Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cat all yesterdays file into one file? Post 302297049 by Jcheetwood on Thursday 12th of March 2009 11:49:43 AM
Old 03-12-2009
Cat all yesterdays file into one file?

I am looking for a command to take files with a specific date and cat them all into big file. I know I can use commands to list all of the files from a certain date. But I want to do that and take those files and make on large files containing all of them.

Any help would be great. This is being done on HP-UX 11.23

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Easiest way to cat out first 100 lines of a file into a different file?

Not sure how to do this exactly.. just want to take the first 100 lines of a file and cat it out into a second file. I know I can do a more on a file and > it into a different file, but how can I make it so only the first 100 lines get moved over? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to cat file

I want to cat a file with only show the line contain '/bin/bash' but don't show the line contain 'load' (don't show if the line contain 'load' and '/bin/bash' together), how to type in the command? thk a lot! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zp523444
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat a file starting with ~|

helo all I have a file where lines start with ~|. Given a sample line-> ~|21|123|1232|ABC|2135.... So when i use the command -----cat $file | mailx -s "Rejects : $envid" $recip.dat------ When unix cats the file which holds lines starting with ~| it seems to be it takes those lines... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenJo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find yesterdays file - shell script

Hey guys - i have a script (below) that searches for current files in a particular directory. However i was wondering how to make it search for "yesterdays" file. For instance it looks for a file from yesterday and no older than that. I used stat command to check for file information: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

split a line of a file and cat a file with another

Hi, I have two files one.txt laptop boy apple two.txt unix linux OS openS I want to split one.txt into one line each and concatenate it with the two.txt output files onea.txt laptop (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: avatar_007
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat file

how to cat a file by ignoring first line and last line (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cat can not open file

Hi All, I have stumbled upon very unique issue. In my script I am doing cat file and then greping and cutting so as to assign the value to variable. My file is, <mxc_tl_load_extractdata_prop.bsh> DB_USER=test_oper hostname=xxx FTP_USER=test1_operate MAIL_LIST=xxx@yyy.com... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paragd
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

for i in `cat file` do

in bash: for i in `cat file` ; do echo $i done; how will i do this in perl ? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using xargs To Delete Yesterdays File

Using the find command to find files in a directory and automatically delete files older than 24 hours find . -mtime +0 | grep file | xargs rm. Using the find man page but I can't seem to make it work for files that have the previous day's time stamp but are not 24 hours old. Is there a way for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh cat file output into a file on local computer

Hello, I'm on a remote computer by SSH. How can I get the output of "cat file" into a file on the local computer? I cannot use scp, because it's blocked. something like: ssh root@remote_maschine "cat /file" > /locale_machine/file :rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borsti007
2 Replies
DATETIME.SETDATE(3)							 1						       DATETIME.SETDATE(3)

DateTime::setDate - Sets the date

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public DateTime DateTime::setDate (int $year, int $month, int $day) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style DateTime date_date_set (DateTime $object, int $year, int $month, int $day) Resets the current date of the DateTime object to a different date. PARAMETERS
o $object -Procedural style only: A DateTime object returned by date_create(3). The function modifies this object. o $year - Year of the date. o $month - Month of the date. o $day - Day of the date. RETURN VALUES
Returns the DateTime object for method chaining or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Changed the return value on success from NULL to | | | DateTime. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 DateTime.setDate(3) example Object oriented style <?php $date = new DateTime(); $date->setDate(2001, 2, 3); echo $date->format('Y-m-d'); ?> Procedural style <?php $date = date_create(); date_date_set($date, 2001, 2, 3); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d'); ?> The above examples will output: 2001-02-03 Example #2 Values exceeding ranges are added to their parent values <?php $date = new DateTime(); $date->setDate(2001, 2, 28); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->setDate(2001, 2, 29); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->setDate(2001, 14, 3); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; ?> The above example will output: 2001-02-28 2001-03-01 2002-02-03 SEE ALSO
DateTime.setISODate(3), DateTime.setTime(3). PHP Documentation Group DATETIME.SETDATE(3)