Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting starting a bash session as child process to another bash session from a process Post 302297583 by alirezan on Friday 13th of March 2009 08:51:24 PM
Old 03-13-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfajohnson

You would need a method to communicate with the running process and have it start the child process.

Interesting...something like IPC..eh? but how? any ideas?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

simulate session.getMaxInactiveInterval() in bash script

hi everyone, I have a question about the java object oriented function which to simulate in bash script... here is the function "session.getMaxInactiveInterval() / 60 " got any web can read this function? coz i need to simulate to bash script... Hope someone give me a suggestion... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryanW
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

attach process from another ssh session

Hi, I was logged in on a server, by ssh, with a vim open, when the battery of my laptop got empty. When I return to the server by ssh, I can see my previous ssh session still open, and the vim process running (ttyp0). Is there a way to attach that vim to my new session (ttyp4)? Here's part... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raphinou
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash telnet session logging

I'm looking at allowing remote telnet into my server. like any security-minded administrator, I want to log what my users type on the telnet session. I'm using the script command to generate transcripts of the users session. I have /etc/profile set to automatically start the script command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramnet
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bash history - each session in different file

Hello How to configure, or where to have each session history in different file Example: someone is connecting as root and at this time is creating file in which we have history of executed command to server is connecting another user and is created another file with command executed by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikus
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Number of process per user session

Hi All, Do we have any option through which we can limit the number of process which can be started by single user session. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[KSH/Bash] Starting a parent process from a child process?

Hey all, I need to launch a script from within 2 other scripts that can run independently of the two parent scripts... Im having a hard time doing this, if anyone knows how please let me know. More detail. ScriptA (bash), ScriptB (ksh), ScriptC (bash) ScriptA, launches ScriptB ScirptB,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Session independent process

Hi i am trying to run a report which takes approx 5 hours to complete so what i did i put that reporting command in background and then this reporting process started executed in background but the problem is when i close that session that background job lost :( .... please help me that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connecting to an ssh session with putty/bash.

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question but I couldnt spot another obvious forum for it. I have a windows shortcut which opens up a saved session in putty. From this session I then ssh to another remote server. I was wondering is there a way that I can either edit my shortcut... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newb1000
2 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Nohup process getting killed after closing PUTTY session

I am running a process in nohup . nohup getkeys.ksh 132 > 132.out & When I close the putty terminal,The process is getting killed . default_signal_handler called for signal no: 1 Is there a way to keep the process running even If I close the terminal (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash find with expression - process all files except the starting-points

Hello. This command is correct : find /home/user_install \( \ \( -type d \( -iname "*firefox*" -o -iname ".cache" -o -iname "libreoffice" \ -o -iname "session" -o -wholename "/home/user_install/dir1/dir2/¬¬ICONS_WALLPAPERS_THEMES" \) \) -prune -o \ \( -type f \( -iname... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
uri_urn(n)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management						uri_urn(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(n)