Tuesday 17th of March 2009 12:18:04 AM
Old 03-17-2009
The input is given as /Agent even if directory is not existing..
but it should still check for size
raghu.amilineni

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Disk space management on Solaris

Hi, I'm using sun solaris. Using df -h I have the following: Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d2 12G 7.1G 4.6G 61% / /proc 0K 0K 0K 0% /proc mnttab 0K 0K 0K 0% ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HSN
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to re-allocate disk space on solaris 10

I am not very good at UNIX and seek help here. I tried to install Oracle 10g on a 64 bit Sun sparc machine with solaris 10 as OS. After I installed solaris 10, the current file system on the machine looks like this: /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 5104758 4854293 199418 97% / /devices ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
2 Replies

3. Solaris

command to find free disk space on solaris

In linux df is the command to find free space what is the equivalent command in the Solaris (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishankar
2 Replies

4. Programming

How to get free disk space size in C/C++ program( Solaris system)

How to get free disk space size in C/C++ program( Solaris system)? Is there any standard function or system function? Just like "df" or "getdfree" in Linux. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yidu
4 Replies

5. Solaris

solaris 8 / disk space almost full

Hi All, My Solaris 8 firewall server is getting full on the / filesystem. I don't know which one should I delete. I think there's no more to delete on the file like logs or temp file. Does someone knows about deleting a safe file (or folder) on FS like /usr, /opt, /platform, /kernel, /sbin?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
7 Replies

6. Solaris

How to utilize the 2nd hard disk space in x86 solaris 5.10

I have 2 hard disks ,one hard disk(40gb) completely for windows Os,and the other(120gb) for solaris Os. In the second hard disk.I have utilised around 10gb for the solaris installation and also partitioned with the available 10gb space for the solaris x86 OS. Now i need to utilise the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaprakash
8 Replies

7. Solaris

disk space solaris 10

I got 4 hd each of 75GB. The os sun solaris 10 is installed on disk 0 and is almost full. see at df -k shows the following $ df -k Dateisystem kByte belegt verfügbar Kapazität Eingehängt auf /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 6856805 6388140 400097 95% / /devices 0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: j2me
3 Replies

8. Solaris

How to create mirror disk in solaris machine?

hi, I'm newbie in Solaris 10. can someone explain me the steps of how to create mirror disk in Solaris machine. thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wong_Cilacap
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Df -k command shows duplicate information in Solaris machine, How to get the exact disk space

While getting the total disk space in solaris machine using df -k command, i am getting the same disk info for every user available in that system. Is there any way to remove it. Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on rpool/ROOT/solaris 573898752... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasankn
3 Replies
SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)			 systemd-machine-id-commit.service		      SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-machine-id-commit.service - Commit a transient machine ID to disk SYNOPSIS
systemd-machine-id-commit.service DESCRIPTION
systemd-machine-id-commit.service is an early boot service responsible for committing transient /etc/machine-id files to a writable disk file system. See machine-id(5) for more information about machine IDs. This service is started after local-fs.target in case /etc/machine-id is a mount point of its own (usually from a memory file system such as "tmpfs") and /etc is writable. The service will invoke systemd-machine-id-setup --commit, which writes the current transient machine ID to disk and unmount the /etc/machine-id file in a race-free manner to ensure that file is always valid and accessible for other processes. See systemd-machine-id-setup(1) for details. The main use case of this service are systems where /etc/machine-id is read-only and initially not initialized. In this case, the system manager will generate a transient machine ID file on a memory file system, and mount it over /etc/machine-id, during the early boot phase. This service is then invoked in a later boot phase, as soon as /etc has been remounted writable and the ID may thus be committed to disk to make it permanent. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-machine-id-setup(1), machine-id(5), systemd-firstboot(1) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)