Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Oracle Query results to be stored in variables Post 302297640 by palanisvr on Saturday 14th of March 2009 07:16:13 AM
Old 03-14-2009
I hope this will help you

Hi ,

First redirect the query result to a file named "query_result.txt "
as shown below

#!/bin/ksh

sqlplus -s $USERID/$USERPWD <<EOF >query_result.txt
set heading off feedback off pagesize 0 linesize 30000 trimout on ;
select data from table_name ;
exit;
EOF

####after redirecting the output to a file fetch the value line by line as shown in below

for i in `cat query_result.txt `
do

echo $i

##do what ever u want to

delete from table_name where column_name = $i ;

##note : refer the column value as $i to get the value

done

- - - > Explaination :

here the refer the value to i ,this will fetch the records line by line
for eg : if the query output is

red
blue
green

here for the
1st iteration : i value := red
2nd iteration : i value := blue
and so on ...

I hope this wil help you ..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle stored procedure.

I am using sqlplus. I have the stored procedure name. How can i print the stored procedure content? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamil
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Environmental Variables - where stored ?

Hi all ! Yesterday I defined an environmental variable PATH, but today when I restarted machine, I could not see that it was stored any place. Is there any file where I could save the settings ? I have quite a few env.variables defined, so I need a smarter way to define. regards D (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGoubine
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Set shell variables from SQLPLUS query results

Hi All, I needed to get the result of two sqlplus queris into shell variables. After days of looking for the ultimate solution to this problem.. i found this... sqlplus -s USER/PASS@DB <<EOF | awk '{if(NR==1) printf("%s ", $1); if(NR==2) printf("%s ", $1);}' | read VAR1 VAR2 set head off... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pranavagarwal
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle Query results to be stored in variables using unix

I want to store the sql query output into a variable #!/bin/ksh ORACLE_SID=DB01; export ORACLE_SID; export FILE_PATH=/home/asg/Tmp # Order Checking echo " removing old files " rm $FILE_PATH/Malformed_Order.txt echo " Enter the Malformed Order ....!" read orders echo "Regrade... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL/Plus in a coprocess example. Also saves query results into shell variables

While assisting a forum member, I recommended running SQL/Plus in a coprocess (to make database connections and run a test script) for the duration of his script rather than starting/stopping it once for every row in a file he was processing. I recalled I made a coprocess example for folks at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gary_w
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Query Results to Variables

Hello, I am very new to shell scripting and I am not sure of how best to handle the following scenario. I need to query a list of values from a table. I need to store those results and use them to selectively delete values in yet another table in a separate database. I do know how to store the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flowervz
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Assign SQL Query Results to Variables in Linux?

Hi, I am new to linux... How to Assign SQL Query Results to Variables in Linux,i want ti generate it in param files, Can anyone please explain me. Ex: SQL> Select * from EMP; O/P: Emp_No Emp_Name 1 AAA 2 BBB 3 CCC and I want expected... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sravana Kumar
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning multiple column's value from Oracle query to multiple variables in UNIX

Hi All, I need to read values of 10 columns from oracle query and assign the same to 10 unix variables. The query will return only one record(row). I tried to append all these columns using a delimiter(;) in the select query and assign the same to a single variable(V) in unix. I thought I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkrishnan91
3 Replies
RADSQLRELAY(8)						     FreeRADIUS helper program						    RADSQLRELAY(8)

NAME
radsqlrelay - relay SQL queries to a central database server SYNOPSIS
radsqlrelay [-?] [-d sql_driver] [-b database] [-f file] [-h host] [-u user] [-P port] [-p password] [-1] [-x] file_path DESCRIPTION
radsqlrelay tails a SQL logfile and forwards the queries to a database server. Used to replicate accounting records to one (central) data- base, even if the database has extended downtime. The SQL logfile is created by the rlm_sql_log module. The module must be configured in the radiusd server before you can use radsqlrelay. OPTIONS
-? Print usage help information. -d sql_driver Driver to use: mysql, pg, oracle. -b database Name of the database to use. -f file Read password from file, instead of command line. -h host Connect to host. -u user User for login. -P port Port number to use for connection. -p password Password to use when connecting to server. -1 One-shot mode: push the file to database and exit. -x Turn on debugging. file_path The pathname of the SQL logfile to use. NOTES
Oracle driver The command "radsqlrelay -d oracle -b db.domain.tld sql-relay" reads the database description stored in $TNS_ADMIN/tnsnames.ora: db.domain.tld = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = db.domain.tld)(PORT = 1521)) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVICE_NAME = <DB SID>) ) ) SEE ALSO
rlm_sql_log(5) AUTHOR
Nicolas Baradakis <nicolas.baradakis@cegetel.net> 19 June 2005 RADSQLRELAY(8)