Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Set the Serial Number in HPUX? Post 302296630 by irinotecan on Wednesday 11th of March 2009 01:22:42 PM
Old 03-11-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbe
Did you try to run print_manifest?
Yeah, both print_manifest and DB's "getconf MACHINE_SERIAL" did not return a serial number.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tape Serial Number

Hello Experts, I've got a shell script that makes the backup of the files that i want. I also have this script showing the amount of files backed up and in witch folders they are. It's only missing one thing. I got all the information beeing stored in a text file and all i've got to do is to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jorge.ferreira
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to set baude rate of Serial port using setserial or other command

Hello, I am encountering problems when I use termios structure to set my baud rate of serial port. Pls give me a way by which I can set the same using a different command (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zaheer031
1 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

HPUX 10.2 number pad

I have a keyboard that the number pad will not work. I cannot find the location of the configuration file to get it to work. I have to say, I have not tried another keyboard as my location is remote. Any suggestions? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: esimeroth
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Display Serial Number

Hello, I am running Solaris 9 and I need to display the serial number of my machine. How can I do this? Here is my machine info: SunOS birch 5.9 Generic_118558-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 Thank you, David (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Serial number

Hi Solarizer ;) I have face the difficulties of gathering information about the serial number of sun machine. i think its can do so easy while the machine is just one or two. But i have to administrate hundreds of sun machine. Any body knows how to gather this information by the command ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpx99
4 Replies

6. Solaris

how to set the variales for serial port

Hi, I am working with Solaris 9 Sun Blade-100.I am doing some changes for serial port and by mistaken I changed the serial port /dev/term/a variables. So I need to make the changes fro /dev/term/a same as /dev/term/b. So please tell me how can I do that ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Anyone know how to get Serial number with 1 command?

Solaris8 Anyone help? (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
27 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to set block size for CPIO in HPUX

Hi, One of our internal tool runs cpio command to archive certain files, but I receive an error as follows. CPIO Failure (operation would block) When i debugged, i assume that this an error due to block size.. My question are, How to find the block size in HP-UX?? How to set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vj8436
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help about bind serial number

Hello folks. Please let me understand the bind serial number. I am confuse. 13011321 ---------- Post updated at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:55 AM ---------- Thanks problem is solved. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learnbash
1 Replies
LESSECHO(1)						      General Commands Manual						       LESSECHO(1)

NAME
lessecho - expand metacharacters SYNOPSIS
lessecho [-ox] [-cx] [-pn] [-dn] [-mx] [-nn] [-ex] [-a] file ... DESCRIPTION
lessecho is a program that simply echos its arguments on standard output. But any metacharacter in the output is preceded by an "escape" character, which by default is a backslash. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -ex Specifies "x", rather than backslash, to be the escape char for metachars. If x is "-", no escape char is used and arguments con- taining metachars are surrounded by quotes instead. -ox Specifies "x", rather than double-quote, to be the open quote character, which is used if the -e- option is specified. -cx Specifies "x" to be the close quote character. -pn Specifies "n" to be the open quote character, as an integer. -dn Specifies "n" to be the close quote character, as an integer. -mx Specifies "x" to be a metachar. By default, no characters are considered metachars. -nn Specifies "n" to be a metachar, as an integer. -fn Specifies "n" to be the escape char for metachars, as an integer. -a Specifies that all arguments are to be quoted. The default is that only arguments containing metacharacters are quoted SEE ALSO
less(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Thomas Schoepf <schoepf@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Send bug reports or comments to bug-less@gnu.org. Version 458: 04 Apr 2013 LESSECHO(1)