Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to find files by hours old? Post 302297071 by ShawnMilo on Thursday 12th of March 2009 12:33:28 PM
Old 03-12-2009
Try mmin. In any case, check the manual on your system for find to see what options you have.

Also, if you're looking for files exactly six hours old, you may not find any. You may need to do -mmin +360 for files over six hours old, or -mmin -360 for files less than six hours old, depending on what you're trying to do.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find -mtime +2? means after 48 hours..

find /oracle/sydf/arch -mtime +2 -name 'sydf*' -type f -exec rm -f {} \; this means after 48 hours remove the files..... i am not sure about the command type f -exec rm -f {} \; does it means, check for files, then execute it .. then what doesw the {} and \ and ; means ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yls177
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix command/s to find files older than 2 hours in a directory

I need to write a script to find files older than 2 hours in set of direcotries and list them ina mail. I know find command ti list files greater/lesser than days but i need to do it for hours. Any input. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Presanna
6 Replies

3. AIX

how to find files older than 2 hours

I need help to find files in a directory that are older than 2 hours. Any help would be great. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pt14
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to list files between last 6 hours to 3 hours

Hi Frens, I want to list some files from a directory, which contains "DONE" in their name, i am receiving files every minute. In this i want to list all the files which are newer than 6 hours but older than 3 hours, of current time i dont want my list to contain the latest files which are ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prat007
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files older than 8 hours

I need a script to find files older than 8 hours... I know i can use mmin but the same is not working...the same only support mtime... This is the script i created..but the same is only giving 1 hour old..as I have given dt_H as 1 only...but if i give 8..it can go in -(negative)..how to get the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cotton
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

files older than few hours

Hi All I need to know the command which can be used to list the files which are 3 hours old so that it can be deleted. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mskalyani9
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find files modified by hours instead of minutes

Is there an easy way to find files modified by hours? If you wanted to find something modified by like 28 hours then I know you could do this: find . -mmin -1440It is pain to break out a calculator and calculate in minutes. Could you do something similar to this? I know I don't have the right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find the no of processes that ran 2 hours before or earlier

Is there a way to find out the total no of processes that were running ? - 2 or 3 hours before - list those no of processes (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jansat
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command to get the modified files past 2 hours

Hello, How to get the modified/created files past 2 hours in Solaris with find command? Thank you. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: balareddy
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find hours difference between two dates in given format

I have two dates in below format, how would I find the hours difference between the two dates. Im using AIX and ksh. Current date : Wed May 17 14:34:41 SGT 2017 File date : Thu Apr 27 20:52:41 SGT 2017 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpltyansh
3 Replies
Wanted(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       Wanted(3pm)

NAME
File::Find::Wanted - More obvious wrapper around File::Find VERSION
Version 1.00 SYNOPSIS
File::Find is a great module, except that it doesn't actually find anything. Its "find()" function walks a directory tree and calls a callback function. Unfortunately, the callback function is deceptively called "wanted", which implies that it should return a boolean saying whether you want the file. That's not how it works. Most of the time you call "find()", you just want to build a list of files. There are other modules that do this for you, most notably Richard Clamp's great File::Find::Rule, but in many cases, it's overkill, and you need to learn a new syntax. With the "find_wanted" function, you supply a callback sub and a list of starting directories, but the sub actually should return a boolean saying whether you want the file in your list or not. To get a list of all files ending in .jpg: my @files = find_wanted( sub { -f && /.jpg$/ }, $dir ); For a list of all directories that are not CVS or .svn: my @files = find_wanted( sub { -d && !/^(CVS|.svn)$/ }, $dir ) ); It's easy, direct, and simple. WHY DO THIS
? The cynical may say "that's just the same as doing this": my @files; find( sub { push @files, $File::Find::name if -f && /.jpg$/ }, $dir ); Sure it is, but File::Find::Wanted makes it more obvious, and saves a line of code. That's worth it to me. I'd like it if find_wanted() made its way into the File::Find distro, but for now, this will do. FUNCTIONS
find_wanted( &wanted, @directories ) Descends through @directories, calling the wanted function as it finds each file. The function returns a list of all the files and directories for which the wanted function returned a true value. This is just a wrapper around "File::Find::find()". See File::Find for details on how to modify its behavior. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2005-2012 Andy Lester. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the Artistic License v2.0. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-08 Wanted(3pm)