Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Expect script to ssh into MMI Post 302296761 by JerryHone on Wednesday 11th of March 2009 07:04:53 PM
Old 03-11-2009
You can try...
Code:
ssh -l root 10.242.112.100  '/usr/local/bin/mmi_cmd;dsp_alarm_span all'

but ssh will prompt for the password, so you're still in expect territory if you want it fully automated. You can get around this by using public/private keys.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH Expect Script

Ok, i don't know if anyone else here have had to deal with something like this before, but here's my situation. I have about 1000+ servers I need to log into to do something. What i need to do is to log into each server, go to a certain directory on each of the servers, copy the files that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script to Automate SSH

How would I write an expect script to automate ssh and what file extention do expect files use? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prodiga1
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect ssh script issue with if and foreach

Hi, I am trying to create an ssh script to login to cisco routers and activate/deactivate bgp neighbors if they match certain conditions. I dont think my "if" and "foreach" are working correctly. Any help is appreciated. Below is my script: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blahblahsomeone
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh is not working while calling through expect shell script

Hi, Please share you experience and way out on below error:--> #!/bin/bash -xv FILE=login.txt + FILE=login.txt CONNECT=sshlogin.exp + CONNECT=sshlogin.exp SERVERNAME=$1 + SERVERNAME=192.168.12.1 MyServer="" + MyServer= MyUser="" + MyUser= MyPassword="" + MyPassword= exec 3<&0 +... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish_1678
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script using SSH with expect command

Hi all, I want to connect to some host with "ssh". I have googled and got some commands of "expect" and "spawn". I was not aware of these commands and tried below script. $ cat auto.sh set host xx.xx.xx.xx set password abcd@1234 set user root spawn ssh $user@$host expect "*?assword:*"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: divya bandipotu
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Password to SSH without using expect in a Script

How can I pass password in SSH command without using expect in a shell program. I don't have expect installed on my Solaris server. #!/bin/bash ssh user@hotname (how to supply pass in script?:wall:) Experts please help its very urgent. Shrawan Kumar Sahu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss135r
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect ssh script cannot finish and exit

All i am new to linux, and try to have a simple expect script to ssh then telnet to the network equipment, and exit itself. but dont know why i hang at the last $ #!/usr/bin/expect set timeout 10 set arg set arg1 spawn ssh -l UserA 1.1.1.1 expect "assword:"; send "PasSwOrD\r";... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samoptimus
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH Script is sticking, & sign not doing what I would expect

I am having an issue where I am do an SSH to about 30 servers one at a time however my script is getting hung up sometimes on the SSH. I thought the & at the end as seen below would fire it and move on but that does not seem to be working. #!/bin/s for remsys in trumpetsnail angel delphin... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script ssh passwordless login

how can i use an expect script to do a passwordless ssh login and run a script on a bunch of remote hosts? I do not want to use public key authentication as this would require me to setup the keys on the clients etc.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdubb123
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP or scp with password in a batch script without using SSH keys and expect script

Dear All, I have a requirement where I have to SFTP or SCP a file in a batch script. Unfortunately, the destination server setup is such that it doesn't allow for shell command line login. So, I am not able to set up SSH keys. My source server is having issues with Expect. So, unable to use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss112233
5 Replies
Xsession.options(5)						File Formats Manual					       Xsession.options(5)

NAME
Xsession.options - configuration options for Xsession(5) DESCRIPTION
/etc/X11/Xsession.options contains a set of flags that determine some of the behavior of the Xsession(5) Bourne shell (sh(1)) script. See the Xsession(5) manpage for further information. Xsession.options may contain comments, which begin with a hash mark ('#') and end at the next newline, just like comments in shell scripts. The rest of the file consists of options which are expressed as words separated by hyphens, with only one option per line. Options are enabled by simply placing them in the file; they are disabled by prefixing the option name with 'no-'. Available options are: allow-failsafe If the 'failsafe' argument is passed to the Xsession script, an emergency X session is invoked, consisting of only an x-termi- nal-emulator(1) in the upper-left hand corner of the screen. No window manager is started. If an x-terminal-emulator program is not available, the session exits immediately. allow-user-resources If users have a file called .Xresources in their home directories, these resources will be merged with the default X resources when they log in. allow-user-xsession If users have an executable file called .xsession in their home directories, it can be used as the startup program for the X session (see Xsession(5)). If the file is present but not executable, it may still be used, but is assumed to be a Bourne shell script, and executed with sh(1). use-session-dbus If the dbus package is installed, the session bus will be activated at X session launch. use-ssh-agent If the ssh-agent(1) program is available and no agent process appears to be running already, the X session will be invoked by exec'ing ssh-agent with the startup command, instead of the startup command directly. All of the above options are enabled by default. Additional options may be supported by the local administrator. Xsession(5) describes how this is accomplished. AUTHORS
Stephen Early, Mark Eichin, and Branden Robinson developed Debian's X session handling scripts. Branden Robinson wrote this manual page. SEE ALSO
Xsession(5), ssh-agent(1), x-terminal-emulator(1) Debian Project 2004-10-31 Xsession.options(5)