Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: replace \r\r\n with \r\n
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting replace \r\r\n with \r\n Post 302297680 by Corona688 on Saturday 14th of March 2009 12:59:20 PM
Old 03-14-2009
The syntax you posted is incorrect and would only cause an error message since the pattern is missing the last / .

Second, sed never matches \n, since it considers it to mark the end of the line. sed 's/\r\r$/\r/' should do the job.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to replace ??

Hi all, I have a file with the following data. E01011U, ,E11, , , ,0 E03012U, ,E14, , , ,0 E02013U, ,E25, , , ,0 I want to change it to ('E01-01-1-U','E11' ); ('E03-01-2-U','E14' ); ('E02-01-3-U','E25' ); Please let me know about it .Thanks in advance. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: preethgideon
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace into Vi

Ravi . Pawan 19.23 sanjeeva . I want to replace '.' into 'NULL' not the dot between 19.23 .. only single dots to NULL how to do replacement after opening file in Vi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sadani19
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace last / by |

Hi: I want to write a Kshell script which will replace last / by |. eg: /home/apps/test/document should be replaced as /home/apps/test|document. The length of the string is not constant. Thanks, Ash (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naikaa
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace

hi i have input file in this format E102|0|1-23-1994|0|12-5-1994|E003|A|10450|charan,devupalli|5000 how to convert this into outfile E102,0,1-23-1994,0,12-5-1994,E003,A,10450,charan,devupalli,5000 i wann the output in excel sheet.........that is why i am converting into csv.. but i have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charandevu
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Help

Hi, djfksdjk)))) kmmm jfdfjk)))) I want to replace the first ')' after kmmm with #. The output would be djfksdjk)))) exists jfdfjk#))) Can anyone help on this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeed7
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - replace number of string length from search and replace for a serialized array

Hello, I really would appreciate some help with a bash script for some string manipulation on an SQL dump: I'd like to be able to rename "sites/WHATEVER/files" to "sites/SOMETHINGELSE/files" within the sql dump. This is quite easy with sed: sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: otrotipo
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace

Here is my file content age=12 age=34 age=54 age=23 Hello world. This is the age result I am getting. To day date is 23-02-2010. From the above content I have to replace all the values after 'age=*' to age=24. How to do it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brahma
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace dashes positions 351-357 & 024-043 with 0 & replace " " if exis with 04 at position 381-382

I need to replace dashes (i.e. -) if present from positions 351-357 with zero (i.e. 0), I also need to replace dash (i.e “-“) if present between position 024-043 with zero (i.e. 0) & I replace " " (i.e. 2 space characters) if present at position 381-382 with "04". Total length of record is 413.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lancesunny
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I replace the lines that start with a star and replace it with numbers start from 1?

I need to replace the (*) in the fist of a list with numbers using sed for example > this file contain a list * linux * computers * labs * questions to >>>> this file contain a list 1. linux 2. computers 3. labs 4. questions (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aalbazie
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk script to extract a column, replace one of the header and replace year(from ddmmyy to yyyy)

I have a csv which has lot of columns . I was looking for an awk script which would extract a column twice. for the first occurance the header and data needs to be intact but for the second occurance i want to replace the header name since it a duplicate and extract year value which is in ddmmyy... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kunalcurious
10 Replies
STTY(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   STTY(1)

NAME
stty - set terminal options SYNOPSIS
stty [ option ... ] DESCRIPTION
Stty sets certain I/O options on the current output terminal. With no argument, it reports the current settings of the options. The option strings are selected from the following set: even allow even parity -even disallow even parity odd allow odd parity -odd disallow odd parity raw raw mode input (no erase, kill, interrupt, quit, EOT; parity bit passed back) -raw negate raw mode cooked same as `-raw' cbreak make each character available to read(2) as received; no erase and kill -cbreak make characters available to read only when newline is received -nl allow carriage return for new-line, and output CR-LF for carriage return or new-line nl accept only new-line to end lines echo echo back every character typed -echo do not echo characters lcase map upper case to lower case -lcase do not map case -tabs replace tabs by spaces when printing tabs preserve tabs ek reset erase and kill characters back to normal # and @ erase c set erase character to c. C can be of the form `^X' which is interpreted as a `control X'. kill c set kill character to c. `^X' works here also. cr0 cr1 cr2 cr3 select style of delay for carriage return (see ioctl(2)) nl0 nl1 nl2 nl3 select style of delay for linefeed tab0 tab1 tab2 tab3 select style of delay for tab ff0 ff1 select style of delay for form feed bs0 bs1 select style of delay for backspace tty33 set all modes suitable for the Teletype Corporation Model 33 terminal. tty37 set all modes suitable for the Teletype Corporation Model 37 terminal. vt05 set all modes suitable for Digital Equipment Corp. VT05 terminal tn300 set all modes suitable for a General Electric TermiNet 300 ti700 set all modes suitable for Texas Instruments 700 series terminal tek set all modes suitable for Tektronix 4014 terminal hup hang up dataphone on last close. -hup do not hang up dataphone on last close. 0 hang up phone line immediately 50 75 110 134 150 200 300 600 1200 1800 2400 4800 9600 exta extb Set terminal baud rate to the number given, if possible. (These are the speeds supported by the DH-11 interface). SEE ALSO
ioctl(2), tabs(1) STTY(1)