Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to import the new service Post 302296999 by incredible on Thursday 12th of March 2009 09:36:16 AM
Old 03-12-2009
Use this as your checklist solaris 10: add new svc

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

import

i'm importing tables to oracle 7, but sometimes import give me warnings (not failures) how can i rollback the whole imported tables if warnings occured please advise thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omran
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

import

Dear All, If while the databsae was shut down, an import command has been done. Will the import result will return 1? Best Regards, Omran (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omran
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Import variable

Can i import a value of a variable in a different related script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish.s
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

export / import

I have a calling script which consists of calls to other scripts via the sh command. ie vi callscript.sh sh smallscript1.sh extra unix commands sh smallscript2.sh exit In smallscript1, I prompt for a filename, which I handle via :- read f1 export f1 I then need... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: malts18
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Run one service after another service has finished - systemd

Hi all I would like to know how to run task2.service after task1.service has finished. task1.service has a timer (task1.timer), that makes it run every 5 minutes OnCalendar=*:0/5task2.service is basically a script, that has to work on the files created after task1 has finished. This is what I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guilliber
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)