Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple open remote file script Post 302297684 by elbombillo on Saturday 14th of March 2009 01:24:24 PM
Old 03-14-2009
WOW Thanks a Million. I'm not sure how it works but it does.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Connect - SCO Open Server

Hello.. Please helppppppp...!!! I am using SCO Open Server version 5.0 at work. I am trying to find a third party software to use on my computer at home which has windows 98 on it to do remote connect to my work. Is there any such software ? I know there is PC ANYWHERE but i don't think it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackpotp
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to look for data in a file (not that simple) ...

I'm looking for a script or program that would allow me to pass a pattern to it and give me locations on where text appears in a file. I wish it was that straight forward (I would use egrep or something) Say I have the word in my text file "SUDAN" but my user does a search for "SUDANESE". Grep... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple file checking script

Hi, I have a really, what I hope is, simple question. I'm looking for a simple way to see whether a file exists or not and then perform an action based on whether it exists or not. An example of what I tried is as follows: if then { echo "File mysql exists" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: _Spare_Ribs_
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to open remote connections

Hello everybody, This is an unusual problem that I am facing on my Solaris 9 on Sun Blade 150 workstation. I can ping remote machines (outside subnet) but I can't open up a connection/port on those machines. For example, `ping ftp.xyz.com` gives ftp.xyz.com is alive but if I do a `ftp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: red_crab
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Find file Script.....

Im trying to make a very simple find the first file with the .zip extension in a specific folder and open that file. The folder path and file name will vary every-time and it may contain spaces. If I try to look For this example the folder directory is /Users/username/Desktop/testfolder/abc... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbombillo
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open n number of remote sessions

I m need of something useful to reduce my n number of login sessions to save my time. Scenario : I will login 40+ servers daily with ip address. i hv generated ssh key gens in order to avoid passwords. what i need is : when i click a terminal, i need these 40 servers logged in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anand.linux1984
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Know is a Remote hosts have open port

Hi gurus of unix!!!!, I have a little question. I nedd your helps The scenarios is the following I have tree equipment that are installed in different places. I use a carrier to interconnect the equipment. Some Port's (TCP) need to be open for an application that must be function correctly. For... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl open a remote shell

Hello , I am writing a script which takes the user name , password and hostname from the database and login to the server . I am only able to login to the server and my script logs out and only I can run few command if I provide those command in my script else I am not able to run those... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratapsingh
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How run simple command in xterm, and leave open?

I have written a simple script to show battery life remaining. I would like to be able to quickly view it with a predefined keybinding or launcher. xterm -e scriptname should do the trick but the xterm closes when the script finishes, not giving me chance to read the output. How can I keep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spoovy
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies
Perlbal::Manual(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Perlbal::Manual(3pm)

NAME
Perlbal::Manual - Guide and reference manual for Perlbal VERSION Perlbal 1.78. DESCRIPTION This is the comprehensive guide and reference manual for Perlbal. Perlbal::Manual::Configuration How to configure Perlbal: pools, services, syntax and more. Perlbal::Manual::Contributing How to contribute to Perlbal. Perlbal::Manual::Credits Author and contributor credits for Perlbal. Perlbal::Manual::Debugging How Perlbal's Debugging system works. Perlbal::Manual::FailOver How Perlbal's Fail Over mechanism works. Perlbal::Manual::HighPriority Perlbal's high/low priority queueing system and how to use it. Perlbal::Manual::Hooks Existing hooks and how they work. Perlbal::Manual::Install Installation procedures for Perlbal. Perlbal::Manual::Internals Perlbal's architecture at a glance. Useful for developers. Perlbal::Manual::LoadBalancer Setting up a Perlbal Load Balancing service. Perlbal::Manual::Logging How Perlbal's Logging system works. Perlbal::Manual::Management Setting up a "management" service, connecting to that service and managing Perlbal on-the-fly. Perlbal::Manual::Plugins Known plugins and how to create new ones. Perlbal::Manual::ReverseProxy Setting up a Perlbal "reverse_proxy" service. Perlbal::Manual::Roles Brief description of existing roles. Perlbal::Manual::Selector Setting up a Perlbal "selector" service. Perlbal::Manual::WebServer Setting up a Perlbal "web_server" service. AUTHORS
Bruno Martins and JosA~X Castro. SEE ALSO Perlbal::FAQ. There are sample configuration files under conf/, including samples for using and configuring existing plugins. perl v5.14.2 2011-01-23 Perlbal::Manual(3pm)