Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting deleting double entries in a log file Post 302297308 by yahyaaa on Friday 13th of March 2009 04:42:53 AM
Old 03-13-2009
try to use tail -r before using uniq command...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Deleting log file

Hi:- Will there be any difference in Solair 2.6 if I delete /var/cron/log file to free up some space. Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_aamir
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting double entry in a file

Hi, I am having almost the same problem as junior member 'oupsforum' (refer to subjuct "deleting double entry in a log file"), only that I am using Sun Sorlaris Unix which the uniq command does not has the flag -w. So I am not able to ignore certain portion of the line when the uniq doing the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wing m. Cheng
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting lines in a log file

Is there an easy way to delete the first so many lines in a log file? like I have a log file that has 10000 lines, i want to just get rid of the first 9000. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting all characters from 350th character to 450th character from the log file

Hi All, I have a big log file i want to delete all characters (between 350th to 450th characters) starting at 350th character position to 450th character position. please advice or sample code. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting double items in file

Hi, i need a script, which deletes doulbe items in a file. My file looks like: - - - xxx xxx G123 G234 G234 G234 o o ... First i want to sort the file an then i want to delete double items. Can anyone help me. I work under solaris10. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: free2k
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete log file entries based on the Date/Timestamp within log file

If a log file is in the following format 28-Jul-10 ::: Log message 28-Jul-10 ::: Log message 29-Jul-10 ::: Log message 30-Jul-10 ::: Log message 31-Jul-10 ::: Log message 31-Jul-10 ::: Log message 1-Aug-10 ::: Log message 1-Aug-10 ::: Log message 2-Aug-10 ::: Log message 2-Aug-10 :::... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script For Deleting Contents of "Live" Log File

In our shop, we have a situation where a log file from our interface engine software has begun maxing out in file size (reaching the 32-bit "2147483647" limit). Currently, the only way to rectify this is to stop the interface and restart it, which generates a new log. Easy enough, but the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjhjr64
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting string within a file that finishes with .log

Hello, This is my first post. Nice forum! I have a file trls.results small exemple of content (actually the file can be very big): ./security/htaccess.htm ./security/ipcount.log ./adhoc/sql/datamod06.sql So there is 3 paths to 3 different files... I want to remove every string that has a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacob106106
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting lines in a log file

Hello Community, sorry iam from germany and my englisch is not so well. iam searching for less then 4 hours on the web for a solution of my problem. i have a proxy-log-file and want to delete lines wicht matches on two words. example of the line in the logfile: now i want to delet... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: matze
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting entries older than 7 days from a file

Hi, I have a file which contains entries in this format. my-bin.000140 my-bin.000141 my-bin.000142 my-bin.000143 my-bin.000144 my-bin.000145 my-bin.000146 my-bin.000147 my-bin.000148 my-bin.000149 my-bin.000150 my-bin.000151 my-bin.000152 my-bin.000153 my-bin.000154... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
2 Replies
kclog(1M)																 kclog(1M)

NAME
kclog - manage kernel configuration log file SYNOPSIS
config] string] type] name] [count] comment DESCRIPTION
is the administrative command for the HP-UX kernel configuration log file. The log file is automatically maintained by all of the kernel configuration commands (and Any change to any kernel configuration gets logged to this log file, which is located at Note that this file is a plain text file which can be viewed and manipulated using standard Unix file management commands; exists simply for convenience in find- ing particular log file entries. Under normal usage, prints the last count entries in the log file. When one of the options is specified, prints the last count entries that match the specified criteria. If count is not specified, it defaults to 1. Options will print all entries matching criteria. If this option is not specified, will only print the last count entries that match the specified criteria. will print only log file entries describing changes to the saved kernel configuration named config. If this option is not specified, will print log file entries describing changes to any saved or running kernel configuration. will not print any entries. Instead, will create a new entry, as if a kernel configuration change had been made, containing the specified comment. This option is only allowed for users with appropriate privileges. will print only log file entries that contain the given string. will print only log file entries that refer to a configuration object (module or tunable) of the given name. will print only log file entries that refer to configuration objects of the specified type: or RETURN VALUE
returns zero for success. It returns non-zero and prints a diagnostic message if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
To see the last three entries in the log: To see the last entry for the tunable To see the last five entries for module changes: To see all entries for module changes: To see the last entry mentioning Aberdeen: WARNINGS
The format of the log file may be changed without notice. Some configuration changes can be made without using the kernel configuration commands. No log file entries are made for such changes. The log file should not be manually edited. Doing so may cause to behave unpredictably. SEE ALSO
kcmodule(1M), kconfig(1M), kctune(1M), kconfig(5). available on kclog(1M)