Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to call "if NOT test; then..." Post 302298165 by vidyadhar85 on Monday 16th of March 2009 11:14:22 PM
Old 03-17-2009
you have to do something like this...

Code:
ping -c 2 -s 100 -w 1 ipaddress >/dev/null
if [ $? -eq 1 ] ; then
echo "ping failed"
else
echo "pinging"
fi

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

error "Invalid argument" returned after call sched_setscheduler

the code is below and the was run on Solaris 9. ----------------------------- struct sched_param param; param.sched_priority = 99; if(sched_setscheduler(0, SCHED_RR, &param) == -1) { perror("setting priority"); exit(1); } ------------------------------- after the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robin.zhu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test command with "-z" and "-n"

Hello all, Please let me know, why the value of $? is diff for -z and -n. And explain what are the operends we can use with "test" and their purpose.. $ test -z "" $ echo $? 0 $ test -n "" $ echo $? 1 Thanx in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: divya bandipotu
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the significance of sh -s in ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh?

Please can you help me understand the significance of providing arguments under sh -s in > ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shc : trying to test functionality "test" compiling but can not execute

I am testing shc to see if it would help with my need. Im at a point where Im trying to compile and test the "test.ksh" file that comes in the tar ball : shc-3.8.9> shc -v -r -f test.ksh shc shll=ksh shc =-c shc =exec '%s' "$@" shc = shc opts= shc: cc test.ksh.x.c -o test.ksh.x... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
dceping(8)																dceping(8)

NAME
dceping - test the ability to contact DCE services from a local DCE client. SYNOPSIS
dceping [-n number] [-s time] [-v] [-C] [service_name ...] required to specify the literal strings, NAMESPACE or STRING_BINDING (see nond- cesvc(4)). OPTIONS
-n number Specify the number of pinging cycles. Each service is tested once per cycle. The default is one pinging cycle. Specifying -n 0 makes pinging continuous. -s time Specify time, in seconds, to wait between pinging cycles. You must specify more than one pinging cycle with the -n option in order to use -s. -v Run in verbose mode. -C Ping only core DCE services. This option is ineffective if a service_name is specified on the command line. DESCRIPTION
dceping verifies that a local DCE client can communicate with DCE and other services. It uses the RPC management interface to determine if the DCE service is listening. The core DCE services that dceping checks include secd, cdsd, gdad, rpcd, cdsadv, dtsd, and sec_clientd. You can ping other DCE and non-DCE services by naming them in the file, /opt/dcelocal/hpadmin/etc/nondcesvc. If you want to determine at run time what services you want dceping to ping, you may do so using the same file. See the manpage, nondcesvc(4), for more information. You may specify the services to ping on the command line separated by blanks. In this case, dceping does not ping any DCE core services or the services listed in /opt/dcelocal/hpadmin/etc/nondcesvc. The service_name specified could be either a name in the DCE Cell Directory Service Namespace or an RPC string binding. It is not AUTHOR
dceping was developed by HP. FILES
/opt/dcelocal/hpadmin/etc/nondcesvc /opt/dcelocal/hpadmin/etc/wellknownif SEE ALSO
nondcesvc(4), wellknownif(4) HP DCE
dceping(8)