Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to import the new service Post 302297230 by frozentin on Thursday 12th of March 2009 07:08:48 PM
Old 03-12-2009
The question that comes to my mind is, "why do you NOT want to import this service as root"? When stuff breaks you want root to fix it, so why not let root control what goes on with her/his server? If you are still insistent on this, ask your root to grant you RBAC rights.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

import

i'm importing tables to oracle 7, but sometimes import give me warnings (not failures) how can i rollback the whole imported tables if warnings occured please advise thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omran
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

import

Dear All, If while the databsae was shut down, an import command has been done. Will the import result will return 1? Best Regards, Omran (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omran
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Import variable

Can i import a value of a variable in a different related script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish.s
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

export / import

I have a calling script which consists of calls to other scripts via the sh command. ie vi callscript.sh sh smallscript1.sh extra unix commands sh smallscript2.sh exit In smallscript1, I prompt for a filename, which I handle via :- read f1 export f1 I then need... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: malts18
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Run one service after another service has finished - systemd

Hi all I would like to know how to run task2.service after task1.service has finished. task1.service has a timer (task1.timer), that makes it run every 5 minutes OnCalendar=*:0/5task2.service is basically a script, that has to work on the files created after task1 has finished. This is what I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guilliber
2 Replies
SYSTEMD-VOLATILE-ROOT.SERVICE(8)			   systemd-volatile-root.service			  SYSTEMD-VOLATILE-ROOT.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-volatile-root.service, systemd-volatile-root - Make the root file system volatile SYNOPSIS
systemd-volatile-root.service /lib/systemd/systemd-volatile-root DESCRIPTION
systemd-volatile-root.service is a service that replaces the root directory with a volatile memory file system ("tmpfs"), mounting the original (non-volatile) /usr inside it read-only. This way, vendor data from /usr is available as usual, but all configuration data in /etc, all state data in /var and all other resources stored directly under the root directory are reset on boot and lost at shutdown, enabling fully stateless systems. This service is only enabled if full volatile mode is selected, for example by specifying "systemd.volatile=yes" on the kernel command line. This service runs only in the initial RAM disk ("initrd"), before the system transitions to the host's root directory. Note that this service is not used if "systemd.volatile=state" is used, as in that mode the root directory is non-volatile. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-fstab-generator(8), kernel-command-line(7) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-VOLATILE-ROOT.SERVICE(8)