Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux execute a program remotely using putty Post 302297915 by coolatt on Monday 16th of March 2009 06:44:29 AM
Old 03-16-2009
Data execute a program remotely using putty

hi all.

I have a small program on a debian server which i need to execute remotely from a windows machine using putty.

when i use putty to execute the program it starts running , but when i close the session the program stops running on the debian server as well.

Can anyone guide me how to let the program run after i close the putty session?

Thanks.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to remotely execute a script on a VMS system ?

How to remotely execute a script on a VMS system ? rsh ? Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivancleber
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remotely execute a script (.COM ) on a VMS system ?

How to remotely execute a script (.COM ) on a VMS system ? rsh ? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remotely execute a script (.COM ) on a VMS system ?

How to remotely execute a script (.COM ) on a VMS system ? rsh ? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to open program and send/execute command in program

Hi, i want to write a script that executes a program (exec?) . this program then requires a filename as input. how do i give it this input in the script so the program will be complete run and close by the script. e.g. exec prog.exe program then asks for filename "enter filename:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuathan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remotely Execute a script

Hi, What is the best way to remotely execute a script? Scenario: 1 Unix box creates a file and moves it to a 2nd unix box 2nd unix box must then move the file to a windows server How can i execute the ftp script on the 2nd server, I need to schedule the command to automate it!? I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcclunyboy
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh execute command remotely

Hi all, Today I want to write a script to run the commands remotely. If I run the command as follows: ssh <user>@<ip> 'ls; pwd' it works fine. But when I want to use ssh to set view in clearcase, it will lose the response. as follows ssh <user>@<ip> 'cleartool setview <view_name>; pwd'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Damon_Qu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remotely setting putty window title

I have successfully used a script to modify putty's window title for many years. It has worked great in a Solaris 10 environment, using, sh, bash and tcsh. But I've never been able to get it to work in linux :( The script relies on sending escape sequences via gnu echo. The version of echo on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsreyb
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why i cannot execute remotely soffice with this new user ?

Hi, I would like to remotely execute soffice with different users on a remote machine. Basically I am connected to the machineA as user John. I would like to execute several soffice to the remote machineB. The remote machine B has different users R,S on the same group. I can launch remotely... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Robert2011
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to execute the shell remotely

Hi All, I have a typical problem where I have HP unix and want to connect to Solaris 5.10 box and run a shell. I tried with multiple forums but it does not help. As per my analysis, there is no ssh in my machine and so i cant connect to solaris box,secondly ftp to the solaris server is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[perl] execute remotely script

Hello Can some help with write part of perl script I need something like this in perl SSH="/bin/ssh -o BatchMode=yes -o" USER="test" SRV="server" SCRIPT_TO_EXEC="/tmp/test.sh" -> shell script OUT=/tmp/out.file ${SSH} -l ${USER} ${SRV} 'sudo /usr/bin/ksh -s' < ${SCRIPT_TO_EXEC} >> ${OUT}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikus
1 Replies
gnome-options(7)						Gnome User's Manual						  gnome-options(7)

NAME
gnome-options - Standard Command Line Options for GNOME 2 Programs SYNOPSIS
program [standard options] [specific options] arguments DESCRIPTION
This manual page describes the command line options, which are common to all Gnome applications. OPTIONS
Help options -?, --help Show the applications help message. --usage Display a brief usage message. --version Show the applications's version information. Bonobo Activation support --oaf-ior-fd=FD File descriptor to print IOR on --oaf-activate-iid=IID IID to activate --oaf-private Prevent registering of server with OAF GNOME library options --disable-sound Disable sound server usage --enable-sound Enable sound server usage --espeaker=HOSTNAME:PORT Host:port on which the esd sound server to use is running. This is useful if you simultaneously run programs on several machines. GNOME GUI options --disable-crash-dialog Disable the crash dialog, which is normally shown when the application segfaults. Session management options --sm-client-id=ID Specify session management ID. Only used by the session manager itself while restarting the application. --sm-config-prefix=PREFIX Specify prefix of saved configuration. --sm-disable Disable connection to session manager. Other options --load-modules=MODULE1,MODULE2,... Dynamic modules to load SEE ALSO
For most GNOME programs there will be additional command line options, which are specific to the program. These will be explained in the Application options section of the --help output and in the application's online help. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jochen Voss <voss@debian.org>. A first version was generated with the help of the help2man program. The program's output was manually edited later. GNOME 2.2 2003-10-20 gnome-options(7)