Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Permission for file movement. Post 302297273 by rajesh08 on Friday 13th of March 2009 02:15:01 AM
Old 03-13-2009
Question Permission for file movement.

Hi ,

How will put the condition whether the file has permission to move from one location to another in scripting?

Regards
Rajesh

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional File Movement script scheduled using CRON job

Hi All, i am trying to automate a process and have to create a unix script like wise. I have a scenario in which i need to automate a file movement. Below are the steps i need to automate. 1. Check whether a file (Not Fixed name-Pattern search of file say 'E*.dat') is present in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: imu
2 Replies

2. AIX

mouse/keyb. movement detection

Hi All ! I hope you can help about this.Anyone know if AIX can monitor (process) keystrokes or mouse moves even when the application is not the active window ? Thank You. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monomaniac
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for a string in a log file with little movement

I have a script which tails a log file and if it finds certain strings in the data tailed it sends an email, basically like this: tail -f logfile > tmp.file & sleep 10 kill $! STRING=$(grep -c "string" tmp.file) && echo $STRING | mailx -s "Warning.." admin@123.com When the string is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moxy
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp script file movement

Hi, I am newbie in unix scripting, I have written a bash script of SFTP that transfer some files from one folder to another within a server , I have two folders test and temp in the directory /home/p5060/sxk124 , the temp folder(/home/p5060/sxk124/temp)contain the files which I through my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KAREENA18
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] help clean up file movement script

Hello Group, Once again another script hacked together from a few sources to try and suit my needs. This is to go through a /temp directory and for each ls entry ask which Dir of three I want it sorted. The script works but there are a few behaviors that are odd so I figured I'd ask for help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpreviti
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Do I need to be "Sudo" user for file movement fr

Hi Experts Do I need to have "Sudo" privileges or user for file movement for file movement from one remote server to another or from local to remote server?:wall: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: parpaa
6 Replies

7. Open Source

Shell script file movement to a Mail Box server using ftp commands

Hi All, I have a current Process that runs "windows script " for the file movement that needs to changed to a "DataStage Process (Using shell script )" Source :Text file is getting generated as part of Datastage Jobs processes and resides in a shared drive (Unix server) Target :ftp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: developer.dwh9
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File movement based on peak hours ( 10AM - 3PM )

Hi , I came across a requirement in writing a script to move files from one location to another location having the number of files limited based on the server time. For example: In total number of files , I have to move files in below order 00 hours - 6AM 10% of the total number of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sakthivel021
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automatic file movement between folders

Hello There, Here is the use cases Input folders dropbox/project/abc/ dropbox/project/pqr/ dropbox/project/lmn/ dropbox/project/xyz/ Target Folders /data/abc/ /data/pqr/ /data/lmn/ /data/xyz/ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TreasureCookies
2 Replies
Rscript(1)								FSF								Rscript(1)

NAME
Rscript - front end for scripting with R SYNOPSIS
Rscript [--options] [-e expr] file [args] DESCRIPTION
A binary front-end to R, for use in scripting applications. expr An optional expression to be evaluated, used in place of expr. file Input file of R expressions args Optional further arguments to be processed by commandArgs in the R interpreter. OPTIONS
--options accepted are --help Print usage and exit --version Print version and exit --verbose Print information on progress --default-packages=list Where 'list' is a comma-separated set of package names, or 'NULL' and also options to R (in addition to --slave --no-restore), such as --save Do save workspace at the end of the session --no-environ Don't read the site and user environment files --no-site-file Don't read the site-wide Rprofile --no-init-file Don't read the user R profile --restore Do restore previously saved objects at startup --vanilla Combine --no-save, --no-restore, --no-site-file --no-init-file and --no-environ SEE ALSO
R(1) R scripting April 2007 Rscript(1)