Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: snapshots backup
Operating Systems Solaris snapshots backup Post 302297711 by choogendyk on Saturday 14th of March 2009 06:36:37 PM
Old 03-14-2009
jlliagre is virtually always right. Smilie

Also, you can usually find good step by step details at docs.sun.com. Here is a page of step by step instructions for using fssnap, including with ufsdump, on Solaris 9 -- 47.Using UFS Snapshots (Tasks) (System Administration Guide: Basic Administration) - Sun Microsystems. The steps will be the same for Solaris 10, but you can, if you want, also find the section of the System Administration Guide for Solaris 10 (or 8 for that matter).

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

snapshots syntax

Hi guys, i am intrested to learn about snapshots. I was a bit confused about snapshot i know using fssnap -F ufs -o bs (i dont understand the exact what to give the path after this ) if any one know the proper syntax..pls help me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mplayer snapshots

I have a script with: mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:width=320:height=240:norm=NTSC:fps=30:noaudio:input=0 -vf screenshot -aspect 4:3 -vo xv to take .png screenshots. It now works but am not getting what the webcam sees displayed in the frame -- just snow noise. Does someone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slak0
1 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Is this how LVM snapshots work?

Hi guys. I'm confused how LVM snapshots work. Here is what i understood: 1. we have a Logical Volume holding our data. 2. we make a snap shot of it with this command: lvcreate -L 1000M -s -n backup /dev/vg01/lv013. mount the snap shot 4. take your backup 5. remove the snapshot --> in this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create LVM snapshots?

Please suggest me how do I create LVM snapshots in linux. Best regards, Vishal (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
5 Replies

6. Ubuntu

I need help setting up LVM snapshots on Ubuntu 16.04

I am running Ubuntu 16.04 on a HP laptop with a core I3 processor. I am trying to run mariaDB and do hot backups to disk. In order to do that I wanted to create an LVM snapshot and backup the snapshot for a point in time backup, possibly using tar. I included a snapshot of the gparted app showing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gandolf989
1 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)