Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming "Blocking" message box in Motif Post 302297365 by Zipi on Friday 13th of March 2009 07:10:44 AM
Old 03-13-2009
By the way....before you wonder about modality Smilie

I need this blocking capability because what i need is:
1)i want to copy/transfer several selected files to another location
2)if a file with the same name exists on the destination path,the application will popup the classic question dialog asking if the user wants to replace the file or not

What i am actually doing is:
1)i use a XmList containing the files in the source path
2)when the user selects the "copy" button i do the following:
Code:
XmString *sTable;
XmString askedQuestion;
char question[256];

int cnt;
char* selectedFile;
XmString *strlist;
       XtVaGetValues(_logEventFileList,XmNselectedItemCount,&cnt,XmNselectedItems,&strlist,NULL);

cout<<"selected "<<cnt<<" elements"<<endl;

//For each selected file popup a question dialog (which is the member variable _dialogConfirm)
while(cnt--)
{
      if(!(selectedFile=(char *)XmStringUnparse(strlist[cnt],
                                              XmFONTLIST_DEFAULT_TAG,
                                              XmCHARSET_TEXT,
                                              XmCHARSET_TEXT,
                                              NULL,0,
                                              XmOUTPUT_ALL)))
      break;
      cout<<selectedFile<<endl;

//Not performing the check if the file exists on the destination right now
      //Just trying to make a dialog appear for each selected file
      sprintf(question,"A file named %s already exists./n/nWhat do you want to do?",selectedFile);
      askedQuestion=XmStringCreateLocalized (question);            
      XtVaSetValues(_dialogConfirm, XmNmessageString, askedQuestion,NULL);

XtManageChild(_dialogConfirm);
      XmStringFree(askedQuestion);
}
XtUnmanageChild(_dialogConfirm);

As you can see,i tried to do it with XtManageChild,but it returns immediately,so i don't see any dialog.
So,making the dialog modal doesn't help me...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"foreign" NIC on Sun Box

Hi, I'm currently running NetBSD on my SUN Ultra5, but want to change to Solaris - now i don't know if my Intel Pro 100+ NIC ( 82559) is supported ? I'm using this (Pizza-)Box as a Gateway so the 2. NIC to the hme is necessary... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CancerMan
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"Connection closed by remote host" while doing ssh to a solaris box

Hi All, When i try to do ssh from a linux to solaris box its throughing "Connection closed by remote host". Please not that this error is not occuring every time i do ssh, it occurs at random timing( Mostly ssh is successful) - unfortunately my script which is doing ssh is falling at this time... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkumar7
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

8. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
XmCreateTemplateDialog(library call)									      XmCreateTemplateDialog(library call)

NAME
XmCreateTemplateDialog -- A MessageBox TemplateDialog convenience creation function SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/MessageB.h> Widget XmCreateTemplateDialog( Widget parent, String name, ArgList arglist, Cardinal argcount); DESCRIPTION
XmCreateTemplateDialog is a convenience creation function that creates a DialogShell and an unmanaged MessageBox child of the DialogShell. The MessageBox widget's XmNdialogType resource is set to XmDIALOG_TEMPLATE. By default, the TemplateDialog widget contains only the separa- tor child. You can build a customized dialog by adding children to the TemplateDialog. You can create the standard MessageBox pushbuttons, Cancel, Help, and OK, by specifying the associated callback and label string resources. Setting XmNsymbolPixmap or XmNmessageString creates a symbol or message label. Use XtManageChild to pop up the TemplateDialog (passing the MessageBox as the widget parameter); use XtUnmanageChild to pop it down. XmCreateTemplateDialog forces the value of the Shell resource XmNallowShellResize to True. parent Specifies the parent widget ID name Specifies the name of the created widget arglist Specifies the argument list argcount Specifies the number of attribute/value pairs in the argument list (arglist) For a complete definition of MessageBox and its associated resources, see XmMessageBox(3). RETURN
Returns the MessageBox widget ID. RELATED
XmMessageBox(3). XmCreateTemplateDialog(library call)