Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to run an ENCRYPTED file? Post 302297749 by nsharath on Sunday 15th of March 2009 03:25:03 AM
Old 03-15-2009
Bug one more DOUBT

hello sir.
I did use the link u gave me.
there also we are still able to see the source code.
I want to know how to obfuscate a code so that the user can use it but cannot see the logic that I used....it must come in all "#&*!" symbols like the code that comes when we open "ls" from /bin or /usr/bin

I cant use "chmod -r" as the user can be root.He would change the permission and see the code.I dont want the root also to see that code.
How can I achieve it sir ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to decrypt a file which is encrypted in UNIX, In Windows NT

Hi, I want to encrypt a file in UNIX(HP-UX) and Transfer to a FTP server. Our FTP server is Windows NT. SO, how can i decrypt the file which is encrypted in UNIX, in Windows NT. Please, help me this is urgent. Siva Gorantla:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gorantla
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

netrc file encrypted password

Hi, I do not want the plaintext password to appear in the netrc file. So I want to encrypt the password. Is there a way to encrypt the password and still make ftp to use the netrc ? Thanks in advance. -Gow:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggowrish
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP file from MF to AIX, fully encrypted

Hi All, I have connected to MainFrame system from Unix AIX Server then using ftp i get the file "NJUSP_XYXYXY_NONONO" to Unix. Now when i tried opening this file using cat/more i am getting the content fully in encrypted format. please help me to read the content of this file from my Unix... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

run vi/vim encrypted shell script without decryption on multiple servers

Hello Everyone, How do we run vi/vim encrypted shell script without decryption on multiple servers. It is a simple bash script and vim -nx <filename> has been used to encrypt with desired password. Now I have few errors, the syntax is absolutely fine as I have run that script multiple times on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
0 Replies

5. Solaris

How edit a file encrypted with openssl ?

i have file encrypted with openssl and i can decrypt and view its content by below code openssl enc -d -blowfish -pass file:secret_key -in input_file now i need to edit the input_file . i have to remove three lines from this file . how can this be done ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using the encrypted password of the shadow file

i have an application that uses the encrypted password that's in the /etc/shadow file. i copied the line for the particular username i was interested it in from shadow file and i pasted it into the password file of the application. the application is nagios. this application allowed that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Saving an unencrypted copy of a file encrypted with vi

Well I did something stupid. I opened a file using vi, and accidentally saved it using <esc>:Xx. So I know the key is x, but what I can't figure out is how to save the file without encryption. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How To Find GPG Keys In Encrypted File With Out Decrypting it?

Hello All, Is there a way to determine how many public keys are embedded or used to encrypt in a GPG file with out decrypting the actual encrypted file. I know i can see the keys & email id's used when we decrypt it, but curious to find a command if any to know with out decrypting the actual file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the original file size of encrypted file

Hi, I am trying to find out the original file size of an encrypted file in SunOS. The file was decrypted with gpg command. I want to know the size of the orginal file without decrypting it. I am using the below command, but it is not working for big files(more than 1 GB). gpg --passphrase... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl

Linux System having all Perl, Python, PHP (and Ruby) installed From a Shell script, can call a Perl, Python, PHP (or Ruby ?) file eg eg a Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl or/and Python file??? Like #!/usr/bin/bash .... .... case $INPUT_STRING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
1 Replies
WHEREIS(1)						      General Commands Manual							WHEREIS(1)

NAME
whereis - locate the binary, source, and manual page files for a command SYNOPSIS
whereis [ -bmsu ] [ -BMS directory... -f ] filename ... DESCRIPTION
whereis locates source/binary and manuals sections for specified files. The supplied names are first stripped of leading pathname compo- nents and any (single) trailing extension of the form .ext, for example, .c. Prefixes of s. resulting from use of source code control are also dealt with. whereis then attempts to locate the desired program in a list of standard Linux places. OPTIONS
-b Search only for binaries. -m Search only for manual sections. -s Search only for sources. -u Search for unusual entries. A file is said to be unusual if it does not have one entry of each requested type. Thus `whereis -m -u *' asks for those files in the current directory which have no documentation. -B Change or otherwise limit the places where whereis searches for binaries. -M Change or otherwise limit the places where whereis searches for manual sections. -S Change or otherwise limit the places where whereis searches for sources. -f Terminate the last directory list and signals the start of file names, and must be used when any of the -B, -M, or -S options are used. EXAMPLE
Find all files in /usr/bin which are not documented in /usr/man/man1 with source in /usr/src: example% cd /usr/bin example% whereis -u -M /usr/man/man1 -S /usr/src -f * FILES
/{bin,sbin,etc} /usr/{lib,bin,old,new,local,games,include,etc,src,man,sbin, X386,TeX,g++-include} /usr/local/{X386,TeX,X11,include,lib,man,etc,bin,games,emacs} SEE ALSO
chdir(2V) BUGS
Since whereis uses chdir(2V) to run faster, pathnames given with the -M, -S, or -B must be full; that is, they must begin with a `/'. whereis has a hard-coded path, so may not always find what you're looking for. 8 May 1994 WHEREIS(1)