Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Function Recursion Shift Problem Post 302296976 by radoulov on Thursday 12th of March 2009 08:47:43 AM
Old 03-12-2009
Did you try:

Code:
tree -d ~

or (as already stated):

Code:
find -type d

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

recursion

I'm using the UNIX csh and i wish to use recursion to nav my way up (or down as it is) a given folder. My little test script is called "r" and takes a folder as argv (or $1) #!/bin/tcsh -f set allFiles = `ls -A $argv` cd $argv while ($#allFiles) if (-d... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gsjf
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with recursion in subdirectories

Hello ! I need some help with my simple bash script. This script removes all files ( with name given in $1 ) in current dir and subdirectories . The problem is with first loop in the script ( for file in * ; do ) . When I run the sript in my home directory this script display sometimes( ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotty_123
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Help Help in recursion

Hello every body. I am trying to find the factorial using the following code. But it is giving the syntax error. I tried very much but in vain. Thanks in advance for helping me factorial() { if then y=`expr $1 - 1` x=$(( $1 \* factorial $y ))... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: murtaza
6 Replies

4. Programming

Recursion

I want to halt a tail recursive function after certain validation. I want to come out of entire recursion without unwinding phase. How can i achieve that . The coding is done in C language. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshighanshyam
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

recursion script problem

Hi Guys,, I tried to create a recursive function in unix. The following is the code. #/bin/sh function(){ n=$1; if ; then out=1; echo "inside if for 0"; else out = `$n * function "$n-1"`; echo "inside if for $n-1; fi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
3 Replies

6. Programming

Recursion function (Anagramming word)

Sorry for my english Hello all my friends and seniors, i had created a programm in c++ (anagrammig of word) it works fine but i cannot understand how exactly recursion is working , i mean oh.. first look at the code . #include <iostream> #include <string> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rink
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Strange Problem in case statement while shift

Hi, Here is my code as below: test.ksh: ======= #!/bin/ksh option="${1}" while do case $1 in -f) FILE="${2}" echo "File name is $FILE" ;; -d) DIR="${2}" echo "Dir name is $DIR" ;; -*) echo "`basename ${0}`:usage: | " (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaq1xsw2
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function problem

hey guys, im trying to learn bourne shell atm and I'm having some issues with functions. so heres my code: #!/bin/bash ##functions memory () { free -m } space () { df -h } ip () { (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hawkfro12
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX function example with "shift" command

Hello, I am reading one of the AIX manuals about shell scripting and (AIX 5) and I found this example when introducing to functions: function usage { prog="$1"; shift print -u2 "$prog: usage: $prog $@" exit 1 } This example is meant to be easy but I don't understand what it is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kibou
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[BASH] Getopts/shift within a function, unexpected behaviour

Hello Gurus :) I'm "currently" (for the last ~2weeks) writing a script to build ffmpeg with some features from scratch. This said, there are quite a few features, libs, to be downloaded, compiled and installed, so figured, writing functions for some default tasks might help. Specialy since... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
3 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)